Post-Game Talk: Habs lose again in OT

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
We probably have the worst “top” 3 players in the entire league so it makes sense that we completely suck in 3v3, however, I’m sure we’d have much better chances if the coach were to actually use the right players and not slow pylons like chiarot and armia or zero offense players like Byron and Danault.
Can't disagree.
They would lose most of the time.....instead of all the time.

Reactions: Pacciosoftie

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't think he's an Interim...At most, they aren't jumping the gun, but pretty sure the job is his unless he shits the bed.
He is using his veterans because he's the new guy coming in and you don't walk into the room guns blazing flipping shit upside down.
Interim or not, you need the veterans on your side.

To have veterans on your side is also to make sure that you make them understand that the team needs to win. Not their ego. I would believe that veterans and real team players would buy into a system of putting the best team on the ice. Or they are not as solid veterans and we hope they are.

And what's shitting the bed for Ducharme? Losing? Isn't that on Bergevin now? After building and destryoing the house 3-4 times now rinse and repeat...will Ducharme really pay for not making the playoffs???

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
To have veterans on your side is also to make sure that you make them understand that the team needs to win. Not their ego. I would believe that veterans and real team players would buy into a system of putting the best team on the ice. Or they are not as solid veterans and we hope they are.

And what's shitting the bed for Ducharme? Losing? Isn't that on Bergevin now? After building and destryoing the house 3-4 times now rinse and repeat...will Ducharme really pay for not making the playoffs???
Sure, I agree with that, just saying there's a way to go about it. He's also a rookie coach so he doesn't have a track record veterans can respond to either.

You know I've been on the fire Bergevin wagon since 2015...it was already very clear by then that he does not have the vision it takes to build a contending team.

Reactions: Whitesnake

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Does Chiarot own dirt on the coaching stuff or something? The fact he consistently gets OT minutes and top pairing minutes is mindboggling since he hasn't warranted it with his play. OT for example makes zero sense to play him. He isn't mobile or fast or skilled offensively. Put Petry or Romanov or just roll 3 forwards.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Ducharme's contract ends this year, he wasn't extended when given the head coach title.

If Bergevin gets fired at the end of the season, the next GM might keep Ducharme. But new GMs usually brings their own head coach, so expect more recycling and dinosaur coaching next year if Molson isn't happy about the Habs performance this year...

I have zero hope that the person picked as GM after Bergevin is going to be an improvement. This team needs to go into rebuilding mode: play the kids, ditch the vets and start caring about running first instead of just thinking about reaching the end of the race. I'm 100% sure the next GM will just sell the farm to try to win now, like every GMs have done until Bergevin ran out of things to sell and was forced to start rebuilding the farm 3 year ago.

Reactions: Whitesnake

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Patches from Stone and Petrangelo.
Knights win in OT

Now that's a 3 on 3 attack.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Does Chiarot own dirt on the coaching stuff or something? The fact he consistently gets OT minutes and top pairing minutes is mindboggling since he hasn't warranted it with his play. OT for example makes zero sense to play him. He isn't mobile or fast or skilled offensively. Put Petry or Romanov or just roll 3 forwards.

My theory: Marc Bergevin

His additions, outside of drafting, seem to get the favor treatment. The only exceptions are Price and Gally.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
1.Tatar
2.Gallagher
3.Suzuki

Now put your top 3 against the top 3 on the other 30 teams .

Then list where the Habs fit in order of best top 3 down to worst top 3. o_O

Uh Yea, .............. thats what Julien and DD deal with at the end of every tie game. :eek:

I'd really like to know what you are basing our top three players on? This is not our top three in my books. Petry is definitely one of my top three on this club. But I do get where you are coming from because I was never over the moon with him.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Look at most of the shots! Feeble and not dangerous, few quality slot chances.:pullhair:
Some of us have been arguing this point for more than one season when heat maps get shoved under our noses to tell us differently. When analytics don't tell the story of what is right in front of you you have to assume they are what I call crap stats. I'm not questioning their usefulness as a tool but I do question the crowd that are convinced they are the be all and end all. I really question data entry because feebleness should negate a mark IMO.

Reactions: angusyoung

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I'd really like to know what you are basing our top three players on? This is not our top three in my books. Petry is definitely one of my top three on this club. But I do get where you are coming from because I was never over the moon with him.
On the very post I replied to where these players were listed as "the top 3" for 3 on 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapala

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
On the very post I replied to where this players were listed as "the top 3" for 3 on 3.

I mean, those were the first three players I listed, but I also wrote right before that 'in no particular order'... It's more that I listed a 'top 9' players for 3 on 3 and those three were the first I listed, which in no way means I think those three are the best.

Reactions: Rapala

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I mean, those were the first three players I listed, but I also wrote right before that 'in no particular order'... It's more that I listed a 'top 9' players for 3 on 3 and those three were the first I listed, which in no way means I think those three are the best.
Any 3 of any of 9 in any order ,
Pale in comparison to most all other clubs top 3.
Even after a night of bar hopping drinking Habs Kool that can't be disputed successfully
cheers

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Ducharme's contract ends this year, he wasn't extended when given the head coach title.

If Bergevin gets fired at the end of the season, the next GM might keep Ducharme. But new GMs usually brings their own head coach, so expect more recycling and dinosaur coaching next year if Molson isn't happy about the Habs performance this year...

I have zero hope that the person picked as GM after Bergevin is going to be an improvement. This team needs to go into rebuilding mode: play the kids, ditch the vets and start caring about running first instead of just thinking about reaching the end of the race. I'm 100% sure the next GM will just sell the farm to try to win now, like every GMs have done until Bergevin ran out of things to sell and was forced to start rebuilding the farm 3 year ago.
Bergevin has been in over his head.
His best season was his second season. When all the players acquired by the last GM won two rounds. His rosters has won one round since then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad