HABS from hero to zero !!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Count me among those who think we're a really good team going through a bad stretch. Injuries have hurt us but even with that our shooting percentage is like 4 percent now. That's ridiculous.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Count me among those who think we're a really good team going through a bad stretch. Injuries have hurt us but even with that our shooting percentage is like 4 percent now. That's ridiculous.

Not sure it's a bad stretch. When i watch the games it looks more like a bunch of players who decided to quit on the coach to me.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

This looks like a team that's quit on the coach, not a bad stretch.

Still, when you look at this roster with an unbiased view on paper, we're still extremely weak in the top-six and everything Bergevin has tried to do to fill that hole has been a bust because of the way he goes about it.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
Montreal with Price=Hero
Montreal Priceless= Zero
It is what it is, and now that it is exposed what is the best option for the owners.
My opinion is clean out the house of cards Bergevin built,which of course would include Bergevin himself.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
The coach has lost the room
It's quite telling when its the youth who are the only ones scoring for you
The vets are mailing it in until Therrien is gone
Therrien has a finite shelf life and the expiry date passed

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Not sure it's a bad stretch. When i watch the games it looks more like a bunch of players who decided to quit on the coach to me.

Of course it does......:shakehead

Has nothing to do with putrid shooting percentage and piss poor goaltending (mind you Condon played a good game vs Caps)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Still, when you look at this roster with an unbiased view on paper, we're still extremely weak in the top-six and everything Bergevin has tried to do to fill that hole has been a bust because of the way he goes about it.
Our top six could definitely use some work. Totally agree and I've ripped MB on this in the past.

That being said, the way we've played there's no way we should be one win in our last 11.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yes and no. Prince alone doesn't explain the 1-9. It could explain 3-7 or maybe even 2-8 but certainly not 1-9. There's something else going on and i don't think it's just bad luck.

Price is the best in the league and the Condon Tokarski duo is the worst pair in the league. That's in part why we're doing so badly, if we had Reimer, or any of the middle of the pack goalies, we'd most certainly have done better. But we have who we have so not much we can do about it

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Our top six could definitely use some work. Totally agree and I've ripped MB on this in the past.

That being said, the way we've played there's no way we should be one win in our last 11.

Totally agree, especially on Bergevin, I've been a huge supporter of his but something has to be done when it comes to the top 6. Doesn't have to sell the farm but sacrificing a few pigs would go a long way in helping our offence.

djyr2002

Dec 27, 2015
its a total shame that they won so much a season start, now that price is out ( thats not a reason or a excuse) then lead goalie went to Condon, wich did very awsome for a rookie goaltender, and to keep thet winning strike alive, wich was a big big sudden challenge but of course you cant be unbeated forever. so now it long losing strike so now its all about who gonna pay the price: exchange mista PK who has nothin else better to do doing stupid selfies and sending challenges to politicians in social media, so now its who's face is beeing laughed? its clearly meant to say: he dont care to help his team on the ice were its desperatly needed , so now he runs his own show on the media and be a star else were since he is unable to be the star were he is suppsoe to be and actually help the team and score some usefull goals. the coach's head is starting to be a very bright target, but it would be very useless to change coach since top team scorer dont play anymore.. so Price was clearly theyre leader on the ice, so now there is no more leader protecting the net. Its to bad for Condon that is at the mercy of non existing teammates who are unwilling to have his back and is let loose to win by himself.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
What happened, not so long ago we were the hottest team in the league and now if things don't get better, we may not make the playoffs !

Too many bad brain cramps turnovers, good opposite performances, lack of opportunism, lack of key saves, sub ,900 goaltending, bad luck, snakebitten as hell on the offensive side, all that leading to confidence issues that get the team dig deeper and being more predictable. There is also leadership issue on this team, in part due to the absence of Price and Gallagher in the room and on the ice. Combine all that and you have there the ingredients for that terrible slump.
The only way to get out of that is to keep head high, support your teammates, try to keep believing in yourself and keep working hard. In many of the last 12 games, if they could have score instead of being robbed, hitting a skate or a post in the first period, things could have been a complete different story. Confidence is a huge part of a winning team, and sometime it takes only a break to get things back on track.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Price is the best in the league and the Condon Tokarski duo is the worst pair in the league. That's in part why we're doing so badly, if we had Reimer, or any of the middle of the pack goalies, we'd most certainly have done better. But we have who we have so not much we can do about it

Even Price would be hard pressed to win with so little support on both offense and defense. Do you expect miracles from Condon and Tokarski? Condon played a really good game against he Caps but was not rewarded for it. If he were as bad as you say, Ovechkin would have scored five goals...but had none. The Habs could use more goals for and less pressure against. Should they be counting on goals from the likes of Carr, Byron, and Andrighetto to avoid being shut out? Have you noticed that Subban has scored ONE goal this season? Or that Gallagher isn't in the lineup? Or that the expected contributions from Kassian and Semin haven't materialized? Or that the first line hasn't clicked? Or that the D is worse than it was last season? Obviously you haven't seen any of it but are fixated on scapegoats for whom you have no affection. Imagine yourself in their place. You would faint, or at least brown your underwear.

Last edited:

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site

Way to many reclaimation projects, Briere, Paranteau, Semin, Kassian and now Scrivens. What a joke of a franchise.All this without solving the problem at Center or wing to go along with a crappy coach.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don't think the players quit on the coach. Most players are not that confident that they can afford to quit.

I do think that MT's ability to adjust to other teams and their adjustments to the Habs is the biggest issue.

The one line that worked well was the DD-Weise-Flash line- he dismantled it.

Andrighetto got Galchenyuk out of his funk- he dismantled that line and sat Andrighetto.

He plays 4th liners like Byron top 6 minutes, totally illogical.

Carr is the one bright spot who probably has earned a spot in the top 12 long term but I predict he is scratched in the next 3-4 games and back in the AHL by mid January.
MT has not lost the team, he has lost his mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad