Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Z8CdasC.png

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
That's a pretty dense schedule. I guess they'll have to keep a lot of players until late into the pre-season to keep the vets fresh. I hope nobody get's hurt :help:

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Quebec game will be played at the new Videotron Centre, Rip Collisee.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
3 games and 3 nights. The kids are going to get a lot of chances to prove themselves this pre season.

I'm very surprised to see that we're playing the Leafs in Toronto. That has to be the first time since 2007 that they have done that.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I think the home and road teams split the gate revenues in the pre season. I'm not sure what the exact proportion is but it could explain why the habs typically play so many home games during the preseason. They have to be a team in demand that others would like to play due to their large gates.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Thank god we don't have these stupid games in Florida next year. This schedule is alright. Dense, but very little travelling involved.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I went to a pre-season game once. Never again.

Full price, **** line-ups, important players don't give a ****.

It's fun to watch on TV tho, for the rookies.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Quebec game will be played at the new Videotron Centre, Rip Collisee.

If memory serves, Colisee Pepsi isn't going to face the wrecking ball any time soon. (That word from Marcel Aubut, former Nordiques owner and current head of the Canadian Olympic Committee.)

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I've honestly never cared for the pre-season.

I only get excited for the early pre season games because that's when they play most of the rookies and because it means hockey is back, after that I lose interest fast because teams start playing mostly NHL players who don't really try. I agree they should cut down of the pre season games because it gets boring and old really fast.

CanadianODST

Dec 17, 2014
I went to a pre-season game once. Never again.

Full price, **** line-ups, important players don't give a ****.

It's fun to watch on TV tho, for the rookies.

Jeez, I would never pay full price for preseason, I didnt even know they we're full price.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
This year we'll play BOS (3 home, 2away) & BUF (2 home, 3 away) five times and the rest of the Atlantic 4 times.

The 8 game road trip is because of the WJC.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
That's outrageous. Saturday night hockey is my religion. Along with chicken wings.

That's plenty for me. I don't have any attachment to Saturday nights over other days of the week personally.

Saturdays we will not play on:

OCT 31
NOV 21
JAN 02
JAN 30 - ASG?
FEB 13
FEB 21

So only 5 Saturdays we won't be able to watch the Habs on TV.

Last edited:

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Saturday nights are weird when the Habs play on the road (I know they can't always be at home) but are down right awful when they don't play at all. It's the one night a week I always try to watch. I miss pretty much every Tues and Thurs game because I play those nights so when they don't play Saturday I find myself looking for something to occupy my time while I drink beer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad