Post-Game Talk: Habs lose the battle of the backup-backups against the Senators

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Does Dach still have diarrhea?
I had that nasty stomach flu, puking and craping, lost 9 lbs in two days. Had to call paramedics after the first 7 hrs. I was so dehydrated I was on the verge of passing out for about three hours. Low blood pressure, terrible cramps, sweats, and tingling limbs. Thank God for IV and the meds they pumped into me. Took over two weeks to fully get over it.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
I had that nasty stomach flu, puking and craping, lost 9 lbs in two days. Had to call paramedics after the first 7 hrs. I was so dehydrated I was on the verge of passing out for about three hours. Low blood pressure, terrible cramps, sweats, and tingling limbs. Thank God for IV and the meds they pumped into me. Took over two weeks to fully get over it.
Do you have a lower body injury ?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
THat sounds about right... If I recall this correctly our intestines carry about 7-10 lbs of crap at any given time. Hope you're alright now.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Takeaways from being at the game tonight:

1) I’m shocked how many people bought those baby blue jerseys.

2) Ref Justin St-Pierre looks like Joe Rogan with hair.

3) Nick Suzuki is this entire team.

4) Brady Tkachuk looks just as much like the Mad Magazine kid in-person.

Attachments

• QuebecMAD.jpg
    QuebecMAD.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Walrus26

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So sorry to read that. Glad you got over it.

A healthy man wants many things. A sick man, only wants one thing. I keep thinking about that all the time and count my blessings.

Keep well.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
The tank is back on baby, hell yeah. I just went on Tankathon and rolled once and guess what Bedard is still on the menu.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
The worst part of this defeat is that the Sens were poor and really dull to watch. They HAD done their homework though, as evidenced by their gameplan of basically going low to high and looking for screens and tips - our current lineup couldn't clear a crease with a steam iron.

Reactions: Runner77

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
The worst part of this defeat is that the Sens were poor and really dull to watch. They HAD done their homework though, as evidenced by their gameplan of basically going low to high and looking for screens and tips - our current lineup couldn't clear a crease with a steam iron.
True, but don't forget Matheson is a GREAT skater as we are told a million times on the broadcast.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
For the first time in my life (I'm 34), I'm starting to lose interest in watching. All the injuries are deflating. Of all the talent I wanted to see this year, only Suzuki is still going (Caufield, Slafkovsky, Guhle, Xhekaj, Monahan - the main reasons to watch).

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
For the first time in my life (I'm 34), I'm starting to lose interest in watching. All the injuries are deflating. Of all the talent I wanted to see this year, only Suzuki is still going (Caufield, Slafkovsky, Guhle, Xhekaj, Monahan - the main reasons to watch).
I’ve felt this was all year. Just can’t get up for games at all. The injuries to the kids just made it worse. We needed to rebuild properly and I’m all for it, but man has it been a brutal two years in every way imaginable. Didn’t help that the first overall we got as a consolation price for sucking came in a year where 5 guys were playing musical chairs to be selected first overall.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Womp womp.

Ullmark has more goals than Drouin this year and makes 500k less. Crazy!

Slick Nick scored a beauty and so did Matheson.

That's about it.
Drouin was 3 under par again tonight..............his buddy Hoffman also tied for the lead at -3
And outta nowhere, a rookie Ylonen also, at -3 under par.....
Great game for the tank.

When Gomez went a year without a goal, there was much to be said.............but there is no meter to track JD and his scoring prowess?
The end is near folks....

I saw Saku Koivu and Anaheim there years ago. Great venue, great atmosphere
The Bell Centre used to be a great spot to go to a game...............and then Mol$on bought the team and hired Bergevin, and well, here they are....

Reactions: Tyson and Runner77

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

I’ve felt this was all year. Just can’t get up for games at all. The injuries to the kids just made it worse. We needed to rebuild properly and I’m all for it, but man has it been a brutal two years in every way imaginable. Didn’t help that the first overall we got as a consolation price for sucking came in a year where 5 guys were playing musical chairs to be selected first overall.
I hate complaining, but the truth is I feel the same. The first couple of months were cool, with the new-look Habs featuring Suzuki and Caufield on a tear, a bunch of rookies playing D, and a revitalized Monahan. One by one, almost every player worth watching has disappeared, as has my interest. Plus, my girlfriend has no interest in hockey and no network TV, so if I'm there I can only grab a few moments watching on my phone. Hockey talk on this board is more satisfying than the actual hockey.

Assuming we get a good pick or two this summer and our cast of characters is healthy by September, I'm hoping next year's show is better.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad