Pre-Game Talk: Habs in Ottawa, tonight 7:00 pm on the Don Cherry Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

hooknshoot

Dipsy Doodle
Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Stoked for this one! Montoya is going to tend the net well for the Habs, so the Sens have their hands full. This game should havethe same pace that the Sens/Leafs game had but there are more scoring threats on the Habs (although no one on that team should score 4 goals tonight lol)

Go Sens Go!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Still no Price?

Very nice but let's not get carried away here. Habs had a solid preseason and Radulov looks like the real deal, this isn't going to be an easy one.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Montoya.....he was super highly regarded as a prospect. Feels like eons ago now.

Hopefully the first game jitters are gone, and the guys can be a little more fluid out there today. I really want to see more feet movement and less stick checking/waving.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ottawa needs to be far better ,or it wont matter who is in nets for MTL .They need to still learn how to play 3 periods,this and also scoring the first goal would be nice:nod:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Another speedy team too, this is not a great matchup for us considering we are still working out the kinks of the new system.

After some personal turmoil, I've become a big fan of trial by fire: let's see how well the team responds.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Another speedy team too, this is not a great matchup for us considering we are still working out the kinks of the new system.

After some personal turmoil, I've become a big fan of trial by fire: let's see how well the team responds.
It is what kills this team ,speed teams just eat us up.We need to play a disiplined position game ,and like everybody is saying that kind of system needs a buy in from every player on the team

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I always find we play badly against backups. Hopefully this year it changes.

Either way I expect better play from Hofman and Phaneuf.

Hoping for the win! But I work tonight so I cannot watch.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Pageau always brings it against Montreal. Tonight Brassard joins him as a Habs Hunter

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Montreal will be a good measuring stick game for us, they are well coached and have good balance through their lineup. Essentially they are built like Ottawa, a superstar player with a good supporting cast. But Montreal is way tighter in their 'structure' and play disciplined.

We'll score on them, but how many will they score on us? But good to see how we respond to a pretty uneven game 1. My Habs buddy thinks Anderson has looked suspect for a couple of years. Andy needs a solid game to settle everything down, it would be nice to see Ottawa give less then 30 shots - that'll be a good measuring stick.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Montreal will be a good measuring stick game for us, they are well coached and have good balance through their lineup. Essentially they are built like Ottawa, a superstar player with a good supporting cast. But Montreal is way tighter in their 'structure' and play disciplined.

130.gif

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Montoya was on point last game, he was really in his zone and was really good. Wouldn't expect anything less for this game so we'll need to go all in. Habs have a good team.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Interested to see how the team plays - was what we saw the first night evidence of some patterns or just a one-off? For me I want to see if Ryan keeps going to the net - that might have been my favourite part of the last game. Would love to see him live there - makes the best of his hands and limits the impact of his modest speed.

And a chance for a bounce-back game for the second pairing and we'll see if Hoff can get going.

Plus, always fun to see what Pageau is going to do against the Habs.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
As someone who gets his TV over the air, I'm annoyed this one isn't on CBC.

Along this line of though, is City even streamed online? SportsNet has SportsNet Now, and CBC streams hockey games through their website, but I don't actually think the City does anything other than play VODs of their shows.

Interested to see how the team plays - was what we saw the first night evidence of some patterns or just a one-off? For me I want to see if Ryan keeps going to the net - that might have been my favourite part of the last game. Would love to see him live there - makes the best of his hands and limits the impact of his modest speed.

And a chance for a bounce-back game for the second pairing and we'll see if Hoff can get going.

Plus, always fun to see what Pageau is going to do against the Habs.

Ryan always went to the net. How do you think he broke his hand the last two seasons?

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Ryan has spent far too much time on the perimeter. His ass has been firmly planted against the boards for extended periods. It has been a talking point on many occasions.

Does not mean he has never been in front of the net.

I want him to go full Andreychuk/Tim Kerr.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Is Chabot in? And im digging the handful of days off..hopefully there were some productive system practices during that period.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

We'll score on them, but how many will they score on us? But good to see how we respond to a pretty uneven game 1. My Habs buddy thinks Anderson has looked suspect for a couple of years. Andy needs a solid game to settle everything down, it would be nice to see Ottawa give less then 30 shots - that'll be a good measuring stick.

Who is the superstar player on Montreal? Are you speaking of Price? He's a superstar but he's not playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad