Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Butt-Ugly jerseys and to the worst team in the league!

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Just saw the *highlights* :eyeroll:

It's gonna be a long 2nd half...

Blackwood is costing the Sharks Celebrini :faq:

AA1mQ28P.jpeg

Reactions: Runner77

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Robidas has no control ,why does he allow Matheson to completely ignore Slaf on the power play? Coaching staff is a slow burning tire fire.View attachment 801581
Robidas isn't in charge of the power play, you meant Burrows.

But they had Slaf practices pass reception + shot on the power play setup a few practices ago. It's look like Matheson is not executing here, but they also act like they can't put someone else there. Right now, I'm hoping it's all a plan to stat pad Matheson to raise his value and trade him before next season start.

But Matheson isn't the only one not executing, Evans is supposed to get off the ice after the faceoff in OT. It used to be Dvorak who was used for those faceoffs and he was getting off ASAP, but Evans is not doing it. I'm pretty sure all the time he was put with Dvorak for the faceoff instead of Slaf, he was also supposed to get off so Slaf could get in, but he wasn't.

The Habs's "winner/team first culture" is holding by a thread, they could rejoin the "loser club" mentally real fast.

Reactions: 1909 and Runner77

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Robidas isn't in charge of the power play, you meant Burrows.

But they had Slaf practices pass reception + shot on the power play setup a few practices ago. It's look like Matheson is not executing here, but they also act like they can't put someone else there. Right now, I'm hoping it's all a plan to stat pad Matheson to raise his value and trade him before next season start.

But Matheson isn't the only one not executing, Evans is supposed to get off the ice after the faceoff in OT. It used to be Dvorak who was used for those faceoffs and he was getting off ASAP, but Evans is not doing it. I'm pretty sure all the time he was put with Dvorak for the faceoff instead of Slaf, he was also supposed to get off so Slaf could get in, but he wasn't.

The Habs's "winner/team first culture" is holding by a thread, they could rejoin the "loser club" mentally real fast.
is he not in charge of his defenseman ? team simply has no consistent structure.

Reactions: 1909

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
I know I am beating a dead horse, but I can't wait for Matheson not to run the PP and go back to 17-18 mins per game.

I would dress hutson and go with 11 forwards EVEN if all he could do was run the PP.

It is a pleasure to watch that kid run the PP vs Mr. I never pass to the right, never walk the line, never move from my spot.

Reactions: Habs 4 Life

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I know I am beating a dead horse, but I can't wait for Matheson not to run the PP and go back to 17-18 mins per game.

I would dress hutson and go with 11 forwards EVEN if all he could do was run the PP.

It is a pleasure to watch that kid run the PP vs Mr. I never pass to the right, never walk the line, never move from my spot.
MSL should be giving some pp time to Barron instead of Matheson to be honest, I don't understand why Matheson is getting so many minutes, it's starting to get ridiculous. Even on the 3 vs 3, Barron and the way he plays is much more valuable IMO than a Matheson or Savard

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Since I subscribe to AHL TV I think I need to focus more on the prospects. Watching this rebuild in real-time is no longer worth it.

Reactions: Runner77

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
is he not in charge of his defenseman ? team simply has no consistent structure.
Robidas is in charge of the defense, but not in charge of the power play.

"No consistent structure" is usually the result of the players not giving a f*** and playing individualistic.

Reactions: 1909

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Robidas is in charge of the defense, but not in charge of the power play.

"No consistent structure" is usually the result of the players not giving a f*** and playing individualistic.
Or there’s a lot of inexperienced players on the roster who’re simply “trying to figure it out”…

IMO the veterans Gallagher, Monahan, Anderson line was the most effective last night, and kid line struggled. That’s all part of the rebuild process, the difference being the peak v valley for Sens, Buf et al are lot longer than what Habs have demonstrated so far.

Much ado about nothing, yes areas need to be worked upon at practice but most of the negativity I saw last night was a result of inexperience leading to lack of consistency, especially amongst kid line + young Dman

There’s too much overreaction amongst the fanbase from game to game vs looking from afar in 20-25GP trend packages.

Habs team is in the macro phase vs micro

Ask yourself if it’s completely inconceivable for this team to have another stellar effort vs Edm on Sat as they did last week vs NYR….answer is probably no

Consistency comes w experience

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Or there’s a lot of inexperienced players on the roster who’re simply “trying to figure it out”…

IMO the veterans Gallagher, Monahan, Anderson line was the most effective last night, and kid line struggled. That’s all part of the rebuild process, the difference being the peak v valley for Sens, Buf et al are lot longer than what Habs have demonstrated so far.

Much ado about nothing, yes areas need to be worked upon at practice but most of the negativity I saw last night was a result of inexperience leading to lack of consistency, especially amongst kid line + young Dman

There’s too much overreaction amongst the fanbase from game to game vs looking from afar in 20-25GP trend packages.

Habs team is in the macro phase vs micro

Ask yourself if it’s completely inconceivable for this team to have another stellar effort vs Edm on Sat as they did last week vs NYR….answer is probably no

Consistency comes w experience
Consistency also comes with an experienced /competent coaching staff.

Reactions: Tyson

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
I was at the game unfortunately:

-The player that impressed me the most is Struble. Apart from the massive brainfreeze on the 1st goal. Always well positioned.

-Despite all the hate he gets Mike Matheson is an amazing skater. By far the fastest on the team. Not the smartest but the offense goes through him.

-You guys have no idea how much lack of talent or skill there is on the team. Literally the least talented team in the league. San Jose is more skilled than the Habs. Difference is we play great as a team.

What I saw yesterday reaffirms what I keep repeating. We are 5-6 years away from being competitive.

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
-Despite all the hate he gets Mike Matheson is an amazing skater. By far the fastest on the team. Not the smartest but the offense goes through him.

He's frustrating because he makes so many bad decisions there's no doubt about it but he's also one of the few players on the team who's entertaining to watch IMO.

The hate kind of reminds me of the the hate PK was getting in his last year here. The team is bad so who cares, what's the point of trying to reel him in, let him try stuff and hopefully continue to pile up points and raise his value. He won't be here long term. He's going to be attractive to some team out there with the numbers he's putting up

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicko999

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Caufield malaise was blamed on Dom Dom, then he was a superstar because of MSL, now MSL is incompetent.

Like 1st round picks, coaching at NHL is very overrated, the margin between good & not so good is very slim… just like the parity in the league itself when you water it down with 32-teams

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Our ire needs to be directed toward the Canes jerseys, my man.
Why not simply put it that way from the get-go?

I don’t do « dumb » and neither do you, based on your posting history.

I had .2 seconds to come up with a title instead of the usual « Habs lose ». Attempts at levity are a roll of the dice — sometimes they work and when they don’t, one falls short. Can’t please everyone and clearly my goal was not to offend anyone.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Why not simply put it that way from the get-go?

I don’t do « dumb » and neither do you, based on your posting history.

I had .2 seconds to come up with a title instead of the usual « Habs lose ». Attempts at levity are a roll of the dice — sometimes they work and when they don’t, one falls short. Can’t please everyone and clearly my goal was not to offend anyone.

I didn't think my comment would be taken that seriously, either.

Jul 6, 2016
This team has been darn awful in three of the last four games - Buffalo, Philly and SJ. Two home games on top of that. Three beatable teams. Since the beginning of the season, they had been overshot and overworked by most teams they met.

MSL has now two half seasons + one full season under his belt as head coach. And the team seems about the same since his 1st game. Not ready to play. Unable to keep a lead. Disorganized offensively and defensively. Bad PP and awful PK. Injuries should not be the main excuse anymore.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Are you actually whining and complaining about boring hockey when under the great MB the highest point total in a season was 67? Suzuki just had a 66 point season. MB's time as GM will be forever remembered as the "1-0, 2-1, please God don't make us score a third goal" era.
It’s way funner to watch a hockey team than a guaranteed lost.
I couldn’t care less what individual heights players reach

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
I was at the game unfortunately:

-The player that impressed me the most is Struble. Apart from the massive brainfreeze on the 1st goal. Always well positioned.

-You guys have no idea how much lack of talent or skill there is on the team. Literally the least talented team in the league. San Jose is more skilled than the Habs. Difference is we play great as a team.

What I saw yesterday reaffirms what I keep repeating. We are 5-6 years away from being competitive.
You’re right . We didn’t touch the puck in the 2nd period of that game …. Against the worst team in the league.

We lack talent for sure. It is what happen when you have 20m$+ invested in character players like Gallagher , Anderson, Dvorak, Armia. Thanks to MB.

He choose to keep and pay so well those players instead of Lehkonen (Armia), KK (Dvorak), Danault (Gallagher).

Thanks to MB, it will take 6 years total, like you said , to get out of this mess . We are at year 2….

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
And there it is. I waited a day before coming here to fell that out. I had my doubts at the beginning when they hired Marty straight out of Junior B hockey to be the head coach of an NHL team...never was sold on Burrows either straight from playing basically to coaching? Even our GM has no GM experience (but I will let that one slide for now since he has great experience with contracts and players etc...for now).

You pair that with rookies at all positions basically and you have an AHL team and not a great one either. The real question is how long before they realize that having rookie coaching staff try and nurture along a team FULL of rookies is not a great idea?

Time will tell I suppose, hopefully it isn't to late for the young kids by then. And by the way, I am all good with rookie NHL coaches but can we at least have some prior pedigree/experience coaching professional level teams? I mean it is only the most storied franchise in hockey....

Until next time friends!

Yoor.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
And there it is. I waited a day before coming here to fell that out. I had my doubts at the beginning when they hired Marty straight out of Junior B hockey to be the head coach of an NHL team...never was sold on Burrows either straight from playing basically to coaching? Even our GM has no GM experience (but I will let that one slide for now since he has great experience with contracts and players etc...for now).

You pair that with rookies at all positions basically and you have an AHL team and not a great one either. The real question is how long before they realize that having rookie coaching staff try and nurture along a team FULL of rookies is not a great idea?

Time will tell I suppose, hopefully it isn't to late for the young kids by then. And by the way, I am all good with rookie NHL coaches but can we at least have some prior pedigree/experience coaching professional level teams? I mean it is only the most storied franchise in hockey....

Until next time friends!

Yoor.
The more I watch MSL the more I think he is not long for this job. I am just not impressed.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I’m sure other coaches would have far more success with this roster, almost inarguably the second worst in the league.

Reactions: Shred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad