Post-Game Talk: Habs make it to the SC Finals!!!! Beat Vegas in OT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
consoler-pep-talk.gif
Thank you Jaffy! I have always liked you despite our differences of opinion at times, you are good people fam! This has been an emotional week for me, my baby girl had her high school graduation and that was not easy for me. I was bursting with pride and sadness at the same time, she heads to university in the fall(landed a major scholarship cha ching) and is about to spread her wings and fly. I have nicknamed her "little bird" all her life and with each step I remind her that she is flying ever further from the nest but always welcome to come back. Oh well, I am rambling but that's me, I wear my heart on my sleeve I guess. Beautiful times my friend.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
The way we’re playing I’m thinking we’re the favourites in the final and since everyone wants to shit on the habs, bring on Tampa.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
You can always count on Jaffy for landing it smack, dab on the airstrip every time.

I’ll never forget that time he was viewing HF boards from his cockpit and you could see the page displayed among his instruments.

That was epic, until I thought "Hmmmm...shouldn't you be concentrating on flying the plane? :laugh:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
See youngins! You know this is sweet when even us old timers are showing this much emotion. We've seen the Cups, we've seen the parades. It NEVER gets old, you want to experience it over and over again. Damn you Craig, I'm sobbing again now :laugh:
Thank you good sir, I have enjoyed my many interactions with you over the years, you are pure class! This board is a better place because you are part of it! Go Habs!

Reactions: Habs10Habs

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Thank you Jaffy! I have always liked you despite our differences of opinion at times, you are good people fam! This has been an emotional week for me, my baby girl had her high school graduation and that was not easy for me. I was bursting with pride and sadness at the same time, she heads to university in the fall(landed a major scholarship cha ching) and is about to spread her wings and fly. I have nicknamed her "little bird" all her life and with each step I remind her that she is flying ever further from the nest but always welcome to come back. Oh well, I am rambling but that's me, I wear my heart on my sleeve I guess. Beautiful times my friend.
I hear you man……my daughter is 22, I know the pride you are feeling for your daughter, I was there a few years ago, went and bought myself a 1200$ suit just for the occasion, and she went on to graduate college….it’s an awesome feeling.

As for moving out, my kid still lives with me, I can’t let her go, I want her to live with me forever lol

As for the team, we do maybe see things differently, but at the end of the day, we’ve always respected each other and we’ve always wanted the best for this team…..and here we are, going to the SCF.

:)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thank you good sir, I have enjoyed my many interactions with you over the years, you are pure class! This board is a better place because you are part of it! Go Habs!

Seconded. This place is blessed for having him among us. He’s a joy to read and represents all that is good and genuine of Habs fans. All class is right!

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I hear you man……my daughter is 22, I know the pride you are feeling for your daughter, I was there a few years ago, went and bought myself a 1200$ suit just for the occasion, and she went on to graduate college….it’s an awesome feeling.

As for moving out, my kid still lives with me, I can’t let her go, I want her to live with me forever lol

As for the team, we do maybe see things differently, but at the end of the day, we’ve always respected each other and we’ve always wanted the best for this team…..and here we are, going to the SCF.

:)
I raise a bottle of moose in a toast to your post lol. I have told my daughter the same thing about living with me forever but in reality, it wouldn't be fair to her, I am after all, a crusty old bastard lol.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Congrats to your daughter!!
Wait til she gets married.............boy those are interesting and emotional times!!!
Wishing her luck in university!! Which one is she going to?
One of my girls went to X for 4 years, and Dal for 2...

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Seconded. This place is blessed for having him among us. He’s a joy to read and represents all that is good and genuine of Habs fans. All class is right!

Thank you, the feeling is definitely mutual. We all saw when you were "away", that this board isn't the same without you. :)

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad