Proposal: Habs & Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
You know what definitely not enough I'm gonna add Kaliyev, Clarke, what the hell you can have Byfield too. Done deal. ;) But seriously though no thanks.

Last edited:

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
It just doesn't make sense for either team... not to mention the value is probably off too...

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
I don't think Caufield will be an elite player either, terrific scorer tho. Wouldn't read too much into the WJC since it's only a handful of game and Turcotte got to play more & with better players.
Caufield had an outstanding season last year. In insight, it would've been really hard for him to do any better, except maybe the WJC.
I think all opinions on hockey prospect are subjective, even if you're paid to evaluate players, everyone values attributes, impact or play styles differently.
However, I think it's safe to say and objective guys like Faber, Struble, Tuch and Harris are in the same tier.

With all due respect to your opinion I believe Faber is better comparing to Struble, Tuch and Harris.
It is only my opinion…

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
wow poeple are .. ^%$#

Caufield is worth alone Turcotte + Faber + 1rs pick alone

get lost mate !!

:biglaugh:

Dude, you are playing in a division that would have trouble to compete in the AHL
and you try to sell utter mediocrity as superstar ???? :loony:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
:biglaugh:

Dude, you are playing in a division that would have trouble to compete in the AHL
and you try to sell utter mediocrity as superstar ???? :loony:
my oh my . your division is the one that sucks . if i'm not mistaken we had our way with your division champs and never even had to pay for the meal .

i'm not sure if you have actually watched any hockey the last couple years but those california power houses you got going on are really rockin it .

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
It just doesn't make sense for either team... not to mention the value is probably off too...
It absolutely makes sense for Montreal they get rid of cap while getting players that's closer age to their core or suzuki kk and caulfield

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Damn Brown is done but yet scored 17 goals in 49 games last season.

You can get lost as well mate!!
Brown might not be done, but he's not a good comparable to Gallagher since he's 7 years older.
There's probably a year or 2 left of hockey in Brown, but not much more.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Habs : Gallagher + Drouin (50% retained) + Struble/Harris + Luke Tuch
for
Kings : Turcotte + Brock Faber

Cap says no
Gallagher's NTC most likely says no
Kings have zero use for Drouin, have enough tweeners and a similar 'unfulfilled project' in Kempe
Kings don't need prospect quantity, would be wanting to trade quantity for blue chip--Harris and Tuch barely scratch our middle tiers of prospects
Faber is a much better prospect than you're giving him credit for

I think you're completely misreading the Kings' situation (deliberately) to benefit the Habs and this move puts the Kings closer to the playoffs (Gallagher is awesome) yet further from a Cup.

I don't think it's terrible value, TBH. I hold Gallagher in high regard, even if I think you're slightly underselling Turcotte and Faber. But trades aren't made in a vacuum and there are a LOT of reasons for the Kings to not do this.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
since i have to explain check this out
Looks like the Kings wants back in the game with getting Adrvison + Danault ect..
So i figure that the kings could use help right now while sacrifacing some future.
While Turcotte and Faber are not even playing in the NHL , Gally and Drouin could easely make top 6 ,
Meanwhile Harris and Tuck are really good assets for future.
So putting Turcotte and faber on the table to get back in buisness seems legit.

I would like to explain why Kings do not need anybody in proposed trade even if LA had cap space.
Kings have much more talented defensive prospects on their team comparing to Jayden Struble, Luke Tuch and Jordan Harris
It is Brendan Clarke, Brock Faber, Helge Grans and Tobias Bjornfot
There is no need to explain why LA do not need/want Drouin.
Gallagher is the only one who has value for Kings, but he is not needed here after LA got Arvidsson.
Gallagher will only block young Kings forwards playing in NHL.
Basically this trade proposes not needed pieces from Montreal for 2 very valuable talented young players (Turcotte + Brock Faber) from LA.
Thank you, but no thank you

Reactions: Yog S'loth

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Neither team does this, but comments saying this is one-sided in favour of the Habs is peak HFboards.

The pieces that matter are Turcotte, Gallagher and Drouin (at 2.75 AAV). LA doesn't do it because they aren't ready to compete yet based on other parts of their roster. Montreal doesn't do it because Gallagher is the best player right now and Turcotte isn't a sure thing.

It absolutely makes sense for Montreal they get rid of cap while getting players that's closer age to their core or suzuki kk and caulfield

Any definition of Montreal's core that doesn't include Gallagher, Montreal's most important forward and one of the best 5v5 players in the NHL, is just straight up wrong.

Cap says no
Gallagher's NTC most likely says no
Kings have zero use for Drouin, have enough tweeners and a similar 'unfulfilled project' in Kempe
Kings don't need prospect quantity, would be wanting to trade quantity for blue chip--Harris and Tuch barely scratch our middle tiers of prospects
Faber is a much better prospect than you're giving him credit for

I think you're completely misreading the Kings' situation (deliberately) to benefit the Habs and this move puts the Kings closer to the playoffs (Gallagher is awesome) yet further from a Cup.

I don't think it's terrible value, TBH. I hold Gallagher in high regard, even if I think you're slightly underselling Turcotte and Faber. But trades aren't made in a vacuum and there are a LOT of reasons for the Kings to not do this.

Only nitpicks I can make to this is that Gallagher has a 6 team no trade list and I doubt LA is on it, Kempe and Drouin aren't comparable, and all the other mid-tier prospects fall under HFboards various biases and can be argued until we're blue in the face, but there might be 5-10 posters on all these boards that can give actual informed opinions on all of them.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Isn't this the same OP that suggested NJ trades Holtz and Mercer to MTL for Drouin, Chariot and a couple other guys because Brodeur wants to win now?

Reactions: YP44

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Habs : Gallagher + Drouin (50% retained) + Struble/Harris + Luke Tuch
for
Kings : Turcotte + Brock Faber

This trade completely fails the initial cap check…that’s 9.25 mil in cap going one (LA’s) way and LA does not have that kind of room. Plus I think LA is at or very near the contract limit and there are +2 net players going to LA.

Value-wise, the extra bodies in Harris/Tuch are not wanted/needed, LA is overflowing with prospect/non-NHL type players. Gallagher by himself might net a Brock Faber from a contender but Drouin and his 50% cap is worth about 0.

Reactions: YP44

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
This trade completely fails the initial cap check…that’s 9.25 mil in cap going one (LA’s) way and LA does not have that kind of room. Plus I think LA is at or very near the contract limit and there are +2 net players going to LA.

Value-wise, the extra bodies in Harris/Tuch are not wanted/needed, LA is overflowing with prospect/non-NHL type players. Gallagher by himself might net a Brock Faber from a contender but Drouin and his 50% cap is worth about 0.

With all due respect I would not trade Brock Faber for Gallagher from Kings point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad