Prospect Info: Habs Development Camp 2014

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Yeah, he is older, for sure.. but hey, Gadoury scored a lot of goals in the regular season and play-offs for the Mooseheads.. He has some talent, can't hurt to take an extended look at him.

I'm happy we invited Gadoury, hey I wanted him in the 7th round. But Audette is clearly a better prospect to me. If he keeps on improving in the future as he did last year, we picked up a steal in the 5th.

Last edited:

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
I'm happy we invited Gadoury, hey I wanted him in the 7th round. But Audette is clearly a better prospect to me. If he keeps on improving in the future as he did last year, we picked up a steal in the 5th.

But he's a midget so he can't possibly ever improve or make the NHL because nobody under 6'2 and 250 lbs has

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Seems that we invited Marc-Olivier Crevier from the Olympiques. Never really was interested in him. Nothing to see prospect. But will re-assess when I'll see him. Still with so many interesting names....that's coming out of left field....yet again. That type of day.

That's actually the guy I was really happy to see amongst our invites. Chip on his shoulder + don't forget that was only his first "half" year in the Q. Ahead of Beauregard at the same age except positionning, especially as far as speed is concerned. Beauregard got invited by the Bruins.

Of course, Goulet is the best player at this point. Should really, really have been drafted.

Imama is.... interesting. Shouldn't have been invited on play alone, but he really progressed in the last year. My guess is they're keying on that progression.

Gadoury isn't bad, but I don't really like him. Didn't see him THAt much though.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Happy that Goulet and Gadoury have been invited, especially Goulet. Imama and Crevier are very 'meh'... hope Wolff, Mangiapane, Clarke, Baillie and Prophet are invited too. Oh, and Daniel Muzito Bagenda... and perhaps Tyler Hill and Gustav Rydahl...

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Also, I believe the NCAA kids have to make it on their own to those camps, so that certainly makes the pool smaller. I'm not sure if it's the same for USHL/Junior A kids who want to attend the american college system though. Would it affect their NCAA eligibility to accept to get to an NHL camp with their plane tickets / hotel / food paid?

The rule for NCAA players has to do to with the kids getting what the NCAA considers compensation, so they are forced to pay their own way so that they aren't seen by the NCAA as getting money to play. The rule is the same for current NCAA players and all incoming players as it would affect their NCAA eligibility but both sides are aware of the issues so I'm sure they would know they can't offer plane tickets/hotel.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
The rule for NCAA players has to do to with the kids getting what the NCAA considers compensation, so they are forced to pay their own way so that they aren't seen by the NCAA as getting money to play. The rule is the same for current NCAA players and all incoming players as it would affect their NCAA eligibility but both sides are aware of the issues so I'm sure they would know they can't offer plane tickets/hotel.

Okay thanks.

What I meant by that is that it might hurt our case with some players, especially Americans who have to make their to the camp on their own. A kid from Mass or RI would probably chose Boston before Montréal due to the fact that it's closer

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
[size=+3] Habs Development Camp invites

:habs
[/size]

[size=+1]Forwards[/size]

Pos | Name | Team | League | GP | G | A | P | PIM | +/- | Birthyear | Height | Weight
F|Sam Anas|Quinnipiac Univ.|NCAA|40|22|21|43|14|+9|1993-06-01|5'8''|150
C|Dylan Corson|Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds|OHL|32|4|8|12|15|-1|1994-03-01|5'11''|190
C|Philippe Gadoury|Halifax Mooseheads|QJMHL|19|20|6|26|12|+21|1994-02-14|5'11''|172
C|Alexandre Goulet|Charlottetown Islanders|QJMHL|66|26|22|48|26|+1|1996-04-05|5'11''|190
C|Matthew Highmore|Saint John Sea Dogs|QJMHL|68|19|31|50|62|-13|1996-02-27|5'11''|172
LW|Bokondji Imama|Baie-Comeau Drakkar|QJMHL|59|7|8|15|101|+14|1996-08-03|6'0''|207

[size=+1]Defensemen[/size]

Pos | Name | Team | League | GP | G | A | P | PIM | +/- | Birthyear | Height | Weight
LHD|Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin|Gatineau Olympiques|QJMHL|48|1|13|14|29|-1|1996-04-22|6'0''|185

[size=+1]Playoffs stats[/size]

Pos | Name | Team | League | GP | G | A | P | PIM | +/-
C|Dylan Corson|Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds|OHL|9|1|1|2|0|+1
C|Philippe Gadoury|Halifax Mooseheads|QJMHL|16|12|13|25|4|+1
C|Alexandre Goulet|Charlottetown Islanders|QJMHL|4|1|3|4|4|-4
LHD|Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin|Gatineau Olympiques|QJMHL|8|0|2|2|4|+7
LW|Bokondji Imama|Baie-Comeau Drakkar|QJMHL|13|0|4|4|14|+4

Analyzer*

So, we're not going to invite anyone with, you know... Size to see if we can get a little lucky there ?

Analyzer*

Player over 6' can't play hockey :sarcasm:

That is true.

At least Sam Ananas is here. He looks like he could be intriguing. Same with Gaboury. Did he play with Ehlers/Drouin ? That's an impressive goal scoring rate.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
That is true.

At least Sam Ananas is here. He looks like he could be intriguing. Same with Gaboury. Did he play with Ehlers/Drouin ? That's an impressive goal scoring rate.

Mostly with Drouin/Ashley. Sometimes with Drouin/Ehlers.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The list is kinda underwhelming this year, I don't see anyone of them pulling a Lefrebvre/Fournier and getting a contract. Although you never know I guess...

Analyzer*

The list is kinda underwhelming this year, I don't see anyone of them pulling a Lefrebvre/Fournier and getting a contract. Although you never know I guess...

I think as soon as Fournier accepted to come to the habs he was guaranteed a contract.

Would be great if we invited Mads Eller.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'd know we did it in the past.....but it's a development camp. Maybe we should invite guys that are 6'3'' and up but slow skaters and see if they have the technique or the ability to improve their skating. As tons of exercices are about that. And since we cherish big and bigger, well might as well have an idea on those guys also than all the 5'11'' we are inviting and that won't amoutn to anything. Except Gadoury and Goulet as I said before. Highmore also is fine.

But true that I don't expect any contracts at the end of this so far......But I reserve the right to see them at least 2 times to have a final judgment.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Werent those two past their draft eligibility year ? Morin and Imama were 2014 eligible, and as such, I don't expect them to get anything.

Both have decent size and may even gain a few inches at this point. Its also safe to say that they absolutely need those inches to even have the chance of amounting to something.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
[size=+3] Habs Development Camp invites

:habs
[/size]

[size=+1]Forwards[/size]

F|Sam Anas|Quinnipiac Univ.|NCAA|40|22|21|43|14|+9|1993-06-01|5'8''|150
C|Dylan Corson|Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds|OHL|32|4|8|12|15|-1|1994-03-01|5'11''|190
C|Philippe Gadoury|Halifax Mooseheads|QJMHL|19|20|6|26|12|+21|1994-02-14|5'11''|172
C|Alexandre Goulet|Charlottetown Islanders|QJMHL|66|26|22|48|26|+1|1996-04-05|5'11''|190
C|Matthew Highmore|Saint John Sea Dogs|QJMHL|68|19|31|50|62|-13|1996-02-27|5'11''|172
LW|Bokondji Imama|Baie-Comeau Drakkar|QJMHL|59|7|8|15|101|+14|1996-08-03|6'0''|207

[size=+1]Defensemen[/size]

LHD|Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin|Gatineau Olympiques|QJMHL|48|1|13|14|29|-1|1996-04-22|6'0''|185

[size=+1]Playoffs stats[/size]

Pos | Name | Team | League | GP | G | A | P | PIM | +/-
C|Dylan Corson|Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds|OHL|9|1|1|2|0|+1
C|Philippe Gadoury|Halifax Mooseheads|QJMHL|16|12|13|25|4|+1
C|Alexandre Goulet|Charlottetown Islanders|QJMHL|4|1|3|4|4|-4
LHD|Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin|Gatineau Olympiques|QJMHL|8|0|2|2|4|+7
LW|Bokondji Imama|Baie-Comeau Drakkar|QJMHL|13|0|4|4|14|+4

Are any of these players better prospects than Brady Vail?

I haven't seen them play, maybe someone who has seen them play can comment. Just wondering if they are worth a contract, which Brady wasn't.

Also surprised Lukas Sutter got re-drafted but not Brady Vail, any one have info on what Brady did to get blacklisted by the NHL?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Development Camp wishlist

Edwin Minney
Ryan Hitchcock
Dexter Dancs
Karson Kuhlman
Vladimir Tkachev
Nick Wolff
Logan Halladay
Robert Carpenter
Christian Jaros
Dryden Hunt
Chris Wilkie
Alexandre Goulet
Blake Clarke
Henrik Tornqvist
Chase Phelps
Ryan Verbeek
Trevor Moore
Waltteri Hopponen
Kasimir Kaskisuo
Connor Murphy
David Tomasek
Even Allen
Hayden Lavigne
Matthew Mancina
Ken Appleby

I will add a few names for sure...

Tkachev, Goulet, Clarke, Kuhlman, Verbeek, Allen & C.Murphy.

Logan Halladay, Reid Gardiner, Parker Bowles, Adam Helewka, Phillipe Gadouray, Gavin Bayreuther, Dexter Dancs, Alexandre Goulet, Nick Wolff, Darby Llewellyn, Rihards Bukart, Andrew Mangiapane, Tyson Baillie, Luke Philp, Tyler Sheehy, Seamus Malone, Leon Bristedt, Karson Kuhlman, Dylan Gambrell, Arkhip Nekolenko, Ryan Verbeek, Chris Wilkie, Hayden Hodgson, Brandon Prophet, Blake Clarke, Dryden Hunt, Colby Cave, Justin Gutierrez, Zach Bratina, Emil Aronsson, Brandon Robinson, Adam Rockwood, Kasimir Kasikisuo, Dominic Franco, Dominic Zwenger, Brett Boehm, and Marcel Godbout.

Gadouray, Llewellyn, Baillie, Malone, Nekolenko, Hodgson, Prophet, Cave, Aronsson, and Franco.

There are lots of players the Habs could invite, Tkachev, Hodgson and Prophet are 3 I'd really like to see them invite along with Mads Eller & Colby Cave.:nod:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
The kid has magic hands.. Good hockey sense.. Bigger than he's listed height wise.. He can flat out score goals. I like him more than Audette.

You are comparing junior players 2 years apart, that's a big difference at that age.

Plus Gadoury gets to play with Drouin, Ashley, Ehlers etc type players, while Audette's best teammate is Tim Wieser.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You are comparing junior players 2 years apart, that's a big difference at that age.

Plus Gadoury gets to play with Drouin, Ashley, Ehlers etc type players, while Audette's best teammate is Tim Wieser.

I know that Gadoury is 2 years older and has better teammates, Doesn't change the fact I like Gadoury's style of play better. Audette may (he was drafted ahead, obviously) have a higher ceiling as a prospect. I still like Gadoury's game more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad