Habs fans reaction in case of Nordiques return.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Are you being serious right now? You honestly think an anglophone coach who can't speak in French would be hired in la vieille capitale?

Nope, but that's because I think there's enough quality french speaking coaches to fill that position. However, if their head coaching job was vacant and a Babcock type would become available, I don't see why they wouldn't pursue him, unless, as I said, you're talking about owners like PKP.

But you're probably right, no way in hell they wouldn't hire a french coach.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I'd love to have them back.

Only downside is all those wannabe "turned Bruins fans" will be even more obnoxious than they already are.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Mixed feelings because I feel like it would destroy the Quebec Remparts. I feel like losing the Rempart would be a massive blow to the QMJHL in general.

On an NHL level it would be super exciting to see them back tho.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I'd love to have them back. Also they can take back all their ****** fans that polluted the habs fan base for the last 20 years.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The rivalry? Yes!

The possibility of having the intense media pro-quebec pressure relieved a bit? Yes!

The strong possibility of having nordiques fans, who became Bruins fans, become some kind of disgusting unholy hybrid? No. No thank you.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Instant team to hate. What's not to like about that? More games to be excited to watch.

Reactions: jj cale

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I grew up a Nordiques fans until my family moved from Quebec city to Montréal in 1993. I was devastated when they moved in 1995. I want them back badly but somehow I feel like I would cheer for both the habs and the nords. I would also love to see the rivalry back.

Joey

Jul 17, 2004
Ontario
We have the Battle of Alberta, the Battle of Ontario... let's bring back the Battle of Quebec.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I grew up a Nordiques fans until my family moved from Quebec city to Montréal in 1993. I was devastated when they moved in 1995. I want them back badly but somehow I feel like I would cheer for both the habs and the nords. I would also love to see the rivalry back.

Impossible. Guaranteed a polarizing event will occur that would force you to choose a side. Running Price would be an example.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
We'd finally have a team where we could dump our "(petits)gars de chez nous".

I'd imagine they would gladly welcome a trade for a NHL superstar like DD. Face of the franchise and all that.

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
I know there's this huge expansion process and I don't want to go into the possibility or plausibility of the Nordiques coming back.

But let's say they do.

What would be the reaction of the hans fanbase? Surely maybe some would migrate to the new team. I don't know how many ex-Nords are now habs fans here, but I assume these people exist and would go back to the flock.

Would you root for both teams? Or hate them viscerally even before they first meet?

For me, and grew up in Quebec and my father was a Nords fan (back then I didn't really cared about hockey), so I must say I have mixed feelings. One one side I love the habs, on the other, I couldn't see myself raining on the parade of a Nordiques comeback story.

Honestly my reaction, and I hate to say it, is will they take Desharnais from us.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
It would be great to have them back. I'm sure there are posters here who don't even remember the rivalry. Heck, I'm only old enough to remember the 90s myself, but there was something special about it.... Even if I lived nowhere near the province of Quebec.

You'll hate them, but its good to have teams to hate.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I honestly couldn't care less. It wouldn't affect my life at all. If they come back cool, if they don't so what.

In the case they do come back though, please take Therrien and "da grin' " with them.

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
I'm too young to have been a part of the rivalry but Forsberg and Roy :)() are in my top 5 favorite players of all time. I would probably watch the Nords one or two seasons before I get pissed off at their team/fans.

I will always be a Habs fan, but I think at first curiosity would make the Nordiques my clear 2nd favorite team.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
Trade the first overall pick for Lecavalier, sign St Louis out of retirement, sign Vermetter for 20 years and trade for DD.

The Bordiques

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I'm down. I think having a nordiques team would remove some of the media intensity around the Habs. Also, the rivalry could get intense.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Trade the first overall pick for Lecavalier, sign St Louis out of retirement, sign Vermetter for 20 years and trade for DD.

The Bordiques

Would this be any worse than the Habs the last few seasons - signed a 38 year old Bouillon, signed a 37 year old Briere, signed DD at any age, traded for PAP at any age...both franchises will be guilty of wanting hometown talent even if they hurt the teams chances of winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad