Post-Game Talk: Habs flushed by Oilers, Lose 6-2

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
They haven't had a good team in a long time, but one thing that 13 team wasn't, was a team built on elite goaltending. Price really struggled that year.
True. Plus the collapse (that we would be witness too again and again) was in top form after 35-40 game mark. Had it been an 82 game schedule Habs likely would have missed the play offs.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
when you have a good balanced team, you don't need a star goalie, or one player, to save you every game....i believe the leafs are now 6-0 without matthews in the lineup
Yes, and have a winning record with their number one goalie on the bench watching.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
True. Plus the collapse (that we would be witness too again and again) was in top form after 35-40 game mark. Had it been an 82 game schedule Habs likely would have missed the play offs.
A short season in a one conference league does weird things. Montreal finishes second in the conference, Toronto makes the playoffs, and players win trophies.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Very true. Bell had already increased my satellite TV bill twice this year ($3 in Feb and $3 in Oct) so they're not getting another cent out of me right now. I'll likely downgrade on what I have now to cut my price back down until the next price increase which will likely be coming again in early 2018. And Bell and the other Canadian Telecom's wonder why Canadians are cutting the cord. The product is overpriced and constantly increasing fees just drives more and more to do so.

Well the reality is the government made their own bed when they decided to let fido get purchased, leaving only rogers telus and bell

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
A short season in a one conference league does weird things. Montreal finishes second in the conference, Toronto makes the playoffs, and players win trophies.
ha! and MB / MT tandem get extended. Then set the big plan in motion to slowly build toward......drum solo.....wait for it........a lottery team.! :laugh:

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
The mercenary like you just called him was our most skilled and hardest working player. He actually performed and didn’t sit on his ass like half of the players on this team. Not his fault that Dallas threated him like a high end talent and that Bergevin thought he was a dime a dozen player.

the only time he was out " best " player is in the playoffs where we got bounced in the first round and he only had to beat 67 ( and lets face it how hard is that ?). As for hardest working player. 11 says hi.

and you are right mercernaries actually honor their contracts. He played for us to wipe the STINK off of him with the idea that if it wasn't another nashville dumpster fire he could parlay that into his last big contract. He WAS going to test the UFA waters as soon as the ink on his one year deal was dry.

He was not kovalev, he played for us for one season where he was going to test the UFA market and played well, better than I though he would. But he wasn't our best player in the regular season ( patches was) and IF he was out best forward in the playoffs. it was for what a scant 3-4 games ?

That's not the resume of legends for the montreal canadiens. he was a good player who left, the pining for him now is ridiculous as his " not sitting on his ass" meant that he was oft gassed and that contract is going to be an freaking albatross. not if, when.

i'd like to have him this season, sure. but at the end of that contract ?????? oooof !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad