Post-Game Talk: Habs lose big to the other Florida team

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Habs need a intimidating forward on the 4th line, Pezzetta isn't the solution.
Tonight might be my last game trying to watch this season if more guys get run and the burger king pacifist + his wannabe avenger friend here dance around like they’ve made it too big to do the job they were dressed for.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The third line is not much better. And some remain fixated on Matheson’s gaffs as one of the primary reasons for the team’s continuing woes.
You are right we are a very poorly constructed team.; Mike Matheson however makes himself an easy target with his impeccable timing. :laugh:
Funny enough for all his points it's actually plays breaking down in and around him on offense that seem to give the most offense.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
You are right we are a very poorly constructed team.; Mike Matheson however makes himself an easy target with his impeccable timing. :laugh:
Funny enough for all his points it's actually plays breaking down in and around him on offense that seem to give the most offense.
That’s what a rebuild is, waiting on pipeline to gain experience & start penetrating the NHL roster to allow for proper roster construction

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I figure Matheson will be a good asset at 5v5 next year, his decision making is too poor for special units. Too bad, he’s got a sick skillset. Can’t wait for that Hutson kid.

That’s what a rebuild is, waiting on pipeline to gain experience & start penetrating the NHL roster to allow for proper roster construction
I watched the pipeline a bit last night, he was wearing goalie pads.

Gonna take a busy summer from the gm oof.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
That pipeline includes Dach, off season NHL ready F acquisition, top-6 pick, Hutson, Rienbacher. Beck, Tuch…

Not one of those is in the AHL
I forget about Dach, good reminder.

Future draft picks and trades are pretty much where any hopes lie at this point beyond him up front so I think we agree. ( edit - perpetual hab land with nothing there I could not say about the other 31 teams).

I don’t see any D there that moves the needle beyond the current bottom-feeding roster except (fingers crossed) Hutson.

Bech, Tuch and the gang sound like good cheap jersey fillers at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: WeThreeKings

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
One has to remember who and what he has to work with. As I have pointed out, the fact that we are competitive (over 40 one goal games) is due to the thin level of highly skilled players we have on this, as you correctly point out, poorly constructed team, which Matheson is among.

Its ludicrous to continually harp on Matheson's shortcomings when against Tampa, Gallagher was centering our second power play unit. Cooper must have been laughing when he watched us roll out that intimidating unit. I was. Such is the state of this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad