Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Wings but Slaf earn 250k thanks to Hutson

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Wow. Just wow. This team will be something.

Just this last tanking draft to get an elite player and we are on the brink. A couple of moves by HuGo, kids coming up…next season will be fun, barring any major injury spell.

Playoff pretenders next year? Could be. Playoff contenders in two years? No doubt.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I just want to know if Slafkovsky will pay 50% in taxes or the new Trudeau 66 % in taxes on that 250k bonus. :D

No. The changes are for capital gains. Also, its not a 66% tax. It's that 66% of your capital gains can be taxed rather than 50%. They increased the tax rate from 26% to 33% for those capital gains. It's pure BS in any case.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
I would have to work 10 months for that "bonus" geez , prospects are looking great , this team could eventually do some damage.
10 months? You're doing great!

I didn’t want Hutson to play this year. Didn’t want him to get smoked. But what an awesome way to wrap up the season. So much fun to have a skilled player and not have a coach tell him to ‘grind!’
Just imagine Lane Hutson coached by Mr. Grind Deez Guyz

Yuck

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Overall, Marty seems '' happy '' with the result of this season. Yes, they only have 8 more points than last year but his whole group showed a lot of progression. Last year they were getting outplayed and this year they weren't.

Says he wouldn't be surprised to be in the mix for the playoffs next year.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Need help. Dunno where to ask this but I'm blanking and it's bothering so much. What's the expression of a team that has your number/ that always beat you up.
Thought it started with a "dark or black something" .. not dark horse nor black sheep.

Example, the Carolina Huricanes are the Canadiens _____________

Thanks in advance

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Need help. Dunno where to ask this but I'm blanking and it's bothering so much. What's the expression of a team that has your number/ that always beat you up.
Thought it started with a "dark or black something" .. not dark horse nor black sheep.

Thanks in advance
I think you're looking for the French expression "bête noire"

But it could also be "dark penis", that's also very commonly used in hockey circles and you should use it in your day to day language as often as you can.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Msl has been great the last 2 years. For what he lacks in coaching experience he has a lot of elite playing experience and a great attitude all over. The interviews are way above and beyond what we've had in the last 15 years, how he deals with the kids etc... It was a great move by Hugues/ Gorton.

Just for fun.. let's put Therrien, Jacques Martin, Julien, Cunneyworth, Ducharme... and MSL in the same phrase... and then think about it...

how many younging bloomed that much under these other coach...

Give the man a new contract...

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
No. The changes are for capital gains. Also, its not a 66% tax. It's that 66% of your capital gains can be taxed rather than 50%. They increased the tax rate from 26% to 33% for those capital gains. It's pure BS in any case.
THat's is a big f***ing increase. Glad I can help our government out because hey... what would I do with these capital gains anyway. Pfft.

Thanks in advance
Dark Donkey!

• Haha
Reactions: Jabba11

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Yeah guys that second part was the 7 year old in me.

It's bête noire.

"Et oui Marc, les sénateurs sont la bête noire du Canadiens!"
"Ta gueule Pierre"
Lol... ca va être tout noir...
;)

Good nite all...

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I gotta say... I had fun hanging out here this season. Mods needed to be educated here and there, but overall, this place is cool :cool:

I guess now my attention turns toward whoever is playing against the leafs. Go that team!

1713325929224.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad