Post-Game Talk: Habs lose and wings stay alive

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Good for Slaf. He needs someone in the league to go toe to toe with him. I like Seider's play. Freaking insane player and Slaf did win his board battles with Seider but then paid the price physically too. He'll look forward to it tomorrow again.

I think Dach also has an on-going beef with Seider dating to hiw Hawks days. I agree that it will be interesting to watch how Slaf adjusts tomorrow.

Reactions: Jabba11

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I couldn't watch the third. Did Habs completely mail it in? Or did Wings wake up and actually took it to them with all their might? What happened?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Im no vegatarion but I do think trophy hunters like that sicko who tortured a wolf, brought it to a bar and then ran it over have a special place in hell but killing octopuses a creature that is highly intelligent and capable of complex emotions is right up there with people who eat shark fin soup.
This calls for a new age transformer who will protect octupi from flinging Wingnuts.

Introducing ... :sarcasm:

z5PTZMJ.gif

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
  • Haha
Reactions: Habs10Habs and Rozz

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I've seen him do that dozens of times from @montreal 's videos. I'm quite glad to see that he's not afraid to play his game against the big boys.
There seems to be a little hesitation by Savard just as Hutson is skating by him -- he's not sure what Hutson is trying to do but of course, he saw an opening on the right side and knew he could exploit it. A brilliant piece of playmaking.

Reactions: Habs10Habs and Rozz

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Against playoff-watch teams, Habs won’t get the calls ever. Nothing new. When we were the ones in that seat, we would get the calls against non-playoff teams. Refs don’t want to influence the outcome of those games. Lots of money involved for the teams.
Shame that "not influencing" the game is actually completely influencing it

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
Quite obvious to me that the Habs largest weakness has not been at forward the whole season. It's the D. Our D just can't play D. There's basically only Savard that can actually defend.

I also don't know wtf Dvorak was doing on the 4th goal there. Gave Raymond all the time in the world to score.

That's multiple 3 goal leads the Habs squander like this. They were completely flat in the third. Just let the Wings dictate the pace of the game. Just can't do this.
Hudson didn't look out of place too. So that was nice.

Our 4th line is also ass. Blow it up.

Should have def lost this in regular time. What's the point of going to OT if you're not gonna bother anyways. Only Hudson tried anything.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Hutson did the right play on the OT loss play. He went for the goal. Nothing wrong with that. This kid is gonna be a nightmare matchup for the opposing defence and goaltenders.
I agree with you it was the right play.
But it's funny how the narrative changes had Matheson done the same play.😆

I liked what I saw from Hutson. Definitely sky high potential.

• Haha
Reactions: Jabba11 and BLONG7

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What? He made atleast 10 key saves through traffic to keep them in it.
wow...surely the only goalie in this league that has been able to do that. Oh and that 10 number you gave me....jsut based on nothing. All great to come up with a even number, it doesn't make it more right. He could have done more. And lately...his play is concerning.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Quite obvious to me that the Habs largest weakness has not been at forward the whole season. It's the D. Our D just can't play D. There's basically only Savard that can actually defend.

I also don't know wtf Dvorak was doing on the 4th goal there. Gave Raymond all the time in the world to score.

That's multiple 3 goal leads the Habs squander like this. They were completely flat in the third. Just let the Wings dictate the pace of the game. Just can't do this.
Hudson didn't look out of place too. So that was nice.

Our 4th line is also ass. Blow it up.

Should have def lost this in regular time. What's the point of going to OT if you're not gonna bother anyways. Only Hudson tried anything.

The reality is before last game that the bulk of the current roster is not likely to be here when this team is hopefully a contender. It takes longer to develop blueliners then forwards so that's why I think we could be looking at years before contending because it's likely going to take some before all these young D find their way in the NHL.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
It’s actually a great idea, we should have done this more often !

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Hutson has already convinced me he's ready. I would try and move Harris, and leave Mailloux in AHL for another year to work on his defensive game. Reinbacher in AHL too.

Start with 8D:

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Barron
Struble-Kovacevic
With all the excitement about our deep D pool, the forgotten prospect in all of this is Engstrom who iirc had a good showing at this year's camp. I don't know much about contracts, eligibility etc. but, is he eligible to play for the Rocket next year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad