Speculation: Habs on Tradecentre (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Just my opinion but I don't see Bergevin trading assets for Perry who will be a UFA in a couple of months and I definitely don't see him paying $9 M + to sign him as a UFA. Bergevin is too smart to get sucked in with all the Perry hype. Perry is a good hockey player, very good in fact, but he's not $9 M + good imo. I think Bergevin will let the other GMs fall all over themselves making ridiculous offers to Perry while he Bergevin puts his focus elsewhere. Besides, if you are going to pay Perry $9 M +, what are you going to pay Patches on his next contract when he's putting up the same or comparable numbers, and maybe even better numbers, than Perry?

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Give Dallas a pick and a so-so prospect for Morrow. Great leadership, grit, and depth for the playoffs. Would be a low key pickup and he'd fit right into this team.

If the team is in first Gainey can send Robidas too as a gift. Couple of solid depth veterans

Last edited:

Darth Joker

Dec 12, 2009
Canada
I think we can make Perry fit into our cap structure. Gionta and Markov will not be making as much on their next contract as they are on their current one. Not with a cap that's going down and them getting well up there in years. The savings from those contracts expiring can go to guys like Subban and the Gallys when the time comes.

I don't want to trade for Perry though. He's almost certainly going to test the UFA market, so try to nap him in the off-season for between 8 and 9 million.

Bekbe

Aug 30, 2009
Quebec
wow reading all this about Perry between 8 and 9 million just make me appreciate the contract of Max Pac at 4.5 ! I don't want to pay 8.5 for a player that play just 1 season above points per game ( maybe 2 if he continue this year ) and he play with a better center than anyone in our team....I like Perry but not at this price

I think that every team set the salary chart on their own, right now Price is 6.5. not sure that Bergevin wants that much to have contract more than 7 million but will see

Perry < Getzlaf < Crosby/Malkin

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Give Dallas a pick and a so-so prospect for Morrow. Great leadership, grit, and depth for the playoffs. Would be a low key pickup and he'd fit right into this team.

If the team is in first Gainey can send Robidas too as a gift. Couple of solid depth veterans

Even though he is struggling I think Dallas can do better than that for Morrow. Teams fall over themselves for that type of player near the deadline. That's why we got a 2nd plus Geoffrion for Gill.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I think we can make Perry fit into our cap structure. Gionta and Markov will not be making as much on their next contract as they are on their current one. Not with a cap that's going down and them getting well up there in years. The savings from those contracts expiring can go to guys like Subban and the Gallys when the time comes.

I don't want to trade for Perry though. He's almost certainly going to test the UFA market, so try to nap him in the off-season for between 8 and 9 million.

I think Perry will end up elswhere but as a "sign and trade" so he can get 8 years. Anaheim will get a 1st or a good prospect back.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Even though he is struggling I think Dallas can do better than that for Morrow. Teams fall over themselves for that type of player near the deadline. That's why we got a 2nd plus Geoffrion for Gill.

True, you're right. I really want to see the team 14 NHL forwards deep and 8 NHL defencemen deep. May as well go for it at the cost of a couple of mid-round picks, as a reward to the team for being in 1st.

Any ideas on depth guys in that 3rd-4th round value range? Would you bring in Gill if Nashville makes him available? :D

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

How do you know he has great leadership?

From what I heard, Morrow isn't that great of a leader. He takes a lot of lazy and selfish penalties. He doesn't need by example. Just ask Dallas fans, you will be surprised that he isn't that great. Like Clowe isn't as great as some thought.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
You do realize he wouldn't be signed, right? Have fun explaining to your boss how you lost so many assets for someone who flew the coop first chance he got.

If I had your magical crystal ball I'd be making billions on the stock market, not posting on hockey Internet boards.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
If I had your magical crystal ball I'd be making billions on the stock market, not posting on hockey Internet boards.

You don't realize that in your example, the player did exactly that? Are you even trying? :help:

You don't give up those kind of assets for a 'maybe'. Unless your crystal ball is somehow better than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad