News Article: Habs Hire Albie O'Connell (Tuch's former HC at BU) as NCAA Scout

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I thought this should have it's own thread since many may have missed it yesterday with everything going on. No offense to him but I hope this means Nick Carrière is out.

Nick Carriere is in pro scouting.

His title is "Director of Minor League Affiliates / Pro Scout"

So it sounds like he's involved with Laval & 3R.

As for O'Connell, I like it. He recruited Adam Fox to Harvard when he was coaching there. And I believe he also recruited Brady Tkachuk when he was coaching at BU (as well as Tuch and now Hutson).

So he has an eye for talent.

Last edited:

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
From what I've read, he's more of a Gorton's connection, but I guess Hughes probably knows him a lot from his agent days.
Also Hughes and MSL had kids who played in the same conference. I'm guessing Gorton, Hughes, MSL have a lot of common acquaintances among the Boston and New England hockey mafias.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We should have this as a Hockey management thread. 'Cause we are probably about to see quite a few changes. Hoping Audette is on his way out. And Daniel Doré comes in. But you never have too any bright minds. Seems like a good hire that O'Connell.

If he does great things, let's call him Albi Le Géant....badoum tish....

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We should have this as a Hockey management thread. 'Cause we are probably about to see quite a few changes. Hoping Audette is on his way out. And Daniel Doré comes in. But you never have too any bright minds. Seems like a good hire that O'Connell.

If he does great things, let's call him Albi Le Géant....badoum tish....

There is a Hockey Ops thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad