Speculation: Habs have spoken with Morrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
Rather have Jagr, but i'd take Morrow for a 1 year deal for 3M or less to play on our 3rd line with Eller.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
would have preferred him to Briere...

with the Briere signing on the books, less inclined to do more than a 1yr 3M$ or 2yr 2.5M$ deal for Morrow.

not sure where he fits in though.

Bourque - Pleks - Gionta
MaxPac - DD - Briere
Galch - Eller - Gallagher

? maybe on pleks wing until Gionta comes back, and then whoever is least productive from top-9 gets bumped to 4th line? (or other injury opens up the space?)

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Flashbacks to the Gauthier years when we heard that he spoke with a lot of players who never played here.

That said, Morrow would help this team.

Yozzy

Feb 19, 2012
Morrow over Jagr please and thanks.

Would love him on the team.

Such character!

dreamingofdrouin*

Hi,

In the next episode of the series "Habs have spoken with", this week's episode is with the ex-Pittsburgh Penguins forward, Brendan Morrow.

Your thoughts? Want him or not? Says in this tweet that Morrow wouldn't mind playing for the Habs and that the Habs and his agent are talking.

https://twitter.com/LangloisMario/status/354731621632573442

abso-****in-lutely

as long as the term is short..which it will be..there's no harm in this at all.....only positives can come of it.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Hi,

In the next episode of the series "Habs have spoken with", this week's episode is with the ex-Pittsburgh Penguins forward, Brendan Morrow.

Your thoughts? Want him or not? Says in this tweet that Morrow wouldn't mind playing for the Habs and that the Habs and his agent are talking.

https://twitter.com/LangloisMario/status/354731621632573442

I think he is a better fit than Jagr. Plays with an edge and has more miles left.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I would really like Morrow, I've been wanting him in the roster since he was traded to Pittsburgh. But with Brière and Gionta still on the team, I don't know where he will fit. I would like him on Eller/Galchenyuk's line.

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
I don't mind bringing in vets as long as they're not taking away ice time from promising young players. I don't want to sacrifice Brendan Gallagher or Galchenyuk's ice time for Morrow or Briere.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Flashbacks to the Gauthier years when we heard that he spoke with a lot of players who never played here.

That said, Morrow would help this team.

That happens to most GM's every year. Contrary to what you seem to think, teams/GM's check up on a ton of YFA's and players available for trade. They probably end up with about 2-3% of them overall.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I don't mind bringing in vets as long as they're not taking away ice time from promising young players. I don't want to sacrifice Brendan Gallagher or Galchenyuk's ice time for Morrow or Briere.

Galchenyuk needs limited ice time. Playing him 20 minutes a night against top lines isn't a great idea for a 19 year old. I think if they brough Morrow in he'd play with Eller and Galchenyuk.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
I'd rather have Morrow than Jagr. If we add a top 9 forward, one has to go though. Preferably one of DD or Gio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad