Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Sullivan started with 1-5-1 when he took on the Pens....and went on to win the Stanley Cup.

.....But with the standing....the playoffs starts now.

Excellent point about Sullivan!
Now let's compare lineups shall we. :laugh:
The suspect D first? :sarcasm:

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
The ones who were wrong never do. :sarcasm:

You should see this stuff on boxing forums lol...

"He's got a glass jaw, I'm calling it!!", "This guy's a hypejob, he's never beaten anybody!" and "Robbery incoming, this guy's getting a gift!!" tend to bite people in the ***.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don't get what his system is other than skate after the puck and let Carey cover whoever wants to stand all alone in the slot lol.

Look forward to the new assistants.

what ever system you apply. Its weaker and much easier to stop with 4 average to garbage centermen.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Looks like I'll have to revise my predictions. Habs will still be first with the Sens crumbling in Raleigh. :laugh:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We're still in first since Ottawa lost tonight. It does seem like a ripe opportunity for the Leafs to finally win a game against the Habs. They're at home with a high powered offense and our suckage has been epic for the last month or so.

OTOH, Price always plays well against them. Ditto Pacioretty. HNIC. Guarateed fast pace game. Terrible D. At least it should be exciting and we might actually score more than one goal!

This one is 50-50 for me. I'd love for us to win, but I'm expecting us to lose.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I knew you were old but that's amazing. :laugh: :sarcasm:

I can take sarcasm...and deal with it.

Although I was broadly educated in the sciences (and made my living at it) I also studied world history at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Now, with time on my hands as the result of ageism, I'm writing fiction to occupy my mind. I've completed the manuscripts for two novels and copyrighted one of them but haven't submitted it for publication. I've also started a third and a fourth.

I was fascinated to learn that Russia was the North's only European ally during the Civil War (1861-1865). Abraham Lincoln's inauguration came in the same year (1861) in which Tsar Alexander II emancipated the serfs in Russia. Why would the tsar side with the the North? Russia lost the Crimean War to Britain, France, and the Ottoman Empire (Turkey). The Treaty of Paris imposed harsh terms on the Russians, including barring them from putting warships in the Black Sea. This was humiliating to a great power and Alexander sought a measure of revenge. Britain, on the other hand, sided with the South because it relied on the cotton picked by slaves to feed its textile mills. That was ironic, because Britain had already abolished slavery not only in the British isles but also in its colonies.

One of my novels deals with the period from World War II to Vietnam and the Cold War. By the way, my master's paper was on a treaty to ban nuclear weapons testing in the atmosphere. I still remember how to distinguish underground nuclear weapons tests from earthquakes or volcanoes.

I read how the Vatican under Pope Pius XI assisted fugitive Nazi war criminals in evading justice. It established "ratlines" to facilitate their escape to South America or Egypt. (Look up the role played by Bishop Hudal.) To his credit, Pope Pius XII, on the other hand, wrote an anti-Nazi encyclical. Why did Pius XI favor the Nazis? Because he preferred Hitler to "godless communism."

Last edited:

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario
If it takes getting embarrassed by a rival to get these guys to wake up and start playing hockey then (or is it than?) by all means go out and lose big.

Otherwise I want a win by any means necessary.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
A think Matthews, Nylander and Marner will make us look like a ECHL team. I wonder what it feels like to have good scouting and player development. Must be nice.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
Marner's out with injury.

We'll score at least 4 goals I reckon, we're over-due for a breakout game and Leafs defense aren't their strongest suit. Price usually plays great against the Leafs so I don't see them scoring 4. Tonight's game will be a win but our next game (NJ) has trap written all over it, literally and figuratively.

Darkstorm

I Am Awesome
Jul 30, 2012
Montreal
I would try these lines, at this point we have nothing to lose.

Max Pacioretty - Philip Danault - Alexander Radulov
Paul Byron - Alex Galchenuyk - Artturi Lekhonen
Tomas Plekanec - Andrew Shaw - Brendan Gallagher
Charles Hudon - Torrey Mitchell - Nikita Sherbak

Shea Weber - Greg Pateryn
Jeff Petry - Nathan Beaulieu
Andrei Markov - Alexeï Emelin

Carey Price

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
Ghetto - Galchenuyk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Danault - Hudon
Lehkonen - Plek - Gallagher
Byron - McCarron - Shaw

We'll always struggle offensively as long as Plek is used as top 6, Mitchell and Flynn are in the lineup combining for 20+ minutes a game, Gallagher and Shaw are on the PP and Galchenyuk has no wingers to play with because Max and Radulov are kept together.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Apathy towards this team intensifies.

The games aren't even fun anymore, and haven't been for a long time excluding the first 15 games. Good luck Claude, hope you can get these players to at least try.

Agree. Throw out the first 15 and what are we? A bottom feeder team. That seems to be about right, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad