Habs outluck Isles in OT 1-0

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Capuano looked like he was cramming for finals behind the bench. He will have a good team sooner than later I think. Boring chess match of a game to watch. Nothing wrong with the celly in overtime. C'mon, get over it. Patches best friend sets him up and he's happiest for him. If you are trading one of them, Patches goes first. Without Patches, Desharnais is fodder. If you trade Desharnais first, you will have one severely disgruntled Patches on your hands. What will they do? Keep em both?

Capuano won't be around much longer, his team should be much better.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I'm not like the Gorges-Emelin pairing at all.

Jeeze, do you really have to state the obvious?

We know you don't have two heads, 4 arms and 4 legs and half of you doesn't come from Russia.

And by the way who accused you of being like Gorges-Emelin?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

We know you don't have two heads, 4 arms and 4 legs and half of you doesn't come from Russia.

Shafter. :laugh:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Lafleurs Guy did. You can blame him.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
:laugh::laugh:

You are on a roll man.

We get a shutout and you ***** about Gorges-Emelin.

Is your analysis of the game so simplistic that the score perfectly reflects the reality of on-ice play? Emelin has been brutal for weeks. Just because he didn't get lit up by one of the worst teams in the league doesn't mean it wasn't painful to watch. Just like there were players who didn't necessarily pop-up on the scoresheet that did their jobs pretty well.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005

Tsk tsk. Now you're behaving like a Bouillon-Drewiske pairing :)

Saw a bit of Gorges on the PP last night. He fumbled the puck before managing to dump it in behind the net, ie give up our possession. :( Seems MT does not experiment with special teams D so much which bugs me as we've only scored one reg. goal in three games why doesn't he try Emelin on the PP?

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Is your analysis of the game so simplistic that the score perfectly reflects the reality of on-ice play? Emelin has been brutal for weeks. Just because he didn't get lit up by one of the worst teams in the league doesn't mean it wasn't painful to watch. Just like there were players who didn't necessarily pop-up on the scoresheet that did their jobs pretty well.

*Cough* Chucky-Eller

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

No. I'm simply making an observation about the boys who are fans of certain players.

When we lose, those fans constantly complain about a small set of players.

When we win, those fans constantly complain about those same players. It becomes silly after a while.

The Habs have a lot to improve on. And it's more systems related than one single individual player. We continue to see mistakes in execution being made, from Gorges to Subban, from DD to Eller and everyone in between.

Last night was not pretty. We got two points and should be thankful and move on.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
No. I'm simply making an observation about the boys who are fans of certain players.

When we lose, those fans constantly complain about a small set of players.

When we win, those fans constantly complain about those same players. It becomes silly after a while.

The Habs have a lot to improve on. And it's more systems related than one single individual player. We continue to see mistakes in execution being made, from Gorges to Subban, from DD to Eller and everyone in between.

Last night was not pretty. We got two points and should be thankful and move on.

You have to understand that we don't live in the south. Weather sucks here for a large part of the hockey season and *****ing about hockey is just about all we have. :sarcasm:

But to be quite honest, I haven't seen many people ***** about gorges/emelin. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention. To be honest, I think Emelin isn't getting half the negative attention he would if he were diaz-sized.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
You have to understand that we don't live in the south. Weather sucks here for a large part of the hockey season and *****ing about hockey is just about all we have. :sarcasm:

But to be quite honest, I haven't seen many people ***** about gorges/emelin. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention. To be honest, I think Emelin isn't getting half the negative attention he would if he were diaz-sized.
Emelin isn't playing well, that is true, but look at Markov last year compared to this year. He's proof that knee injuries like that do take time to get back into the groove of things.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

SouthernHab is just insecure. He's afraid that I'm bashing Emelin because he loves size and thinks I hate it. He's created his own narrative in that regard since I've been saying the entire year that I can't wait for Emelin to come back as the defense will improve ten-fold...and it has. That being said, there is still room for improvement. I don't like the Gorges and Emelin pairing not because Emelin is bad, which is what SouthernHab thinks because he's a massive reactionary, but that so far, Emelin and Gorges seem to have very little chemistry together.

Maybe it's because they don't compliment each other well, maybe it's because Emelin is on his off-side, or maybe it's because he just came back from injury. Maybe it is even Gorges that is the problem. All in all, there is room for improvement here and I haven't been impressed with the pairing.

It's also funny to read SouthernHab talk about being the fans of certain players considering his Eller is a 4th line schtick last year, as well as his inability to see what Diaz contributes to the lineup because he lacks size. Though I am not surprised as he spends more time trying to attack posters than being consistent in his claims, which of course is a huge reason why I can only respond to him when someone quotes him.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
What's going on? The Habs came perilously close to being shut out three games in a row. Once they were, against LA. The next time they had to pull Price to get a single goal but lost anyway. Against the Islanders they couldn't score in regulation time.

This is bizarre performance for a team that just a few days ago had beaten the Bruins and was atop the East. True, the were shelled by the Kings, but so have other teams in their division. But to be shut out by Martin Jones?!

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Andy. DD is way undersized. And I am happy that he helped to win the game for us.

Premise destroyed.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
What's going on? The Habs came perilously close to being shut out three games in a row. Once they were, against LA. The next time they had to pull Price to get a single goal but lost anyway. Against the Islanders they couldn't score in regulation time.

This is bizarre performance for a team that just a few days ago had beaten the Bruins and was atop the East. True, the were shelled by the Kings, but so have other teams in their division. But to be shut out by Martin Jones?!

Therrien needs to go back and look at the lines he had while we were winning.

Briere has no business being with DD.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Emelin isn't playing well, that is true, but look at Markov last year compared to this year. He's proof that knee injuries like that do take time to get back into the groove of things.

I agree, and I seriously hope Emelin's problems are recovery related. But for the sake of argument, markov is much older and had several injuries that kept him out for long periods of time.

There is also the fact that the coaching staff isn't really helping matters right now. Emelin is struggling and should never have been pushed back into a top 4 role so soon.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Funny the diametrically-opposed comments about Murray during CBC's broadcast of the game yesterday.

On the play where Grabner put on a burst of speed against Murray, their commentators dubbed Murray "the slowest defenseman in the East".

Then, on a subsequent play where Murray nails someone, one of the commentators blurts out "the guy's an anvil!"

Gentlemen, why don't you make up your minds already. Not that we give a ****. :sarcasm:

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Funny the diametrically-opposed comments about Murray during CBC's broadcast of the game yesterday.

On the play where Grabner put on a burst of speed against Murray, their commentators dubbed Murray "the slowest defenseman in the East".

Then, on a subsequent play where Murray nails someone, one of the commentators blurts out "the guy's an anvil!"

Gentlemen, why don't you make up your minds already. Not that we give a ****. :sarcasm:

Both seem quite accurate and independent of each other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad