Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Detroit in OT in ugly jerseys. RHP with 2!

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Fun game but would’ve preferred a regulation loss. Kirby Dach is a treat to watch right now. Suzuki needs to score a goal.
Suzuki is basically our version of Dylan Larkin.. you can't expect too much pointwise, but he does a lot of good things not seen on the scoresheet.

He's our petfect 2C for a Cup Run in 3 years.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Did we get rid of them already? Oh wait, Gallgher 4 more yrs at 6,5M and Armia 2 at 3,4. Thank you Bergevin!
Imagine what $9.9M player we could have over the same time period? What a friggin waste of capspace (thank god we're tanking) bergy would be loading up at the TDL to make a run for Wild Card #2 - parceque anyting can happen when u show up to da dance floor.

Question: does anyone know the highest value $wise a team has gone a season worth of IR and LTIR? Ive seen man-games lost, but im curious about $amount.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Imagine what $9.9M player we could have over the same time period? What a friggin waste of capspace (thank god we're tanking) bergy would be loading up at the TDL to make a run for Wild Card #2 - parceque anyting can happen when u show up to da dance floor.
Bergevin should have been a politician because he loved spending other people's money aimlessly.

Just went and watched it again. I remember that beauty goal but for some reason thought it was a SO goal instead.
That's because he had a carbon copy to win a shoot out.

Reactions: sheed36

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Bergevin should have been a politician because he loved spending other people's money aimlessly.

That's because he had a carbon copy to win a shoot out.
Yeah it's all coming back to me now.

This needing way more tank losses and the Habs not cooperating thing of late is getting a bit tiring and I'm forgetting things it seems. :)

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Hot take: Dach will be better than Suzuki

Not a slight against Suzuki, he's a beast. But Dach is a God.
Someone agrees with me ;)
Cj8j8IL.png

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
When do Armia and Gallagher come back to replace Belzile and RHP

Armia, Drouin & Monahan are all expected back immediately after All Star break.

Gallagher is long term, end of February.

I would guess after Ottawa series all of RHP, Pitlick, Ylonen & Belzile get assigned to Laval. Barron is staying up for sure.

We should have Suzuki, Dach, Monahan, Dvorak, Pezzetta, Armia, Drouin, Hoffman, Dadonov, Anderson all available after All Star break. That's 10 players. 2 will be recalled. I imagine RHP has earned a recall. Then one of Pitlick, Belzile & Ylonen will get called up with him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I really don't see anything there. Oh well, 2 more games then the break. Rest him again. Geezus....
Yeah, it doesn’t look major but appearances can be deceiving. Worst case scenario, if Hughes gets lowballed on Edmundson offers on account of missed games this year, keep him another season and hope he fares better next season.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Dach's beatdown of Copp, and RHP and his line had a great game...........those 3 guys should stay up, and the perimeter pansy Drouin, and Armia, and Dadonov, and Hoffman can all GTFO....

Reactions: rik schau

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
What's with the effort recently? I like it but it serves no purpose,just lowering draft odds,odd. Did Molson make a call or something to turn it up a bit or what? Where would they be if they had played like this all season,with the right roster?

Dach's beatdown of Copp, and RHP and his line had a great game...........those 3 guys should stay up, and the perimeter pansy Drouin, and Armia, and Dadonov, and Hoffman can all GTFO....
Nice to see Dach drop his mitts,puts those lingering questions about his wrist to bed.

Suzuki is basically our version of Dylan Larkin.. you can't expect too much pointwise, but he does a lot of good things not seen on the scoresheet.

He's our petfect 2C for a Cup Run in 3 years.
I expect more consistency from Nick.

Reactions: BLONG7

lombrek

Dec 23, 2022
I’m feeling this also.

I think Suzuki is going to be that guy you want in all situations, don’t get me wrong, but when you need a goal, expect Dach to be the guy.
Recensy bias at its finest.

You guys have already forgotten how clutch Suzuki had been since entering the league.

He was our #1C during our cup run in 2020, had the most goals and points out of everyone else.

Plus he’s still only 23 years old and only has 4 seasons under his belt. Not even in his prime yet.

Was even clutch and « the guy expected to score when you need a goal » in junior :

I hope Dach will become as good as you guys believe but IMO Nick is and will be « that guy » for us, along with Cole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad