Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to oilers

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I disagree with the “game too fast / pint sized” but I don’t think Barron has any “dog” in his game (the “scared” part).

Guhle, Struble, even Matheson have some meanness in them, while Barron looks like someone that would be glad to play in a contactless league.
All of that is troublesome and strikes at the core of his identity. You can’t teach meanness. How long do they hold on to him?

Reactions: Habs10Habs

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
All of that is troublesome and strikes at the core of his identity. You can’t teach meanness. How long do they hold on to him?
For what he’s probably worth in a trade, I imagine they just play it out and pray he finds the next level.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
That was an excellent coaching move by the much maligned MSL. He recognized that playing against McDavid, we needed our most mobile defencemen on the ice to limit this incredible skater's ice and time. In general, they both did an effective job holding McDaid to one point. I shudder to think what would have happened if we had Savard , Kovacevic, et al, on the ice against McDavid. Matheson and Guhle can skate with McDavid.
I couldn't agree more. Especially now that we don't have a Danault type player amongst our forward group.

Reactions: Runner77

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Brandsegg-Nygard has 3 goals, 1 assist, 4 points in his last 4 games since he’s been back from the WJC. Looks like it helped him get confidence.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad