Habs Eastern Conference W-L Breakdown

BJG

Jul 30, 2005
By my count, we are 33-2-2 against 11 teams in the conference but only 2-9-2 against the Bolts, Sens and Sabres(?!)
I believe we can take TB and Ottawa in a series, but I'd rather not have to. You have to figure if we can duck those teams - looks like the Sens may not make it - we have a really good shot at advancing, though the Rags are much scarier now than when we played them earlier in the year. Still, when you look at that first number, the dominance is pretty amazing.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
The good news?
Ottawa isn't a lock for the playoffs.
Tampa Bay doesn't have the playoff experience right now, and even if they win their first round, they'll be worn down. They'll play Detroit, Washington or Boston. 3 tiring teams to play against.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
i wanna finish 2nd so we can play vs Detroit. Ottawa plays really well against us and we'd come out banged up after a series vs Boston. Detroit is a soft team and they have weak goaltending/dmen.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Thats an incredible record against those 11 teams. So basically we just have to worry about TB?

Even if Ottawa sneaks in I don't consider them a threat.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
Although I think we beat boston, it'll be a 7 game series prob with some injuries or at the very least they'll beat the **** out of each other.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Although I think we beat boston, it'll be a 7 game series prob with some injuries or at the very least they'll beat the **** out of each other.

You never know against Boston.
Always a tough match-up. Rivalry + their young guns bringing it ATM.

However I can see us butchering their defense in the postseason if we meet them in the first round.

NHLcrazy

Feb 28, 2002
Montreal
Like I said the best case scenario for the Habs is to finish 2nd in the division (which will likely happen) and play the Red Wings; a good team but struggling this past few weeks.

Let the lightning finish first and face the Capitals, I think the Caps can beat them.

Sure a 2nd round series vs the Caps would be hard but there is no way we win 4 games in 7 vs lightning, I just don't see that happening.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I want a Habs/Bruins matchup in the first round. Screw the Sens.

Shawarma*

Ottawa won't make the playoffs. Tampa Bay is clearly better than us right now.

But you don't win the Cup by going through bad teams. Eventually, you have to play someone good.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Ottawa won't make the playoffs. Tampa Bay is clearly better than us right now.

But you don't win the Cup by going through bad teams. Eventually, you have to play someone good.

There's no bad team in the playoffs. You always play someone good, but there are definitely better matchups. The Habs better wish Tampa gets eliminated before they reach them.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Detroit has no goalie. Jimmy Howard... dude had something wrong because he sucks....

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Although we could beat either the Wings or Bruins, I rather play the Wings since it's been an eternity since they faced each other in the PO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad