Slovakia - Petr Budaj
Czech Republic - Thomas Plekanec
Switzerland - Rafael Diaz
Russia - Andrei Markov, Alexei Emelin

Am I missing anyone right now?

Last edited by a moderator:

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
Highly doubtful Murray makes it to Sweden, they've got a lot of good defenseman right now

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I'm thinking there's no doubt about Emelin being there. Markov - Emelin is pretty much a lock to be the main pairing for Russia.

Also, outside chance of Martin Reway for Slovakia.

Last edited:

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
Although he is not playing, I think we would be remiss in not mentioning that Vladimir Vujtek is the coach for Slovakia

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
I'm thinking there's no doubt about Emelin being there. Markov - Emelin is pretty much a lock to be the main pairing for Russia.

Which is great for them...not so great for the Habs. Both those guys could use the rest. Especially Markov.

But hey.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
what is "Czech Slovakia" ?

Haven't you heard? The Czech have recently decided to invade Slovakia and make it a protectorate.

No really, I think he must have googled Budaj and found out he was born in former Czechoslovakia. The mistake should be fixed before any international incidents occur.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Yeah, I see them posted on the roster on the team thread there just now. That's half cool. I'm glad Emelin is there for tuning up purposes. I would have preferred to just rest Markov, though. But congrats to them all the same.

I'd also prefer a rested Markov. How many games are they likely to play?

A1

Everything is awful
Oct 15, 2005
Montreal, Qc
Since '98 who are the habs that have made team canada at the Olympics? I'm thinking this is the first year we had 2 guys. Did Theodore ever make it?

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
So do the Habs have the most Olympians of any NHL team?

Probably not the most, but we have a lot.

I bet Chicago has more.

It's fun seeing all these people in these olympics, and mostly in top-line roles. It's going to be exciting watching the games and not only for team Canada, but for the Olympics in whole.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Probably not the most, but we have a lot.

I bet Chicago has more.

It's fun seeing all these people in these olympics, and mostly in top-line roles. It's going to be exciting watching the games and not only for team Canada, but for the Olympics in whole.

Yup looks like Hawks 10 and Habs 8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad