Post-Game Talk: Habs lose a gritty game against the Flyers

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I salute you commander. Job well done.

All in All it was a very classy gesture giving him a start in Philly. Stuff like this gets noticed by players. I'm not sure what the furture holds for Primeau but I do like the little things our management group are taking care of. Attention to detail off the ice demands attention to detail on the ice.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It's one game and he didn't get to practice with the team. I'd like to see what he does after a few games, he needs to acclimate before we can get a good idea.
Giving him a real C would be a huge help too......................Drou goes out to the wing and there is no one in the middle of the ice for the habs....the guy has zero clue what to do as a C...............

Reactions: Runner77

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
One / first NHL game is much too early to come to conclusions on anything.

General observations:

Farrell looked like a real midget amongst men last night - got bounced around quite a bit in high danger areas. Probably best served to get a half season of reps down in Laval to re-evaluate. As expected his board play is a weakness, but that’s what development time is there to help address

• Wow

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
One / first NHL game is much too early to come to conclusions on anything.

General observations:

Farrell looked like a real midget amongst men last night - got bounced around quite a bit in high danger areas. Probably best served to get a half season of reps down in Laval to re-evaluate. As expected his board play is a weakness, but that’s what development time is there to help address
It certainly looks like he would benefit from playing in the AHL for a year.
NCAA to pro is a jump for some.
Thought he did ok last night, but just ok. MSL had good things to say....

JT3

May 27, 2013
Seen enough of Gurianov.....pass .
I agree honestly. Armia 2.0. Does something nice every once in a while but otherwise is a total ghost. We have too many players in the mix as it is, I'd rather allocate the cap to another Monahan style move for assets.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It certainly looks like he would benefit from playing in the AHL for a year.
NCAA to pro is a jump for some.
Thought he did ok last night, but just ok. MSL had good things to say....
I want to see him with Dach before I am ready to say that. Every shift that line was on we were stuck in our zone, the kid was forced to be looking back at his goalie from the boards while Drouin was figuring out where he should be and Gurianov was in the same situation. Playing center in the NHL is very tough and it takes a certain skill that Drouin does not possess. That line had no flow, no coordinated breakout, it had nothing. MSL should have given Farrell a few shifts with Suzuki, it's not like we are trying to make the playoffs.

I thought his skating was quick rather than fast. Something to build on as gets stronger.
He didn't really get a shot to show anything playing with Drouin, it was survival mode all night.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I want to see him with Dach before I am ready to say that. Every shift that line was on we were stuck in our zone, the kid was forced to be looking back at his goalie from the boards while Drouin was figuring out where he should be and Gurianov was in the same situation. Playing center in the NHL is very tough and it takes a certain skill that Drouin does not possess. That line had no flow, no coordinated breakout, it had nothing. MSL should have given Farrell a few shifts with Suzuki, it's not like we are trying to make the playoffs.

He didn't really get a shot to show anything playing with Drouin, it was survival mode all night.
Let's hope the kid plays vs FLA tomorrow night, on a different line........poor Drou is lost these days.

• Haha
Reactions: OldCraig71

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
@Runner77 Everyone still watching games are taking a flyer. Watching Habs isn't worth my time.

So I did bolt out 2 months ago

Summary of Habs season so far:

3c16f07a6dfc38ef4db6359b46baf42d.gif

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I was 100% sure the gaffe was going to be by Hoffman not Matheson.
After playing 30 minutes the night before, Matheson showed that he is indeed mortal. He will be a key player for us going forward. Hopefully with Guhle returning next year, MSL won’t have to play Matheson as much.

Still one of our best trades over the past three decades.

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Drouin has 20 pts in his last 26 games...
24 of those games he was on the wing.......................
He has no idea how to play C Did you actually watch Drou last night? Pathetic.....

Would it be ok to mention he has two goals in his last what? 60 games?
He has zero PP goals in over 3 calendar years? And he has been a minus hockey player for 6 years with the habs....let's not cherry pick here, it does not serve anyone well.
It was a terrible decision to put him at C with a kid like Farrell for his first game....

The End is Near................

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
24 of those games he was on the wing.......................
He has no idea how to play C Did you actually watch Drou last night? Pathetic.....

Would it be ok to mention he has two goals in his last what? 60 games?
He has zero PP goals in over 3 calendar years? And he has been a minus hockey player for 6 years with the habs....let's not cherry pick here, it does not serve anyone well.
It was a terrible decision to put him at C with a kid like Farrell for his first game....

The End is Near................

Drouin has been playing center for like the last 20 games.
You're literally the one cherry-picking here. What does the last 6 years or 3 calendar years have to do with anything? Drouin has been one of the most productive players on the habs in the past several weeks. Farrell should be playing with good offensive talent, and Drouin is that.

Reactions: 1909

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Drouin has been playing center for like the last 20 games.
You're literally the one cherry-picking here. What does the last 6 years or 3 calendar years have to do with anything? Drouin has been one of the most productive players on the habs in the past several weeks. Farrell should be playing with good offensive talent, and Drouin is that.
LOL...........................ok if you say so.
6 years
20 games ( And he hasn't been ) Drou is a winger....taking a few face offs eh....he's a C now? LOL
I don't think you know what cherry picking is.....................
Cheers man....

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I expect rds/tva media to start ripping the team/management if we struggle heavily next year, sad stuff
If they do, it’s only out of self-interest. When the Habs are not vying for the playoffs, it hurts their bottom line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad