Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I’m thinking about making a Lucic for Anderson thread

Reactions: kevistar

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

4 pts in 26 games didn't help his popularity on the trade market.

Regardless, I doubt the Blue Jackets trade Anderson. They lack picks and have lost several players to UFA. They need him don't they?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
4 pts in 26 games didn't help his popularity on the trade market.

Regardless, I doubt the Blue Jackets trade Anderson. They lack picks and have lost several players to UFA. They need him don't they?
In a way, 4 pts in 26 games absolutely fueled his trade market "popularity" with rocket fuel. Because now it's like everybody seems to think they can get him for a song...
:dunno:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i like anderson and he would be great for domi, but 2 2nds for a guy who's going to want to get paid and is coming off surgery is risky. Maybe the two 2nds with a winger like lehkonen. kekalainen loves his finns ;)

but Jackets need picks and Habs have 14...they can't give all their 2nds...

maybe 2 2nds 2020
3rd 2020
2nd 2021
(4 picks)

or add lehkonen

Reactions: Patagonia

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
i like anderson and he would be great for domi, but 2 2nds for a guy who's going to want to get paid and is coming off surgery is risky. Maybe the two 2nds with a winger like lehkonen. kekalainen loves his finns ;)

maybe 2 2nds 2020
3rd 2020
2nd 2021
(4 picks)

or add lehkonen
That doesn't really work for us. Basically, when it comes to an Andy trade, we're looking at "we can get the one significant hole on the roster filled (#2C), or we can gamble on him bouncing back". The reasons for this have been described in... well, just pick any of the twenty-seven (27) previous threads on the matter listed above.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
That doesn't really work for us. Basically, when it comes to an Andy trade, we're looking at "we can get the one significant hole on the roster filled (#2C), or we can gamble on him bouncing back". The reasons for this have been described in... well, just pick any of the twenty-seven (27) previous threads on the matter listed above.
ok. Wow, hopefully he turns into Tom Wilson. Can't see you getting a 2C for him. I offered 4 picks. Good luck getting that if he gets dealt

Reactions: Fisticuffer

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

Gonna look over every thread in hf baords history to make sure something I'm posting hasn't been posted before.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

maybe 2 2nds 2020
3rd 2020
2nd 2021
(4 picks)

or add lehkonen

Eh I think it might work for us. We really don't know what Jarmo is thinking about the players in this draft. If his guys are there at pick #39 and #40 I think he'll move swiftly. Of course that presumes he isn't signing Josh long term.

I personally am not holding out for a 2C, it's not clear we will have a long term hole there. I just want value. #39 + #61 is poor value but this offer is getting close enough that it depends on if Jarmo likes the players available there.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I only went through the first few but it doesn’t seem to take long to find you participated in (I’m going to guess) every single one of those threads. You know you don’t have to right?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Gonna look over every thread in hf baords history to make sure something I'm posting hasn't been posted before.
Don't need to go through all of HF history. Just looking at any one of the overwhelming majority of trade threads involving the Jackets anytime in the past eight months would have worked.

* * *​
I only went through the first few but it doesn’t seem to take long to find you participated in (I’m going to guess) every single one of those threads. You know you don’t have to right?
I object to the implication that I have no business commenting on topics that involve my team.

That and I have learned, from repeated experience, that if you don't confront this stuff at the source, it'll bubble over into other unrelated threads and even bring in folks invading our board. Ignoring it doesn't make it go away.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Eh I think it might work for us. We really don't know what Jarmo is thinking about the players in this draft. If his guys are there at pick #39 and #40 I think he'll move swiftly. Of course that presumes he isn't signing Josh long term.

I personally am not holding out for a 2C, it's not clear we will have a long term hole there. I just want value. #39 + #61 is poor value but this offer is getting close enough that it depends on if Jarmo likes the players available there.
Admittedly, I was paying more attention to the "Lehkonen" part of that post. I suppose there are scenarios in which Bundles Of Picks will work, but they're so highly conditional that I'm not sure there's much useful conversation to be had. It becomes more of a "predict the first three to five rounds of the draft" exercise, and, well, there's other fora for that. ;)

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Don't need to go through all of HF history. Just looking at any one of the overwhelming majority of trade threads involving the Jackets anytime in the past eight months would have worked.

* * *​

I object to the implication that I have no business commenting on topics that involve my team.

That and I have learned, from repeated experience, that if you don't confront this stuff at the source, it'll bubble over into other unrelated threads and even bring in folks invading our board. Ignoring it doesn't make it go away.
I never implicated you shouldn’t participate in Blue Jacket or any other thread for that matter. That’s what is encouraged here.

It more about you not wanting other people to create threads about the BJs or anything else. To the point you actually take the time to make a list like that complete with links. I also object to the hypocrisy that you complain about threads you participate in. If you don’t like it the best thing you can do is not comment and it will go away faster. It’s ok, you don’t have to skip work to defend the Blue Jacket franchise because someone on the internet is wrong. The franchise doesn’t know you are doing it and a player’s value isn’t actually being hurt by someone being wrong on the internet.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I’ve come around to the idea of Anderson for draft picks, just on account of how deep the team is looking at forward. But I don’t think 40 and 61 get it done.

I also think it’s more likely that Jarmo is looking to add to Anderson for an offensive upgrade.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I never implicated you shouldn’t participate in Blue Jacket or any other thread for that matter. That’s what is encouraged here.

It more about you not wanting other people to create threads about the BJs or anything else. To the point you actually take the time to make a list like that complete with links.
I just ask that folks do their research. It's not like the opportunities to learn aren't there.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

maybe 2 2nds 2020
3rd 2020
2nd 2021
(4 picks)

or add lehkonen

I’m not a fan of either team, but this would be an excellent offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $110.00