Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Leafs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Well sorry hating was basically just slang for talking poorly of your team after the loss. (didnt even think about it)
Im basing this off reactions to the loss within this thread. like slow down u guys have a great team and all teams go through slumps. does that mean your bad? no obviously not.
I wasn't throwing stones but hey if you guys choose to think that then whatever. Sorry?
Yea , like we don't know teams go through slumps.
I know leaf fans could write a book on team slumps, but that doesn't mean the rest of us are unaware of them.
Like leaf fans throwing waffles on the ice in their own building ? Booing Gartner right outta town.
I recall leaf fans who used to wear paper bags over their heads during home game at Maple Keaf Gardens.
So you can save the preaching leaf fan.
We're good here.

cheers

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
As I said earelier this year when we were winning, I'd still fire MB if I could. I don't see him as a good GM. He had a really good offseason but I don't see him as a visionary.

All that being said, we're much improved. I can give credit where it's due and I think we're a pretty solid team.
I like Suzuki.
But he's young and even with his skill Bergevins team has a total of 4 goals from all four centers combined.
MBs entire career in Montreal his squads are terribly weak down the middle.
Brutal

Reactions: the

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Yea , like we don't know teams go through slumps.
I know leaf fans could write a book on team slumps, but that doesn't mean the rest of us are unaware of them.
Like leaf fans throwing waffles on the ice in their own building ? Booing Gartner right outta town.
I recall leaf fans who used to wear paper bags over their heads during home game at Maple Keaf Gardens.
So you can save the preaching leaf fan.
We're good here.

cheers
Calm your self down Karen.

Sure I'm a leafs fan but Im also a NHL fan, and why are you so upset? sorry if I made you so upset you chose to attack me for no reason.

There's alot of casual fans out there who over react on a game to game basis.

Montreal fans are no better than Toronto fans....

Iv never thrown waffles on the ice or wore a bag over my head. I also don't bash other teams for no reason at all. I actually want other teams to improve because I enjoy watching good hockey.

Im a huge fan of some of the players on your team but I guess Im not allowed here because Im a Leafs fan first.....

Grow up

Reactions: jasonleaffan

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Calm your self down Karen.

Sure I'm a leafs fan but Im also a NHL fan, and why are you so upset? sorry if I made you so upset you chose to attack me for no reason.

There's alot of casual fans out there who over react on a game to game basis.

Montreal fans are no better than Toronto fans....

Iv never thrown waffles on the ice or wore a bag over my head. I also don't bash other teams for no reason at all. I actually want other teams to improve because I enjoy watching good hockey.

Im a huge fan of some of the players on your team but I guess Im not allowed here because Im a Leafs fan first.....

Grow up
WHAT? We no better?! Get outta here! We are like the bestest and the most rational, level headed, analytical, never over-reacting, never judging and most importantly most smartest fans. Like come on.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I like Suzuki.
But he's young and even with his skill Bergevins team has a total of 4 goals from all four centers combined.
MBs entire career in Montreal his squads are terribly weak down the middle.
Brutal
You;re forget Danno;s goal from last night... that's 5.

Reactions: PaulD

smarties 1

Mar 4, 2014
They control the media’s tsn rds tva tsn 690 98,5 91,5 after all those years its probably the easiest way to sell their products!

May be it’s time to ice a good team!
May it’s time to build with a plan instead of selling dream!

The problem starts at the top !
Molson

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
They control the media’s tsn rds tva tsn 690 98,5 91,5 after all those years its probably the easiest way to sell their products!

May be it’s time to ice a good team!
May it’s time to build with a plan instead of selling dream!

The problem starts at the top !
Molson
Can’t disagree with that.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We have one two way center in the making. His name is Nick Suzuki. KK is still a possibility despite what you may read here. I somehow get the impression that these kids are being over-coached. I much prefer their instinctive play which Julien seems to frowns upon. I wasn't kidding yesterday when I said too many XXX's and OOO's are slowing us down. We hear a lot of negative talk about Muller but one thing for certain in my mind is that I much prefer his coaching style to Clod the Plod's. I'm also not convinced the PP is strictly his domain given how the deployment was different last year when Julien was out. Ultimately the failings of our special teams plural has to fall on the HEAD coach.

No disagreement on Nick Suzuki.

I'm at odds with the oft repeated designation about how Danault is a "two-way" center.

He's a defensive center with limited offensive production -- that's not a two-way center. And if his scoring trend defines him further, he's not a top 6 center either. I've always thought he might have been at best, a borderline top 6, someone who can replace in the role in case of an injury but not someone who should be deployed there regularly.

Reactions: blarneylad

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Leafs fan here, Honestly u guys should slow down hating your team. you have a great team. all teams go through rough patches. cant be perfect all the time. feels like you guys are for sure making playoffs and anything can happen.

When the tables are turned and the Leafs lose, your fans are as scathing as ours toward their team. Extreme emotional investment makes both of these fanbases do extreme things.

Reactions: angusyoung

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That is so f***ing tough to watch my god lol...
GET THE PUCK OUT you idiots

It didn't help that they kept showing this sequence on Sportsnet, but ultimately, it will be to the Habs' benefit.

They opted for a video session yesterday instead of practice -- I'm sure this sequence must have been analyzed to death. Leafs won all of their one on one battles inside the zone on that sequence, it was total dominance -- with Habs players being complicit in not giving the type of second effort that would have cut it short. I hope they've learned from it.

Houlerion

Jan 20, 2021
Repentigny
What’s better than a saturday night against our beloved Ontario rivals? We hate them, they hate us...etc...

I hope the guys will care tonight and be ready to play in the dirties areas. If we make Toronto’s defence looks like early 2000 devils and we’re not crushing them into the boards like savages, I’ll be really disappointed.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
When the tables are turned and the Leafs lose, your fans are as scathing as ours toward their team. Extreme emotional investment makes both of these fanbases do extreme things.

So, what you're describing is fan bases using sports as outlets for much larger problems... ;)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Game was Wednesday. Continue in appropriate thread for whatever subject you are discussing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad