Speculation: Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
MB should listen to offers for Pacioretty.

Simmonds+ for Pacioretty?

Patches has been injured the majority of the seasons. Of all the people to move moving him would be absolutely boneheaded. He took a pretty large discount to stay here and despite playing injured half the season was our leading scorer.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
MB should listen to offers for Pacioretty.

Simmonds+ for Pacioretty?

No, sign Clarkson and put him on DDs line with Patches. Hopefully he will rub off on Patches and motivate him to drive the net and get into the dirty areas.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Please just find a way to get rid of Boullion and replace him with a stay at home defender who can actually clear the crease.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Patches isn't, and shouldn't be moved. DD is latched onto him like a malignant lump and should be excised before anything. Patches is really good, DD is not.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Bergevin is not going all and bringing ufa's. He wants to develop his core from within. This season was an illusion. And management knows it. Bergevin will be addressing some needs from the outside but not all of them.

68*

Desharnais for future considerations/salary/herpes/AIDS
Bouillon for future considerations
Gionta for future considerations
Markov for best thing you can get
Gorges for best thing you can get

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
It is not all grey and black... we did finish 2nd in the east. We have a ton of good young players. But we do need to get bigger, tougher and more agressive. We've seen what kind of difference a guy like Prust can make.

- Gionta to the NYI for an average AHL prospect
- Diaz for a 3rd
- Moen for a 5th
- Re-sign Armstrong (1.0), Halpern (0.7)
- Buyout Kaberle
- Sign Horton (4.5) and Fistric (1.5)

Pacioretty (4.5) - Eller (1.325) - Galchenyuk (3.25)
Bourque (3.33) - Plekanec (5.0) - Gallagher (0.87)
Horton (4.5) - Desharnais (3.5) - Kristo (1.3)
Prust (2.5) - White (0.7) - Armstrong (1.0)
*Leblanc (0.7), Dumont (0.5), Halpern (0.7)

Markov (5.75) - Emelin (2.0)
Tinordi (1.0) - Subban (2.875)
Gorges (3.9) - Fistric (1.5)
*Bouillon (1.5)

Price (6.5) - Budaj (1.4)

Total: 58.545

Last edited:

MaxLacoste

Jun 26, 2012
Montreal
People should remember that most of us didn't even thought they will make to the playoffs. Of course it's sad that our season is over, but let's not forget the plan to built from the draft. The only important player that see going this summer is DD because there's now Galchenyuk, Eller and Plekanek in from of him. We don't need him anymore. Gorges will stay. Bouillon will be 7th-8th in the depth chart. Bergevin will build from the draft. Here's the core Bergevin should build for 2013-2014:

Pacioretty - Plekanek - Gionta
???? - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Prust - Eller - Bourque
White - Dumont - ???

Subban - Markov
Tinordi - ???
Gorges - Emelin

I see us going for 3 players in the of season: A top6 winger (MAYBE we can keep Ryder if there's NO other option) a bottom 6 winger (a big grinder please) and a experienced d-man to teach Tinordi (Maybe Gorges and we bring someone else).

Option from the system: Leblanc, Kristo, Collberg, Hudon, Beaulieu, Ellis. (No real option for a big grinder) The best candidate for next year are Kristo and Beaulieu. Kristo is NHL ready, he can take a top9 role as soon as next year. Beaulieu is also a good option for the blue line. And he will get experience (very important because he will be a important piece of our future blue line).

There's a lot of good players in this years UFA market, but I hope Bergevin do the same thing as last year, getting good and important players like Prust. Players that will bring character and passion.

For the draft, I would keep all my choice and let Timmins do is magic. I would try to get a big d-man (Zadorov, Morin, etc) and add some weight upfront. I'm for the BPA in the first round, but since we have 3 second round picks, I'll throw some of them on player like McCarron and Hill.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
It took The Hawks 50 years to win, but when they built it right, and took their time, they have built a solid contender. I think this is what he meant

I understand what he is saying. That's why I said that it made me laugh a sad laugh.

I have been hearing the same thing over and over again for the last two decades. And nothing has changed.

And what makes it even more frustrating and more depressing is that we had a damn good team this season and Bergevin did nothing to make a playoff run.

I get building for the future. Squandering and surrendering in the present is a little hard to take.

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
I think we will see what bergevin thinks of this team this summer. We should use what we saw from the playoffs to see the core of this team and who should leave. Am I the only one who thinks our defensive coach/system needs a lot of adjustments? We keep our defense but adjust our system for their style of play.

Bourque-Plekanec-xxx
Pacioretty-Eller-Gallagher
xxx-Galchenyuk-xxx
Prust-White-xxx
Halpern/Armstrong

We need to fill these spots with playoff performers or players that drive the net

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
See about trading Desharnais, Gionta and Diaz and replace with big skilled guys like Clowe, Clarkson and Murray.

Team must get tougher. We can't get laughed at anymore because we are weak. Time to take care of business and stick up for our skilled players.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I want Bergevin to get people here who are playoff built. Leblanc is more of what we already have. He may be ready but we have other priorities first. At least I hope so.

And Hamilton is now filled up with forwards who are carbon copies of Leblanc.

We have drafted ourselves into a tough position. This playoff series showed that smallish forwards can be neutralized by bigger forwards and bigger DMen.

If we need an example, Gallagher was targeted and pounded into irrelevance.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
What about Mike Rupp with Whitey and Prusty? That would be a fantastic 4th line.

I didn't watch him much in Minnesota but he looked finished for the Rangers. I'd much rather go after someone who can skate and defend for another fighter, like Reaves or Boll.

Bouillon should be the7nd d-men next year

And I mean, he's better for that role than Weber, who needs a new start somewhere else. But Boullion as a regular is an absolute killer.

Quarantesix

#Galchenyuk
Apr 29, 2009
Montréal
I just hope hope Bergevin will have the balls to correct his mistake and that he will found I way to trade DD.

And Stalberg will be a Habs next year . Book it haha

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
I didn't watch him much in Minnesota but he looked finished for the Rangers. I'd much rather go after someone who can skate and defend for another fighter, like Reaves or Boll.

I've always been a big fan of Boll, don't see why the Jackets would get rid of him though. I'd like to see him replace Armstrong as the #12 forward next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad