Habs on pace for 120 pts

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
No, I think overall, a majority of fans would get rid of Therrien. Its easy to defend him when the team is playing well and most don't vent their frustrations until his tinkering actually makes us lose a few games.
This team is built to make the playoffs no matter who is coaching, the issue is teams that have this much potential only come around every 15 years or so, Do we want to waste a great team with a mediocre coach? I personally can see this team winning a Cup down the road, but I don't see MT behind the bench when it happens.

First of all I hope you mean on HF... because otherwise I doubt it very much.

Secondly, it's funny because a few games ago, we were playing so bad that the stats were telling us that we wouldn't sustain this pace. But now, this team will make the playoffs no matter who's coaching. The bar keeps being reset.

Thing is, I'm ok with replacing Therrien with a better coach. But the talks of firing Therrien weren't just that. It was all about firing Therrien and just anyone would be a better choice.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The problem I have with this.. is that ... people were not considering the fact that we were twice on 4 games in 6 nights road trips with zero time to practice. There just wasn't much time for the team and coaching staff to get together and address these issues. To think this was going to continue forever was premature and ill considered.

Also, it's more than just being critical. It's ridiculing and dismissing the entire org as incompetents. This is what the discourse boiled down to the last few weeks.

The second road trip and susequent return did it.
The loose style we saw initially probably appealed to some...:laugh:

The fact that we had been home and had time to practice and then proceeded to lay those eggs shocked some. It was the manner in which we were losing that hurt. Particularly Calgary and Chicago.

We've played three fairly solid games now and should like nothing better than taking down those orange ******...:nod:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
This is a good team guys so stop saying that we're two or three trades from being a contender two years down the line following this transition year

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
I think the critics MT suffered had mainly a singular point in common wich was his player usage, and thats been dealt with. Im one of those that think it was done on prupose to have a final verdict on these players future with the Canadiens, and justifying to your owner to bury 3.5M in Hamilton needs a lot of arguments.

Therrien said in an interview that he thinks his team is buying into his defensive system, that his offense starts from the D on out, etc. Matter of fact, there are new faces around and most had to learn the automatisms of what makes a strong hockey team's system, and now we will see the benefits of a few weeks of practices and invaluable game experience that builds chemistry.

I have one concern, much like everyone else around here, that they cant be happy with DDs performances. Not when you're trying to be a Stanley cup contender.

Bergevin needs to deal DD for a top9 winger and we'd be set for good.

Davebo*

Prediction: We finish with 107 points, play Boston and sweep them

64695-Ill-be-in-my-bunk-firefly-niUO.jpeg

Nynja*

It's funny because 4 games ago this board was up in arms and I thought we were firing Therrien because our pace was unsustainable since our advanced stats sucked.

This board was up in arms with #FireTherrien because he kept playing Bourque and was letting Sekac rot in the press box, and a bunch of other ridiculous stupid "VETERAN PRESENCE" moves.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If we truly are poised to be #1 or #2 in the Atlantic, the question is: is this team built to go deep into the playoffs? (and not just making them)

Going to be a tossup between us, Tampa and Pitt who comes out of the east. Likely be the one who is most healthy after 3 playoff rounds.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
We have a 100-104 points team imo, much like the 2007-2008 edition. Lots of young players, good chemistry, guys are having fun, we have talent. But has a team we're not rock solid. There are some issues defensively and they have yet to prove they're not streaky. Unfortunately it might be a set-up for disapointment in a first or second round exit vs the other hot team at that moment. I remember the exit vs the flyers in 2008.

We'll see in the next 2 months if this team is able to build a confidence that makes them dominate game after game.

It sucks though with that format, we know we'll have to beat either the bruins or tampa AGAIN to win it all. Any of those 2 teams would play with a lot of emotion vs us this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad