Post-Game Talk: Habs fight hard, but lose to Florida and Chiarot

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Because you should not be satisfied with defeat. You can t contend when you re losing, you show you can contend by winning games ;)
Half of the lineup is AHLers. Players know that. This is a very sub par lineup playing the top team in the league.
Guys feel good now about themselves. They are playing around .500 lately and the Bell Centre is fun again!
Guys know they will finish bottom-3.
Plus they are seeing the kids grow even more.
They also probably like the way the organisation is going right now.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Because you should not be satisfied with defeat. You can t contend when you re losing, you show you can contend by winning games ;)

I mean, let's not forget that the skill level on this team is still very low. Only difference is now they're being coached and supported by someone who knows what he's doing and how to get the most out of them. The games are always close and they’re playing inspired hockey despite their limitations, they have every right to be proud imo.

No one cares about the record at this point, the important thing is that they're competing hard every night. The culture change is apparent.

Last edited:

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Half of the lineup is AHLers. Players know that. This is a very sub par lineup playing the top team in the league.
Guys feel good now about themselves. They are playing around .500 lately and the Bell Centre is fun again!
Guys know they will finish bottom-3.
Plus they are seeing the kids grow even more.
They also probably like the way the organisation is going right now.
I agree and I am happy for them as is any Habs fan, just saying you don t say that if you don t win IMO. Just a small thing, I just find it weird.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
TOI:

Suzuki - 23:26
Caufield - 20:02
R. Pitlick - 21:04
Evans - 15:02
Romanov - 22:52
Pezzetta - 5:40 (and still had the most hits tonight with 6)
That’s how you build a young nucleus. Kids will make mistake. But they are the heart and soul of what will be this team over the next decade, adding on good prospects. Play them! Kudos to the coach.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Pretty good game overall, Panthers just too quick and talented.

It's too bad they didn't fire Burrows to fix the PP yet.
You know what... his position is hard to fill but is very needed to fill the potential like you say

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Don t really like a statement like that when you lose and are 4 3 3 over the last 10.

We're not an elite team.

But we're going in the right direction and playing well for what we have.

Still we need to add to this core if we're going to not just "be in the game", yet clearly deserve to lose the game.

There should be asome good young pieces on the way, but not enough I don't think, especially at forward. We've got to add young pieces, and use our vets in trades, to do so.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Remember when we had players not coming to the rink for 3 weeks because they cut a toe nail too short? Excuses to not come and play because no one felt good about their game and their management was the douchebag version of Dumb and Dumber?

Let them think they are hot shit and have fun, they will actually build a future for themselves this way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad