habs mini package for regional games

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Just off the phone with Telus in Vancouver and they tell me that they are not going to be offering the NHL mini package for regional games that was being offered by Rogers. Their lame excuse is they do not have enough time. this after being told three weeks ago that they were negotiating woth Rogers for the rights. Anyone on Shaw know if they will be offering this mini package?

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
Just off the phone with Telus in Vancouver and they tell me that they are not going to be offering the NHL mini package for regional games that was being offered by Rogers. Their lame excuse is they do not have enough time. this after being told three weeks ago that they were negotiating woth Rogers for the rights. Anyone on Shaw know if they will be offering this mini package?

I was going to call TELUS in Vancouver today too. **** them, they suck!!!

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

I am stuck with them due to circumstance. My silver lining is my GF is a Rogers employee so she gets Game Centre for free until the new year and then half off of whatever it will cost from January until the season ends. It will just be my account.

I was going to pay full price to have it in the cable box but will just use Game Centre through Apple TV now.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site

I had a call back from Telus loyalty rep and they made me an offer of NHL center ice package for 1/2 price and then a credit of $10.00 a month on my cable bill for 12 months. I will worry about next year next year. So in a nutshell they are now paying me to watch NHL center ice or darn near close to nothing for 12 months.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I had a call back from Telus loyalty rep and they made me an offer of NHL center ice package for 1/2 price and then a credit of $10.00 a month on my cable bill for 12 months. I will worry about next year next year. So in a nutshell they are now paying me to watch NHL center ice or darn near close to nothing for 12 months.

Do you have telus tsatellite or optik?

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
so do I, I will call them again tomorrow.

tell them like me you have been waiting for the package to be announced after hearing they were negotiating with Rogers for the rights to the regional habs/sens package and that you really do not want the NHL package. Ask them to let you talk to the loyalty department to see what they can do for you. Thats what I did and then when I was talking to the loyalty dept I asked to please give me a name from the marketing department that would decide not to offer the package to Telus subscribers cause they did not have enough time. I reminded them the season is still three weeks away and they have been negotiating for over three weeks. Good luck let us know how you make out.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
tell them like me you have been waiting for the package to be announced after hearing they were negotiating with Rogers for the rights to the regional habs/sens package and that you really do not want the NHL package. Ask them to let you talk to the loyalty department to see what they can do for you. Thats what I did and then when I was talking to the loyalty dept I asked to please give me a name from the marketing department that would decide not to offer the package to Telus subscribers cause they did not have enough time. I reminded them the season is still three weeks away and they have been negotiating for over three weeks. Good luck let us know how you make out.

Thank you so much!

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

I got the same story from an agent.

What a kick in the nuts.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Yeah ill give it a shot on Wednesday. You got a sweet deal, actually.

still surprised, after looking at their confirmation email I am actually ahead by $20.00. Getting the NHL center ice package for two payments of $49.99 and then get a credit of $10.00 a month on my bill for the next 12 months. Don't tell Telus, lol

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
still surprised, after looking at their confirmation email I am actually ahead by $20.00. Getting the NHL center ice package for two payments of $49.99 and then get a credit of $10.00 a month on my bill for the next 12 months. Don't tell Telus, lol

I'm jealous, man.

AcadiaAxeMan

Mar 10, 2002
Grande Prairie, AB
Visit site
Grande Prairie HABSFAN here ~ got $10/off for 6 months on my bill and the Centre Ice package @ $199 = no coup, but I am ok with ALL games for $139 .... didn;t read the "loyalty program" person info...

GoHabsGo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad