Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to LA

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Suzuki is the best player on this team.
Maybe. Probably.

Sad.

imagine if we have another GM that burns out franchise players again? Another 5 years of burning up prospects, poor development ...drafting... whoa

Pleks was never better than Suzuki, not ever.
True that. Absolutely.

Pacioretty had more tools to work with that Caufield, but after Chara nearly killed him his game changed and there was no intensity anymore.

I'll admit I was never a big Pacioretty fan, but that year he was LW with Cole as his RW, that line was awesome.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Maybe. Probably.

Sad.

True that. Absolutely.

Pacioretty had more tools to work with that Caufield, but after Chara nearly killed him his game changed and there was no intensity anymore.

I'll admit I was never a big Pacioretty fan, but that year he was LW with Cole as his RW, that line was awesome.
Prior to the hit he also toned things down after he got suspended.

Reactions: Runner77

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

Pacioretty had Desharnais and Caufield have Suzuki.

I like Suzuki quite a bit but he's not #1C material. Suzuki is like Koivu or Plekanec, a good #2 center.
LA Kings have a true #1 center : Anze Kopitar. He won 2 SC and is still a great leader at the age of 36.
And Kings have a good #2 center with Danault.

Reactions: MasterD

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Maybe. Probably.

Sad.

True that. Absolutely.

What is the argument for Suzuki over Plekanec?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Plek was underrated and Suzuki is overrated.

Plekanec's best years offensively are better than Suzuki currently, in a lower scoring era.

Edit: just to illustrate the difference. Pleky finished the 2009 2010 season as the 28th best scorer in the league (70 pts). Suzuki with 66 pts last year finished... 74th. 1 whole point above Brayden Schenn. 70 pts would have placed 59th - quite a realm of difference with 2009 2010.

Defensively he was very good too, and it checks out with his Selke placements over the years (according to hockey reference, he had placements like 7th, 13th, 15th and 15)

Suzuki could still end up better, bur I dont buy the Plekanec was NEVER better than Suzuki as shown. Suzuki has a higher draft pedigree and more hype coming in from rhe Pacioretty trade and being the only viable center option.

Its not that hes a bad player. I would love to keep him around. But hes ideally a 2C. Not unlike Plekanec's situation.

Put Pleks out here with this collection of misfits and turds, and he's a 40pt player. Pleks was never a 1C , not ever, not in my mind.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
It's strange and pointless to have an argument comparing Suzuki and Plekanec.
It's going nowhere. The solution for the Habs is Dach and maybe new players getting dratfed. Also get rid of bad contracts like Anderson, Dvorak, Armia, Evans and Gallagher. And maybe if possible send the contract of Price somewhere like they did with Weber. Rebuilt is that also.

Instead of that we are wasting our time comparing Suzuki with Plekanec, maybe next time comparing him with Koivu?
We were not proactive when we didn't sign Danault and we replaced him by Dvorak. We signed Armia, Gallagher, Anderson, Evans, Hoffman and some other useless filler gaps. Now we suck for years and years to come.

LA Kings were proactive and they signed Danault, he was the difference maker making them the PO. And they didn't stop there, they improved to a point they are today a force in the league, right at the top. They had the patience with Byfield and Danault secured the center, having good chemistry with Moore, Arvidsson, Iafallo and whoever plays with him. Today Kopitar looks like he's 10 years younger, same for Doughty. But Habs fans bash LA Kings sayin' they play a boring trap, hahaha. Habs act like jealous fans and they are stucked with that loser mentallity. This is sad and pathetic.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
The greatest non producing hab of all time.

He gets 3 points tonight, or he won’t, but he’ll get lots of comments claiming he should have.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Suzuki is a better shooter, better passer, I'd say higher offensive IQ.

Plekanec was a much better skater, and better defensively. More intensity.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Suzuki is a better shooter, better passer, I'd say higher offensive IQ.

Plekanec was a much better skater, and better defensively. More intensity.
They are different and almost equal at the end. When Plekanec finally had a good winger (Kovalev), I think he got 72 pts. Koivu always had the best wingers (Savage, Ruzinsky, Ryder, Kost, Higgins, etc). Plekanec never complained, having so many different wingers in his career, something close to 250 different wingers. I've heard this on the radio, maybe some exageration. Pleks was a good warrior in regular season but wasn't performing in PO except the Halak run when he neutralised Ovy's line and Crosby's line.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Did the kings actually wear those buckets during the game?

That should be grounds for a 2 point deduction in the standings.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Plekanec's career high is better and more valuable than Suzuki's, but obviously that's not a fair comparison. I expect that if he stays healthy, Suzuki will eventually have better seasons than Plekanec.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Put Pleks out here with this collection of misfits and turds, and he's a 40pt player. Pleks was never a 1C , not ever, not in my mind.

Suzuki isnt either. Pleky with Caufield would actually be a pretty good combo me thinks.

It's strange and pointless to have an argument comparing Suzuki and Plekanec.
It's going nowhere. The solution for the Habs is Dach and maybe new players getting dratfed. Also get rid of bad contracts like Anderson, Dvorak, Armia, Evans and Gallagher. And maybe if possible send the contract of Price somewhere like they did with Weber. Rebuilt is that also.

Instead of that we are wasting our time comparing Suzuki with Plekanec, maybe next time comparing him with Koivu?
We were not proactive when we didn't sign Danault and we replaced him by Dvorak. We signed Armia, Gallagher, Anderson, Evans, Hoffman and some other useless filler gaps. Now we suck for years and years to come.

LA Kings were proactive and they signed Danault, he was the difference maker making them the PO. And they didn't stop there, they improved to a point they are today a force in the league, right at the top. They had the patience with Byfield and Danault secured the center, having good chemistry with Moore, Arvidsson, Iafallo and whoever plays with him. Today Kopitar looks like he's 10 years younger, same for Doughty. But Habs fans bash LA Kings sayin' they play a boring trap, hahaha. Habs act like jealous fans and they are stucked with that loser mentallity. This is sad and pathetic.

I mean, id love to get rid of those contracts and advance the rebuild, but unfortunately the only thing I can do is talk crap on a forum :P

I do find it strange how everyone agreed pretty unicersally that Pleky was never a number 1 C, but Suzuki is somehow considered like a true 1C... all while every number and metrics points to Plekanec being the superior player at his peak. Notice, Im just responding to the notion tgat Suzuki now is better than Pleky ever was, but I dont put aside the notion that suzuki might surpass Pleky.

Just highlights that we're still stuck in the same wheel of misfortune.

They are different and almost equal at the end. When Plekanec finally had a good winger (Kovalev), I think he got 72 pts. Koivu always had the best wingers (Savage, Ruzinsky, Ryder, Kost, Higgins, etc). Plekanec never complained, having so many different wingers in his career, something close to 250 different wingers. I've heard this on the radio, maybe some exageration. Pleks was a good warrior in regular season but wasn't performing in PO except the Halak run when he neutralised Ovy's line and Crosby's line.

Plekanec actually topped at 70 pts and it was during rhe Cannaleri, Gionta, Gonez years. Not sure who he actually played with... but Gomez had 59 pts, Cammaleri 50 and Gionta 46 as our team leaders.

The team finished 23rd out of 30 offensively, compared to 26th out of 32 last year.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad