Proposal: Habs-Flyers prospect swap

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t do this as Philadelphia but come on lol. You can’t just name every forward you’ve drafted in the last 3-4 years and say “they’re all coming”
You missed the entire point.

The OP said the Flyers need young forwards with top 6 potential. I showed that for the next 4 years, there is not even a top 6 winger spot available since Giroux, JVR, Voracek and Konecny have those spots locked up. And even then, it's Giroux who's contract ends first. Do we see him not re-signing?

Then on top of those 4, they have Lindblom, Allison, Farabee, O'Brien and Ratcliffe who definitely all have top 6 upside as wingers.

Then all the other guys are just "safety in numbers". Of course some won't hit, but hell, they don't need to because others will. And yes I listed a bunch of names but have had good post draft years except Laberge and Rubstov who have disappointed. There are a bunch of 40 goal scorers, PPG guys and former WJC in that group. We don't have close to enough room for them all, let alone adding Scherbak to that group.

Oh...and we still have Frost, Vorobyev at C to add to that prospect group who will slide nicely behind Couturier and Patrick who are locked up for at least 4 years.

It's just a deal that makes no sense for Philly.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Also, looking at Montreal's right side, who is there? It looks like it's:

Gallagher
Scherbak
Byron??
McCarron??

Honestly, looking at capfriendly, that could be the right side. Are they missing someone?

Whereas in Philly:

Voracek
Konecny
Simmonds

Who needs Scherbak more?

Reactions: captainpaxil

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Gallagher
Scherbak
Byron??
McCarron??

Honestly, looking at capfriendly, that could be the right side. Are they missing someone?

Whereas in Philly:

Voracek
Konecny
Simmonds

Who needs Scherbak more?

Agree with this. Though i think Drouin can play on the right as well as the left, if the Habs arent hell bent on playing him at center again (which im assuming is the case).

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Yeah it's ok. I don't think it's a good fit from our side either! Even tho we have a lot of depth on the wings too, I think our Right side is a bit thin and Sherbak is probably the best option long term after Gallagher.

With Pacioretty likely being dealt, there should be room up front in Montreal for young players like Scherbak to get a legit shot.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

Gallagher
Scherbak
Byron??
McCarron??

Whereas in Philly:

Voracek
Konecny
Simmonds

Who needs Scherbak more?

Armia will be there. Lehkonen can also play RW if needed.

But you are right. There is actually room in Montreal for Scherbak to compete for a spot. Given that Montreal looks to be rebuilding you have to think that Byron will be moved at some point this season as well given that he's UFA.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Armia will be there. Lehkonen can also play RW if needed.

But you are right. There is actually room in Montreal for Scherbak to compete for a spot. Given that Montreal looks to be rebuilding you have to think that Byron will be moved at some point this season as well given that he's UFA.
Ahh...forgot about Armia. When I was looking at Capgeek, they didn't even list him and everyone else is listed as LW. Honestly, it's crazy to look at Montreal's forwards and see so much...meh.

Montreal really needs to keep any player they have that has any upside. Only having 2 guys break 50 points...and one got traded....not good.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
With Pacioretty likely being dealt, there should be room up front in Montreal for young players like Scherbak to get a legit shot.

Right no, excluding Pacioretty, we have Domi, Lekhonen, Gallagher, Hudon, Armia, Shaw, Byron, Deslauriers and Sherbak... considering our Centers are Drouin, Plekanec, Danault, DeLaRose, Peca

Shaw should start the year on the LTIR, so he should start the year on the team. I expect Mccarron and Rychel to go through waivers and play in Laval.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad