Post-Game Talk: Habs lose big to the other Florida team

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Arber Xhekaj?
lol nope he’s a normal hockey player now with a diverse skill set. If he stood up for no-one in the last 2 games, which were 3+ goal games in a meaningless game where guys got run there are literally no “context” where he is an enforcer anymore. Happy for him, it must hurt to take punches I figure. I’m thinking team.

Reactions: Mrb1p

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
lol nope he’s a normal hockey player now with a diverse skill set. If he stood up for no-one in the last 2 games, which were 3+ goal games in a meaningless game where guys got run there are literally no “context” where he is an enforcer anymore. Happy for him, it must hurt to take punches I figure. I’m thinking team.
I agree that we should acquire someone to lessen the load. But when is the last time he fought? I think last night after the Guhle hit would have been a good time.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I agree that we should acquire someone to lessen the load. But when is the last time he fought? I think last night after the Guhle hit would have been a good time.
It’ll have to be a winger so being thrown from a game won’t matter. I don’t expect Arber will keep his spot ahead of upcoming lhd anyway; He’s actually one kid I’d trade in a heart beat at the draft or something since his “marketing” value is probably the highest it’ll ever be. Or he’ll get phased out anyway.

I can watch the habs lose, get outplayed by older, better, more experienced players, but goons watching temmates get run in blowouts I just get angry, then completely disinterested.

Reactions: hvac412

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Arber Xhekaj?
Arber Xhekaj should be used as our Atomic Bomb. We need someone else to take up the fight with the riff raff.
Xhekaj has to learn how to use his nastiness as a deterrent as opposed to taking on any POS that comes across his path.
I've seen a zillion games over the years and the best of the nasty Dmen always get away with more because they also play the game really well.
It takes a good 4-5 years of to build up creds with the officials.
Stuff like Arber neutralizing two players in scrums gets noticed and appreciated by the officials.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Arber Xhekaj should be used as our Atomic Bomb. We need someone else to take up the fight with the riff raff.
Xhekaj has to learn how to use his nastiness as a deterrent as opposed to taking on any POS that comes across his path.
I've seen a zillion games over the years and the best of the nasty Dmen always get away with more because they also play the game really well.
It takes a good 4-5 years of to build up creds with the officials.
Stuff like Arber neutralizing two players in scrums gets noticed and appreciated by the officials.
Very happy for his new career as a linesman.

Reactions: Habs13

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
You’re not alone in that.

No pushback from teammates. Not saying that they should have done something as extreme as trying to take Kucherov out (like the tweet below suggests), but do something to stick up for your teammate.

Someone should’ve been Darren McCarty/Claude Lemieux’ing rag-dolling him at centre ice. If Marty hasn’t neutered them then Anderson, WiFi, Pezz need to sit in the press box. Hell Whites done SFA since joining the team, could’ve made himself useful and took one for the team.

When the biggest hit on a Lightning player was friendly fire we are in Maple Leaf territory for softness

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
We'll see on Sunday when we face the Rags and their resident idiot Rempe. The likelihood of him running one of our guys is high because he's a pos. If he does and X doesn't respond (because u know he would've jumped him in a second last year), then he's either been neutered or is playing with an injury.

Reactions: Rozz and Mrb1p

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Love MSL trying to pull the goalie with all that time left to win a game we needed to lose, very smart. It's as if we are fighting for a playoff spot and not to get a better draft pick, mind boggling.
Perhaps, they realize that after Celibrini, there's very little difference in picks 2 thru 10.

I may be in the minority here, but I like that they competed to the end. As they have so since almost the beginning of the season. This is a team that is evidencing a will to win that holds hope for the future. I wouldn't hold them back for a second.

As the great Lawrence Taylor once said: We've got to play like a pack of wild dogs. That's the way we should play. No restraint. What do we have to lose? Pull our goalie with 5 minutes to go? Love it.

Send a message to the league: that Montreal is no longer a trap game. You better come ready to play. Because we are.

Enough of this loser/tank crap.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Montreal should thank their lucky stars they got Tampa on a back to back and were saving themselves for the playoffs or else it could have been that much more of an embarrassing of loss than it already was. As humiliating of a loss as it was, no doubt the super tankers were orgasmic. lol

Reactions: habbubba

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I may be in the minority here, but I like that they competed to the end. As they have so since almost the beginning of the season. This is a team that is evidencing a will to win that holds hope for the future. I wouldn't hold them back for a second.

As the great Lawrence Taylor once said: We've got to play like a pack of wild dogs. That's the way we should play. No restraint. What do we have to lose? Pull our goalie with 5 minutes to go? Love it.

Did we watch the same game? They looked like a pack of domesticated fat inus for 40 minutes. Didn't watch the 3rd so I'll take your word for it.

1000002766.jpg

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Or instead of literally trading everybody that’s playing well we could create a winning culture instead of an indefinite rebuild. The rebuild is pretty much over. Now we need the young kids from the A and on the big club to develop. Draft some forwards that have a scoring touch this year and pray. The table is set. Maybe sign a scorer and then let the D develop. Trading Armia for a 100000000th pick doesn’t mean shit

Yeah as I said in another post, valuable for a playoff push or at the TDL, depending where we’re at.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Habs need a intimidating forward on the 4th line, Pezzetta isn't the solution.

They could beef up their 4th line for sure, but trying to be tough around the edges never worked for the Leafs and it's not how teams win the cup.

We need toughness throughout the lineup. You don't need every player in the top 6 and top 4 but you need enough there cause they're the ones on the ice imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad