Habs get shutout by the Edmonton Oilers 3-0 | No Curls for the Girls edition

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Watched the game on Sportsnet last night, I want to commend their staff for being so knowledgeable and informative. The Charlie Hodge story about Tokarski was particularly interesting as a Hab fan, their breakdown of game and league events coverage was also very good, right up there with Don & Ron for CBC, IMHO.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The bashing on desharnais is hilarious. Paciorretty is just a gigantic floater out there just look at the breakaway he didnt even try. But yeah its desharnais's fault. Paciorretty might be our best offensive player but he needs to get histoire **** together asap.

You are absolutely right and every Davey supporter out there should be massing in outrage.
For God sakes MT give us Chucky to work with or Bork. He can make these guys better.
Our entire team will be better for it.

On second thought the Chucky crowd votes Bork.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If Galchenyuk is centering Max... we're back to a 1 line team anyway - which everyone here wanted to eliminate. Fantastic!

We don't have the LW depth to move Galchenyuk at this point. We can move players around most definitely though (well Therrien won't, but we can hope)... but until we acquire a LWer, Galchenyuk can't be moved. Well, sure he can be if we want to take a shot McDavid.

In case you've missed, we're a one line team right now.

Yeah, you're doing it right.... nope.

It's a simple neither guy is playing good right now, despite their point totals over the last 5 games (4 for DD, 6 for Patch).

Ever heard of something called teammates? Guess not.

Give me one good reason to keep Desharnais and Pacioretty together, and don't get me that "chemistry" crap. It's non-existent...

Now that it's even more obvious that:
Galchenyuk > Desharnais
Plekanec > Desharnais

And now that our thrid line is more used in a shutdown role:
Eller > Desharnais

Act accordingly.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
You are absolutely right and every Davey supporter out there should be massing in outrage.
For God sakes MT give us Chucky to work with or Bork. He can make these guys better.
Our entire team will be better for it.

On second thought the Chucky crowd votes Bork.

Theres only one answer

Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Bourque

stanley cup from 2015, 2016, 2017 dynasty

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
That's where the puck was..

Beaulieu was already there... left Yakupov to be there. I get that he went to make a play on Pouliot cutting to the net there, and that Tokarski committing to Fayne's shot (which really looked like an attempted cross-seam pass to Yakupov if you ask me, who had just been left wide open by Beaulieu) left him off his post, but Beaulieu leaving Yakupov open happens just before the puck even gets off Fayne's stick, let alone has the chance to get deflected wide and then poked out front by Pouliot.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Weird game. Didn't like the unallowed goal because Gallagher was clearly pushed into Scrivens. Overall the referees had too much to say in the results to my liking.

Montreal clearly had the puck possession advantage during the game but couldn't get a shot on net. The first two lines were kind of meh except for Galchenyuk who missed a couple a chances.

Edmonton got some lucky bounces but played well enough to keep the Canadiens on the outside most of the game.

Great game by Beaulieu and Emelin.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
4. Before Montreal lost in Edmonton Monday night, one scout was asked why the Canadiens started 7-1. “You mean besides Carey Price?” Well, yes, that. “They force you to play at a pace faster than most teams want.”

From Elliotte Friedman's 30 thoughts. Hopefully MT actually puts in Sekac and Bournival so we can keep being a fast team that's not slowed down by guys like Bourque and Prust

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
This is so obviously a game where the puck wasn't rolling for us from the very start. The multiple penalties, the unallowed goal.

I didn't feel the habs played a bad game. But with the luck we've had since the begining of the season, we were bound to have this kind of loss at one point of another.

This is a textbook example of a game we should just forget about and move on.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
From Elliotte Friedman's 30 thoughts. Hopefully MT actually puts in Sekac and Bournival so we can keep being a fast team that's not slowed down by guys like Bourque and Prust

Yeah I'd like to see Sekac and Bournival in for Bourque and Moen tonight and play on the 3rd line with Eller. Have Manny-Prust-Weise playing on the 4th. Also have Tinordi back in.

DogsFan*

Can't believe reading some of the posts on the Edmonton boards. Win 4 straight in October and suddenly you've catapulted from the ********* team in the league to one of the leagues best. Their 4 wins come against East teams on Western road trips, where we all know the east team is at a disadvantage. They actually believe they beat us handedly last night.. meanwhile the Habs actually dominated puck possession at ES from the second period and on.. I guess its easy to forget what winning is like.. :shakehead

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We got shut out by a lottery team coaches by Eakins with Scrivens in net.

That's not excusable. We are not being ridiculous for being mad at a loss like that. Bad teams win but getting shut out and looking awful is not acceptable.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Can't believe reading some of the posts on the Edmonton boards. Win 4 straight in October and suddenly you've catapulted from the ********* team in the league to one of the leagues best. Their 4 wins come against East teams on Western road trips, where we all know the east team is at a disadvantage. They actually believe they beat us handedly last night.. meanwhile the Habs actually dominated puck possession at ES from the second period and on.. I guess its easy to forget what winning is like.. :shakehead

Edmonton could clearly win the East with that team! :amazed:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
From WTK's 30 thoughts I hope we can learn how to double shift someone other than DD and a fourth liner.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012

It's funny Edmonton fans on hfboards are the most obsessed with "Western superiority" of any group even though their team itself has been the joke of the league for a decade. As if being in the west conf somehow invalidates all the suck.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's funny Edmonton fans on hfboards are the most obsessed with "Western superiority" of any group even though their team itself has been the joke of the league for a decade. As if being in the west conf somehow invalidates all the suck.

Could they Take the Leafs in seven?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
So it seems the new strategy for dmen these days is to push opposing players into their own goalies to negate goals.
I thought that was a bad call, but BGally has a bit of a reputation of being in the crease...so...
Also thought for sure BP was offside on his goal late in the 1st...

Can't win em all guys...let's see what happens tonight!! I see a much better effort...

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I thought that was a bad call, but BGally has a bit of a reputation of being in the crease...so...
Also thought for sure BP was offside on his goal late in the 1st...

Can't win em all guys...let's see what happens tonight!! I see a much better effort...

Pierre McGuire just agreed on TSN690 that he thought it was a bad call on the no goal saying the Hab was pushed in.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
We got shut out by a lottery team coaches by Eakins with Scrivens in net.

That's not excusable. We are not being ridiculous for being mad at a loss like that. Bad teams win but getting shut out and looking awful is not acceptable.

Relax, Gaspar-Melchior-Balthsar, if there's any team the Habs might lose to without damaging themselves, it's the Oilers. All they lost is a GIH, Besides, the Oilers were on a small winning streak, so the Habs weren't their only recent victims. If they had lost to the Bruins or Lightning it wouldn't be a disgrace but it would be damaging,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad