Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Jets

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
:habs VS :jets

Tokarski confirmed starter for this game. Don't know if I agree with this choice; nice to give Carey a break, but one less chance to get his 10th shutout and get closer to the magic 43 wins to break the Habs record.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Don't care about season numbers.
We're first already, doesn't matter if we drop a bit.
The more we rest, the better our odds.

DSP practised on 4th, Weise on 3rd.

Go Habs.
Go Weise, Peg Boy!

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Awful desicion to start Tokarski. There is still 3 weeks left till the end of the regular season and we are battling with Tampa for first in the division.

It's unacceptable that Price doesn't play 70+ games per season. Price played 72 games in 2010-2011 and then outperformed Tim Thomas in the playoffs.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Frankly I don't understand what the fuss is about winning the division.
Home advantage in the second round? Big whoop.
Is a speed losing Detroit more dangerous than Washington/Ottawa? I don't think so.

Let's face it: Teams will run Price. Time to get Tokarski time to:
1. Limit Price's exposure during the meaningless regular season.
2. Shake the rust off Tiker if need be in playoff if another Kreider situation comes around

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Is a speed losing Detroit more dangerous than Washington/Ottawa? I don't think so.

2. Shake the rust off Tiker if need be in playoff if another Kreider situation comes around

Home ice advantage is crucial to the Habs because they do not score on the road. If a series goes 7 games, I'd hope we have home ice advantage because thats the only way we score more than 2.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Home ice advantage is crucial to the Habs because they do not score on the road. If a series goes 7 games, I'd hope we have home ice advantage because thats the only way we score more than 2.

Yet we have the second best road record in the entire league.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014

You don't prepare for that. If that happens, we're done for, shouldn't be a factor in starter choice.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Regardless of the second round,we won't finish ahead of the rangers, so we'll be on the road agaisnt them ( if they win the metro div).

I mean Couture ran Price 2 times. Fisher fell on him more than willingly last game.

And these are two teams that are in the other Conference which playoff fates are sealed. Imagine when we play the heavy Jets?
Frankly seeing as there is a ridiculous non response from both refs&Habs players,I won't blame opponents running Price.

It's disgusting but hey, you won't be called for ot and only positive can happen from you doing it.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
You don't prepare for that. If that happens, we're done for, shouldn't be a factor in starter choice.

I know you don't "prepare", but look at what I just posted.
We're not doing anything against it. Why wouldn't it happen again?
It has to be envisioned.
At the rate it's going, there's an 80% chance Price doesn't finish the season at full health because of a similar attempt to run him.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
People are really against giving Tokarski 2 starts in the last 10 games of the season? really?????

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
I know you don't "prepare", but look at what I just posted.
We're not doing anything against it. Why wouldn't it happen again?
It has to be envisioned.
At the rate it's going, there's an 80% chance Price doesn't finish the season at full health because of a similar attempt to run him.

I don't argue about the "protecting Price" argument, but keeping Tokarski in shape in case Price is injured is pretty meaningless. He won't save our ***** every game like Price does. The day Price is injured (if it happens) will mark the end of our (post)season.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
I don't argue about the "protecting Price" argument, but keeping Tokarski in shape in case Price is injured is pretty meaningless. He won't save our ***** every game like Price does. The day Price is injured (if it happens) will mark the end of our (post)season.

100% agree with that. I guess I was being fatalist, and frankly, a bit over-dramatic.
However I won't be against giving Tiker 2 or even 3 games. Rest Price a little, but still allows him to keep rhythm.
He'll get 43 W, will have the alltime mark for a Hab. Tiker will have played. Price will have rested.
Everyone' good and happy.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
I kinda really want the Jets in the playoffs.

This would be worth it only for the sake of them making the playoffs before the Oilers do. Imagine calling that one 10 years ago, could've become a millionaire by betting on it.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Wise move to start Tokarski against a hungry, heavy, battling for their lives Jets team.

Tokarski made 41 saves against the Panthers so he can win this game.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
The Jets need to win this game more than the Habs. Expect a high intensity battle for their lives with possible injuries to both sides. But the Habs need to have all their players walk away uninjured for the playoffs. I think a truce can be made here. A Jets win could mean no Kings in the playoffs. I'm 100% certain the Habs will make it to the Stanley Cup Finals and losing tonight could mean not having to deal with the Kings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad