Rumor: Habs in on Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

The article in question

It's 25 Stanley, so it's not the greatest source ever, but it says Habs scouts are seing a great deal of the 24 years old swiss. Another Streit or Diaz ?

A hard-working Rene Bourque? Hope it's true and he signs with us, even if I have no idea who he is.

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land
Nice, a ****-y.

Another Janne Lahti?

Unlike Lahti, :eek::eek::eek::eek:i actually has offensive success in Europe, and has been in the juniors in North America, having played one year in the USHL, and one year with Rimouski in the QMJHL.

He's been drafted in the NHL and played for the Swiss team that won silver medal in the last World Championships.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Why?

He played one season in the Q as a 19-20 y/o and was not even close to being a point per game player

From his PIM stat he doesn't seem to be a very physical player and at 6' and 209 lbs he's not that big. What can he bring to the team?

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'd definitely interested 6' 210lbs is good size and he's over a ppg in the Swiss-A league. If he plays a well rounded game, he could be a good asset.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Just to put some perspective....Marc-André Bergeron, on the same team, has just 4 less points than him....and is +12. ;)

:eek::eek::eek::eek:i is not the type of guy that plays all in, not that implicated and doesn't exactly love the rough stuff, and not exactly the type of guy who's consistent.....all of which that's EXACTLY what we need I guess....

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Bergeron did play in the bigs almost 500 games. If we can get that out of a Europe UFA, that would be great.

In today's hockey, Bergeron didn't have a spot for him in all the NHL. Type of player that Habs fans wanted to get rid of asap.

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land
In today's hockey, Bergeron didn't have a spot for him in all the NHL. Type of player that Habs fans wanted to get rid of asap.

NHL teams doesn't want of Bergeron because he is an offensive-minded 5'09 defenseman. We're talking about a 6', 210 pounds offensive center.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
NHL teams doesn't want of Bergeron because he is an offensive-minded 5'09 defenseman. We're talking about a 6', 210 pounds offensive center.

My response was towards your response of Bergeron and his 500 games. Now, as far as :eek::eek::eek::eek:i is concerned, unless he dramtically changed or is willing to change, he's not physical and not consistent enough.

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land
My response was towards your response of Bergeron and his 500 games. Now, as far as :eek::eek::eek::eek:i is concerned, unless he dramtically changed or is willing to change, he's not physical and not consistent enough.

Being from Rimouski, I've had the chance of seeing him on a lot of occasions, including in the Memorial Cup. To say he was inconsistent is very accurate, however, I do remember him for being one of the best Rimouski players in the Memorial Cup, meaning he's not too bad when there is pressure.

I'd be all for according him a Lahti-like contract to see if he can dominate in the AHL / make it to the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad