Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 6-2 to Florida

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Post Gorton.

Reaves was acquired at the end of July 2021 whereas the Rags had fired Gorton on May 5th, 2021.

What’s of greater interest is how up to that point, Gorton had built a team of soft players, all the more exposed when Tom Wilson annihilated Panarin. Hopefully, he learned something from it, for our sake.
Allow me to remain rather skeptical. Sigh.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
MSL - « Je suis content qu'on se soit tenus ensemble »

He clearly watched a different game then the rest of us. Which means, if one to believe his words, that Eddy and Anderson did just fine last night.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
MSL - « Je suis content qu'on se soit tenus ensemble »

He clearly watched a different game then the rest of us. Which means, if one to believe his words, that Eddy and Anderson did just fine last night.
That's the #1 thing I took away from this game, the lack of willingness and leadership from this team.
Power Forwards like Wilson, Benn and Anderson are rare but Anderson is losing that reputation. He gets jostled around after whistles, players face washing him...no pushback. WTF

That's the #1 thing I took away from this game, the lack of willingness and leadership from this team.
Power Forwards like Wilson, Benn and Anderson are rare but Anderson is losing that reputation. He gets jostled around after whistles, players face washing him...no pushback. WTF
I can't picture Wilson or Benn sitting idly by if they had played last night.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Honestly I thought the Matheson hit was dirty... but Staal is also very dirty and should protect himself.

In terms of toughness, I thought the Habs actually stood up for themselves quite well. Obviously Eddy & Andy were a bit MIA... but overall the team did stand up to those goons.

On another note... and more importantly... f*** those lame Cats... I'm glad we have their first and that Zito is a moron. That team is just dirty and dumb, I'm looking forward to watching them fail.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Man Tremblay and Brunet had it out for Ylonen last night. Still trying to figure out their animosity towards a player who just played his 20th NHL game.
He played well, set up a goal. Was he suppose to fight too?
They are both morons so who cares what they have to say. Of all people, Tremblay is the last one to provide any opinion on anyone.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Honestly I thought the Matheson hit was dirty... but Staal is also very dirty and should protect himself.

In terms of toughness, I thought the Habs actually stood up for themselves quite well. Obviously Eddy & Andy were a bit MIA... but overall the team did stand up to those goons.

On another note... and more importantly... f*** those lame Cats... I'm glad we have their first and that Zito is a moron. That team is just dirty and dumb, I'm looking forward to watching them fail.
Hating the Panthers became so easy for me when they added those 2 scumbags, Tkachuk and Maurice.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Anderson and Edmundson have just checked out, the seasons a write-off and their names are consistently in trade rumours so not surprised they don't seem to give a shit.

Hard to expect some veterans to go out and lay everything out when our GM said a couple days ago that he doesn't want to win too much and hurt our draft pick.

Hating the Panthers became so easy for me when they added those 2 scumbags, Tkachuk and Maurice.

And also a piece of shit assistant in Lefebrve.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Anderson and Edmundson have just checked out, the seasons a write-off and their names are consistently in trade rumours so not surprised they don't seem to give a shit.

Hard to expect some veterans to go out and lay everything out when our GM said a couple days ago that he doesn't want to win too much and hurt our draft pick.

And also a piece of shit assistant in Lefebrve.
Anderson and Eddy are surely giving me 2021-2022 Petry vibes I.e don't care anymore and just doing their time until they get traded.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I mean I am skeptical on whether Gorton learned from it. I don't doubt the facts about trades.
Wish there were a direct quote (don’t think he’s spoken to it while acting in a Habs capacity).

Maybe someone might ask him next time instead of the usual “how do you feel about the job you’re in and is it what you expected” BS type questions.

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Wish there were a direct quote (don’t think he’s spoken to it while acting in a Habs capacity).

Maybe someone might ask him next time instead of the usual “how do you feel about the job you’re in and is it what you expected” BS type questions.
It would require someone with balls... like Jessica Rusnak. The rest of the Habs press corps are balls-less.

Reactions: Runner77

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Dach got no point yesterday but should have at least 2 assists. Great game from Dach against Florida. He show skill, great hands, great passing ability, great hockey IQ and defensive play.

He can shoot too, this guy will be a really good player for many years to come. I think he have 1st line potential in him. It's a 100% sure that he is going to be a solid top 6 for Habs.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
I will say this - to me it's pretty inexcusable that you're a veteran tough guy in this league, with huge size, with tons of fighting majors, playing in a lost season, getting run out of your own rink in a blowout game by some cheapshot artists... And you decide that you're not going to get involved physically, but you're willing to let your (arguably) number one defenseman fight Tkachuk, and a rookie (albeit a very tough one) fight?

And when I say "not get involved physically," I mean just that.... ZERO HITS between Edmundson and Anderson combined, with 18:43 and 17:42 in ice time respectively. ZERO. HITS.

Nick Suzuki had 2 hits. All 5'9 of Rafael Harvey-Pinard had 3. Anderson and Edmundson had ZERO.

Five from two small guys. Zero from our tough guys.

We know Eddie and Andy can drop the gloves, but to completely disappear and give the appearance of disinterest while your team is getting run over????

Inexcusable. They deserve all the criticism they get. They left their team out to dry when the rest of them were battling. Take the A off of Edmundson and give it to Xhekaj, at least he shows up every day and cares.

Either Xhekaj or Guhle will end up as A eventually

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Maybe the Habs should invite Arber's little brother to the next training camp , he looks like a scrappy youngster 😄

Pretty sure a team will draft him with a 7nd rounder otherwise yeah for sure give him an AHL contract to start.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Sucks that Eddy & Andy didn’t step up last night however do you remember Ben Chariot breaking his hand on a helmet?? I’ll take the draft picks /prospects we can get via trades. Our young group will remember this game and they’ll only be getting bigger & stronger.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Anderson and Eddy are surely giving me 2021-2022 Petry vibes I.e don't care anymore and just doing their time until they get traded.
Would you really want them fighting and getting hurt, when they'll probably fetch high returns at the deadline? I don't. Not that it's the reason they didn't fight, but I think it'd be stupid in this case. Imagine them in pointless fights, and sustaining a broken hand or concussion. I'd rather they don't fight and trade them.

Sucks that Eddy & Andy didn’t step up last night however do you remember Ben Chariot breaking his hand on a helmet?? I’ll take the draft picks /prospects we can get via trades. Our young group will remember this game and they’ll only be getting bigger & stronger.
Exactly what I'm saying.

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Didn't have to be a hand... could have used their sticks. Who cares if it's an extra penalty. The game was lost already anyway

Aces on the road

Oct 27, 2020
I get people are mad Anderson doesn't fight, but the guy can throw bombs.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's been told by previous and now current management to not going looking for a fight.

Had Gudas obligated, Anderson would have beat his ass.

People have to remember, you fight to establish yourself in the league and then you don't have to anymore.

Yeah we'd like to see it more.
When you have seen bomb?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad