GDT: Habs Leafs Game 7 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I'm worried that Caufield wants to prove he's more than just a shooter so he's looking to pass more.You were drafted for your shot son,use it at all times!

Good point. But then again, his passing game is much better than I expected at this level. And his shot is clearly above average. And that's for a rookie out of the NCAA, playing the toughest hockey you can imagine.

The kid doesn't look out of place at all. Very high ceiling, IMO. But yeah, hold on to your hat when he starts shooting more!

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yup, I'm just aggravated, we never make it easy on ourselves.

i was cursing armia too. then i saw the replay.
at least it's only 1 pk so far this game.

it's going to be very difficult to not shoot ourselves in the foot by thinking too defensively and letting Leafs have possession and come at us.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I'm worried that Caufield wants to prove he's more than just a shooter so he's looking to pass more.You were drafted for your shot son,use it at all times!
That was my first instinct on that pass to Petry but watching the replay Petry was in a better shooting position. Was a risky play but Petry had a better shooting lane.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Well guys if I'm being honest, I was pretty good. It was house money going into this game. But now that it's 2-0 going into the 3rd it's hit me.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
This time isnt far from over. Need to get a big kill in the 3rd. You gotta think Toronto will be throwing everything they have at it. We gotta be ready to push the pace and not sit back and hold on.

I personally think our offensive system of always trying to generate offence off the rush is trash. However, now that we have the lead, this garbage system is actually to our benefit as the Leafs will definitely be pressing and taking chances. This is where we can try to take advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad