Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Detroit in OT in ugly jerseys. RHP with 2!

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
RHP 2g 1a ,+3 , 3 shots, 4 hits, 3 blocked shots
Belzile 2a ,+2, 2 shots, 2 hits, FO: 8 wins 4 losses
Pezzetta 1g, 1a, +2, 2 shots, 8 hits

Might be the best performance from a 4th line ive EVER seen, it sure beats having drouins and armias there ffs..

Barron 18:30 TOI he's being given perfect amount
Xhekaj career high 19:46 TOI because of Eddy injury and honestly he shined, brought physicality AND puck moving / joining the rushes (had been avging 11 mins TOI last 6 games)

22 mins TOI for Dach WITH a 5 min Major for fighting lmao (Suzuki led team with 24:36)
20 mins for Hoffman is TOO MUCH Marty ... too much.. (but..keep doing it :laugh:)

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Recensy bias at its finest.

You guys have already forgotten how clutch Suzuki had been since entering the league.

He was our #1C during our cup run in 2020, had the most goals and points out of everyone else.

Plus he’s still only 23 years old and only has 4 seasons under his belt. Not even in his prime yet.

Was even clutch and « the guy expected to score when you need a goal » in junior :

I hope Dach will become as good as you guys believe but IMO Nick is and will be « that guy » for us, along with Cole.

The Dach love is getting out of hand. Dude will be a 2C at best

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't think anybody has forgotten what Suzuki can bring to this team. I think people are disappointed his progression has stagnated. He is definitely a player who needs something to play for and I thought he had that with his captaincy, a quest for PPG, and desire to help CC hit 40. Never mind that Caufield is done this season. Suzuki checked out a quarter of a season ago. I keep thinking he has to be injured but then he plays great in spurts. What Gives?

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Yeah because he's stopped progressing. :huh:
I don’t think he stop progressing, I don’t think he’s a good 2C yet. I’m aiming for Stanley cup championship teams. And he’s not there yet. In his prime he’s a 2C you can win with. His shot, perimeter play and defensive game is keeping him from being a star 1C

Reactions: themilosh

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't think anybody has forgotten what Suzuki can bring to this team. I think people are disappointed his progression has stagnated. He is definitely a player who needs something to play for and I thought he had that with his captaincy, a quest for PPG, and desire to help CC hit 40. Never mind that Caufield is done this season. Suzuki checked out a quarter of a season ago. I keep thinking he has to be injured but then he plays great in spurts. What Gives?
Suzuki has not checked out..............not a chance. The numbers have fallen off, but this kid has not checked out.

Guys who checked out, are Drouin, Dadonov, Gallagher, Armia, Hoffman, and Eddy............now that's checked out.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The Dach love is getting out of hand. Dude will be a 2C at best
Haven't watched the games recently, is what this tells me.
You could be right, but Dach has been playing very well recently, and back at 2C with suspect linemates each and every night................as this kid develops we are all going to be very happy, no matter where he lands in the Top 6

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Recensy bias at its finest.

You guys have already forgotten how clutch Suzuki had been since entering the league.

He was our #1C during our cup run in 2020, had the most goals and points out of everyone else.

Plus he’s still only 23 years old and only has 4 seasons under his belt. Not even in his prime yet.

Was even clutch and « the guy expected to score when you need a goal » in junior :

I hope Dach will become as good as you guys believe but IMO Nick is and will be « that guy » for us, along with Cole.

It's the most ridiculous thing. Especially with how he was the 2nd best player on the Stanley Cup Finalist at 21 years old. Everyone knows this isn't the real Suzuki, he's hurt and/or gassed playing so much. Dach is good and has been playing much better hockey than Suzuki in the past few games, but it's not even close on who's the better player.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
It's the most ridiculous thing. Especially with how he was the 2nd best player on the Stanley Cup Finalist at 21 years old. Everyone knows this isn't the real Suzuki, he's hurt and/or gassed playing so much. Dach is good and has been playing much better hockey than Suzuki in the past few games, but it's not even close on who's the better player.
He isn't yet, but he can/will be. Suzuki is Top10 good (well, 13th, but he'd definitely go Top 10 in a re-draft), but Dach is Top 3 good.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don’t think he stop progressing, I don’t think he’s a good 2C yet. I’m aiming for Stanley cup championship teams. And he’s not there yet. In his prime he’s a 2C you can win with. His shot, perimeter play and defensive game is keeping him from being a star 1C
Let me ask you this was he or was he not a 1C in junior and drafted as such by Chicago? Why would you make prognostications on a player who is literally still a baby? He's not a good 2C but he's carrying Hoffman and Dadonov on a shit team? I get it he's not Bedard but we aren't likely to get a center who will displace both Suzuki and Kirby Dach. What we can hope for is the balance/stability Boston got with Krejci and Bergeron. Let's revisit this in two years when we should be getting serious.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Suzuki has not checked out..............not a chance. The numbers have fallen off, but this kid has not checked out.

Guys who checked out, are Drouin, Dadonov, Gallagher, Armia, Hoffman, and Eddy............now that's checked out.
It's all relative. When I say checked out I mean he isn't putting his A game out there. The fact that he is talented will always keep him above those lesser players.

Reactions: Runner77 and BLONG7

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It's all relative. When I say checked out I mean he isn't putting his A game out there. The fact that he is talented will always keep him above those lesser players.
Every NHL season I have watched Suzuki he goes into a long funk. This year it appears to be longer. It won't get better without #22 to finish plays.
I wouldn't be surprised if Dach is the leading scorer when the season ends

Reactions: Walrus26 and Rapala

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Maybe we can call it struggling, with a longer season, instead of mailing it in? Especially when we have seen guys like Drouin do exactly that for 6 seasons now....Armia, Dadonov, Eddy, and so on....

Reactions: Rapala

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Next warmup, the whole team should come out sporting the Big Hat.

791f6s.jpg

791gbn.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad