Habs Offseason Discussion Part V...Get it outta your system!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
As long as MT doesn't have his boy Bou on the team, I'll accept the fact he's the coach.

Doesn't mean I don't think he'll last another 2 years though.

Bring Babcock!!

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I honestly don't see much happening other than the goalie situation being worked out. Either tokarski or Budaj will be moved for a pick. I prefer its Budaj (as much as I like him). Tokarski will probably increase in value (only has a few games under his belt), has a cheaper cap hit for the next 2 years. In 2 years, Fucale may be ready to step in.

I am patient and willing to wait to see how some of the new players play into the line-up before freaking out in November, demanding everyone gets fired and traded.

boyinboyin

Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Pacioretty - DD - Parenteau
Galchy - Eller - Gally
Prust - Pleky - Sekac
Boutnival - Manny - Weise

Extras : Bourque, Moen

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Gilbert
Beaulieu - Weaver

Your thoughts ?

Halifaxhab*

I honestly don't see much happening other than the goalie situation being worked out. Either tokarski or Budaj will be moved for a pick. I prefer its Budaj (as much as I like him). Tokarski will probably increase in value (only has a few games under his belt), has a cheaper cap hit for the next 2 years. In 2 years, Fucale may be ready to step in.

I am patient and willing to wait to see how some of the new players play into the line-up before freaking out in November, demanding everyone gets fired and traded.

Having watched him for 3 yrs already, I am almost 100% sure Fucale not be ready in 2 years.

Halifaxhab*

When he will be ready, Price will be 27-28 and he will be in his prime time !

that IS in one to two years. Fucale is more of another 4 yrs away, Price will be around 30-31 then. And there's no guarantee Fucale will be able to be an NHL starter at that point as goalies are much tougher to develop and even read at this stage...and I am a big Fucale fan.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Ditto. I'm not a fan of MT.

Hopefully he goes back to the system from 2013 and stops with the nonsense on benching PK and stupid lineup management.

I don't think he can do that anymore after this contract. He's going to have a very tough time explaining why he's sitting the highest cap hit Dman in the NHL.

Halifaxhab*

I don't think he can do that anymore after this contract. He's going to have a very tough time explaining why he's sitting the highest cap hit Dman in the NHL.

benchings for mistakes only happens to rookies and sophmores. Vets get MORE ice time to "fix" their game. He's safe now. Especially now that after each end to end rush or high risk play Subban pulls off, he gets to the bench, winks at MT then hands him a 50$ bill and tells him to go buy something nice.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Does anyone know if Andrei Kostitsyn is under contract right now?
I realize the chances of Montreal bringing him back are 0. Just curious. Would have been a good fit with Galchenyuk and Plekanec (past chemistry) or Eller. Depth scoring and good for the odd ridiculous highlight reel :yo:

Oct 22, 2012
I realize the chances of Montreal bringing him back are 0. Just curious. Would have been a good fit with Galchenyuk and Plekanec (past chemistry) or Eller. Depth scoring and good for the odd ridiculous highlight reel :yo:

If he is as good as advertised, I see Sekac taking on that role. Either with Pleks or with Eller. They (Sekac and Pleks) are practising together with Kladno and might be building some good chemistry.

Capgeek has Akost KHL team listed next to 2014-15 so I assume he's still committed.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Galchy - Eller - Gally
Prust - Pleky - Sekac

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Gilbert
eBeauliu - Weaver

Your thoughts ?

Bourque as an extra???!!! Imo, no way!! He was (as usual) one of our top PLAYOFF players...let him do well with Eller. Yes...regular season-Bourque is inconsistent, BUT...he's a keeper 'cause he's so darn good in PLAYOFFS. Our top 9 is crappy/average without Bourque. (especially playoffs).

For me:

Galchenyuk - Pleks - Gallagher/Sekac?
Pacioretty - DD - PA Parenteau
Bourque - Eller - Gallagher/Sekac?
Prust/Bournival - Malhotra - Weise
Moen

Markov - PK Subban
Emelin - Gilbert
Tinordi - Weaver

Beaulieu (AHL to improve his DEFENSE 101??)

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

:deadhorse:

Guy was done 3 years ago. He will never play in the NHL again, least of all for the Habs now. He could have been a good fit years ago when he was still relavent and had some heart but those days are loooong gone.

Given the current crop of youngsters that are hungrier to make this team, I'm suprised there's not more talk about cakeS, DLR, Ghetto etc.

I'm a little biased as my avatar shows. Look to the future and you only talk about the past when the future dries up and we have a very BRIGHT future! :yo:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Galchy - Eller - Gally
Prust - Pleky - Sekac

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Gilbert
Beaulieu - Weaver

Your thoughts ?

I think we'll see the following line up to start the season barring any injuries. Mind you, it'll change 3 shifts into the 1st game as MT will make "adjustments" as per usual. Hahaha

Patches DD Gally
Chucky Plex Parenteau
cakeS/Wiese Eller Bork
Prust Manny Bournival/Weise
Moen

Markov PK
Emelin Gilbert
Beau Weaver
Tinner Pateryn
Nygren - If he doesn't make the team I think he gets traded. Don't be mad at me for saying that :sarcasm:

Price
Budaj
Tokarski - Will probably be demoted unprotected, especially considering the sheer number of UFA goalies available. I can see him come up IF the Habs manage to trade budaj and save a few bucks in the process.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
(...)

Your thoughts ?

First line is too soffff. Parenteau comes with some baggage, esp. his inability to buy into a given coaching system. That he's being pegged as a first line RW, says a lot about how we still don't have a true first line.

Hoping Galchenyuk eventually develops into a first line asset. And somehow, we land a first line RW on the market.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
First line is too soffff. Parenteau comes with some baggage, esp. his inability to buy into a given coaching system. That he's being pegged as a first line RW, says a lot about how we still don't have a true first line.

Hoping Galchenyuk eventually develops into a first line asset. And somehow, we land a first line RW on the market.

I think this is due to the stubborness of keeping Max and DD together like they're siamese twins. Hopefully this changes this year.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think this is due to the stubborness of keeping Max and DD together like they're siamese twins. Hopefully this changes this year.

If their RW were a physical specimen who goes into the slot, takes punishment, dishes out hits and can score, they'd have the perfect guy for Pacioretty and Desharnais to continue playing together. The bad news -- every team is after that type of RW.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
If their RW were a physical specimen who goes into the slot, takes punishment, dishes out hits and can score, they'd have the perfect guy for Pacioretty and Desharnais to continue playing together. The bad news -- every team is after that type of RW.

Iggy... :cry:

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
Pacioretty-DD-Gallagher has been pretty great. I know that theoretically many posters wince at the idea of 6'2-5'7-5'8... but they make it work, the proof is in the pudding. I'm guessing Plekanec or Eller would also be great in between those wingers, but I don't think RW or cumulative size on that line is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad