GDT: Habs @ Flyers Oct 11 2014 7pm CITY/TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
That Flyers line up doesn't look too great. After the first two lines you have nothing Lecavalier and Umberger and a couple scrubs. Their D looks even worse.

Yes well, this is precisely the kind of team that can hurt just by being underestimated, so lets not jump the gun just yet.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Yes well, this is precisely the kind of team that can hurt just by being underestimated, so lets not jump the gun just yet.

You have to think that the flyers will be hungry for a win after losing first two and that the habs won't be too desperate for a win after winning first two. Then consider that it will be our 3rd game in 4 nights, and Price might not be 100%...I'd not bet money on this one, one way or another.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Anyway, the C-LW pairings are pretty much set so the RWs will be slotted anywhere on the top 3 lines to shake things up when needed.

Crying about Parenteau getting 15 minutes or 19 is ridiculous IMO.

I think it's ridiculous to write off / immediately dislike a proven vet, albeit on his decline, immediately not even a dozen games in the season. PAP is a direct upgrade over Gionta and Briere, and Im glad we have him onboard.

That said im not against putting Sekac higher in the depth chart, Im just finding it ridiculous the people that pretend it was the OBVIOUS thing to do and shouldve been done earlier.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
You have to think that the flyers will be hungry for a win after losing first two and that the habs won't be too desperate for a win after winning first two. Then consider that it will be our 3rd game in 4 nights, and Price might not be 100%...I'd not bet money on this one, one way or another.

Agreed, habs have to be ready for a hard battle tonight.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You guys are so bad at your pathetic attempts at hockey knowledge.

Who'd have put a guy that scored 14 goals in the KHL, albeit younger, higher in the depth chart than say, a guy who scored multiple 60 points seasons in the NHL.

14 goals.

And you really thought he'd be a top 6 solution ? Oh really ? :yo:

Fellow,
These are very minor obvious observations.
They have absolutely nothing to do with Hockey Knowledge.
The coaching staff are still evaluating what we have in Sekac.
Personally i think Sekac is a better LW than RW.
I'm not sure why your posts are ALWAYS aggressive but you need to chill.
You would be better off quick posting as opposed to quote posting until your diplomacy improves. :help:

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Fellow,
These are very minor obvious observations.
They have absolutely nothing to do with Hockey Knowledge.
The coaching staff are still evaluating what we have in Sekac.
Personally i think Sekac is a better LW than RW.
I'm not sure why your posts are ALWAYS aggressive but you need to chill.
You would be better off quick posting as opposed to quote posting until your diplomacy improves. :help:

So it's irritating that I dont drink the hateaquebecer coolaid?

Gotcha.

Now back to the actual convo.

Sekac 14 KHL goals shouldve been obviously in the top 6 and not 60 NHL points Parenteau.

Obviously.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Gotcha.

Sekac 14 KHL goals shouldve been obviously in the top 6 and not 60 NHL points Parenteau.

:laugh::laugh:
Scenario...
MB has a chance to win the cup.
Unfortunately to do so we can only keep 1 Quebec born player Bournival.
Do we make the moves neccessary to win the Cup?
Or do we simply stop drinking your fantasy Kool-Aid?

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007

Gotcha.

Obviously.

I've been thinking since the PAP trade that he shouldn't play on the 1st line. But it's not a matter of how many points he had in the past, but the fact that DD needs someone to help him down low in the offensive zone and also a net presence. That's not PAP game. I also thought PAP would be more useful as a playmaker on the Pleky line or Eller line.

As far as Sekac is concerned, the hype at this point is indeed ridiculous. The guy will need time to adjust to the NHL. Yes he's big and can skate, but that's pretty much all he does right now. He'll need time.

I'm more than happy to see Gallagher back on the 1st line. As for PAP, I hope he can bring what's been lacking on the Eller line.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
I for one won't care a bit if PAP plays on the third line if it means we can roll 3 productive scoring lines. I don't know how good he's going to be for us during the course of this year but for the first two games I'm actually quite surprised. I was expecting another Bourque, but he's a genuine top-6 player.

Smokies430

Nov 21, 2009
thank you Rogers and Shaw. Shaw doesn't carry CITY in my area and gamecenterlive is not carrying tonite's Habs game either. Hope someone comes up with a stream for me!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Let's not act as if we didn't got our victories by the skin of our teeth, tho ;)

If you recall We were rowing our merry way last year in the same fashion.
(still not sure how we won some of those)
You actually felt obliged to create a ROW song down the stretch.

PKTrollBan never question my memory. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Umberger with a hat-trick tonight. First goal deflects off his helmet, second hits the glass behind price, then bounces on net, before hitting Price's leg, then post, then passed the goal line.

Third goal will be a slapshot from Del Zotto from behind his goaltender, hitting Umberger on a linechange, which will inevitably find its way behind Price.

4-3 Flyers.

mechantmardi

Apr 15, 2010
Montreal
Umberger with a hat-trick tonight. First goal deflects off his helmet, second hits the glass behind price, then bounces on net, before hitting Price's leg, then post, then passed the goal line.

Third goal will be a slapshot from Del Zotto from behind his goaltender, hitting Umberger on a linechange, which will inevitably find its way behind Price.

4-3 Flyers.

bold prediction.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I for one won't care a bit if PAP plays on the third line if it means we can roll 3 productive scoring lines. I don't know how good he's going to be for us during the course of this year but for the first two games I'm actually quite surprised. I was expecting another Bourque, but he's a genuine top-6 player.

80 games left...
Like Bourky no one ever said anything about talent.
The inconsistency is what scares people off loving this guy.
Hopefully RB and PAP can slap each other around a bit before games to make sure they are ready.
We finally saw some offensive potential out of our 3rd when they were paired on the wings...

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Emelin out tonight with both Beaulieu and Tinordi in the lineup. Should be a good test for the youngsters. This could be Tinordi's chance to prove his worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad