Rumor: Habs have interest in Jarome Iginla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
The Habs are always interested in the big fish, but never get the big fish.

Plus, considering we've just traded for PAP, I don't see where he or anymore top 6 forward would fit on this team. That's unless the rumored Pacioretty is on his way out is true.

I'd hate it to be true.

PAP replaces Gio, and Iggy replaces Vanek. B Boyle replaces White/Briere and Dan Boyle replaces Gorges if/when moved.

Done.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
one-does-not-sign-all-free-agents.png

Ned clearly doesnt know who MB is

This is Boromir, you pathetic maggot pie.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
He's a floater.. No want.. Ask Bruins fans..

I wouldnt call him a floater. He is more of a hired gun who would have zero loyalty to the Montreal Canadiens. Sort of like Vanek and Briere who were more worried about their own agenda than that of the team.

I would prefer someone else who gives a ****.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'd give Iginla a multi year contract. Great leader and can still play, I think MTL would be good for him and he'd be good for MTL.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Iginla sounds like a great line.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I wouldnt call him a floater. He is more of a hired gun who would have zero loyalty to the Montreal Canadiens. Sort of like Vanek and Briere who were more worried about their own agenda than that of the team.

I would prefer someone else who gives a ****.

If Iginla ever wants to win a cup before he retires he doesn't really have a choice but to give a ****.

Because otherwise he probably won't

I'd give Iginla a multi year contract. Great leader and can still play, I think MTL would be good for him and he'd be good for MTL.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Iginla sounds like a great line.

On a multi year deal and if Gionta is gone i'd make him captain as well. He is one of the most well regarded and respected leader in the NHL. Ideally 3 years is probably the max years we should give him. Anything more than that and we'd be playing with fire , even for Iginla

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Compared to the start of last year, if we have PAP and Iginla instead of Gionta and Briere in our lineup I will be thrilled!

Hopefully we'll also have Weaver/Beaulieu as our bottom pairing instead of Murray/Bouillon. Sounds like a WAY better team to me!

bigtimehockeyfan999*

Richard Labbé ‏@Richardlabbe · 28s
Told by agent D.Meehan that #Habs haven't asked about J.Iginla, contrary to some reports.

not sure if it means we're definitely not interested...but puts a little damper on things for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille