Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat the Rags at MSG

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Barron had a pretty good game honestly
Xhekaj effective in his 11 minutes too

CC 1g1a 6 shots, I mean what can you say, it's cool having a star on O for once

He's getting some NHL confidence back and I've noticed it as well. He has to keep focusing on playing sound D and picking his spots well to join the rush. There is still untapped potential there.

All the kids were good last night.

Xhekaj, Harris, and Barron were solid on D.

Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Ylonen & Slaf were good up front. Even Pez had a solid game last night.

I'm not very high on Harris but the kid keeps making me take notice. He plays a very mature game and works very hard. Typically in a good position and one of our best skaters on D.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Habs must played good game, Rangers playoff team. Team playing better since Savard came back,bGive up only 2 goals against Isles and Rangers, both playoff teams. The five games or so before that we were giving up like 6 goals a game. Seemed like it anyway. Evans and Slaf started playing better also.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Stupid Rags...
Back to work boys, lose to the Jets, beat the Panthers !!
At this point... beat the jets too. I hate the jets. Habs have given up on the tank so let's go on a winning streak and gets Drouin, Armia and Hoff a lot of points.

A true 4 pts game, it's been a while haha
And it's not even a reverse 4 point game... an actual real 4 point game. Wow.

Aces on the road

Oct 27, 2020
Not good for the tank but the guys deserved the win.
2nd game in less than 24 hours against a hot team. Nobody expected a win.
Monty was fantastic. Happy to see him do well.

CC was great and had quite a lot of energy for a small guy playing his 3rd game in 4 days.

Armia was actually good on the 1st line.

I liked the Drouin-Ylo-Dado line.

Barron is improving.
The Harris of the beginning of the season seems to be back.

Finally it was about time we break the Savard-Eddie pair. It was not working.
Armia just what they need. Suzy do not have to all.

Armia is just what they need. Suzy do not have to do all.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Great game from Montembeault, but let's not kid ourselves he's a future starter. He's a good backup who can give us approx. 30 good/very good games. Our rebuild won't be complete without a guy who can handle the greater load.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Great game from Montembeault, but let's not kid ourselves he's a future starter. He's a good backup who can give us approx. 30 good/very good games. Our rebuild won't be complete without a guy who can handle the greater load.

Agreed. Allen and Monty are good for rebuild/transition years and our team control over them fits that timeline. However, when this team is potentially competing for or cup, neither goalie is likely still with us.

For now, lets target the top 2C and that top pairing RD we need. And we will be taking flyers on goalies with more draft picks. The goalie can be the last piece IMO vs the 1st piece with Price.

Reactions: Lshap

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Ylonen has been one of our best forward since being called back
Yup he just has to remain consistent and he should never see Laval again.

True enough but you don't mind if Sam tries to prove you wrong right? :laugh:

Reactions: Lshap and Runner77

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Montembeault is a keeper for the next rebuilt years. Allen can be traded. I could see Primeau and Monty being equal 50-50 starters. Or sign another goalie in the summer. Allen could bring a 3rd round pick or some interresting prospect ala Heineman. In 3 or 4 years, time to sign a top goalie or a goalie from our systems shows up. Or Montembeault could developp into a solid goalie in his 30s

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
18 and +
il faut le faire avant parce qu'après c'est pendant :naughty:

robert-de-niro-you.gif

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Montembeault is a keeper for the next rebuilt years. Allen can be traded. I could see Primeau and Monty being equal 50-50 starters. Or sign another goalie in the summer. Allen could bring a 3rd round pick or some interresting prospect ala Heineman. In 3 or 4 years, time to sign a top goalie or a goalie from our systems shows up. Or Montembeault could developp into a solid goalie in his 30s
He’s been one of the nicest stories so far this year. His technique last year and every year before that was brutal. So many holes in his game that I didn’t want to resign him at all. But he’s clearly worked very hard on a lot of things. His workload has been fairly light so far. Backup/lb number of starts, but he’s looked very good. It’s to bad it took them too long to find an Allen/Montembault for Price.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
He’s been one of the nicest stories so far this year. His technique last year and every year before that was brutal. So many holes in his game that I didn’t want to resign him at all. But he’s clearly worked very hard on a lot of things. His workload has been fairly light so far. Backup/lb number of starts, but he’s looked very good. It’s to bad it took them too long to find an Allen/Montembault for Price.
Yes and don't forget he receive an amount of shots per games, between 35 to 40, good quality shots. Both him and Allen. The entire defensive system of the Habs are gone. Price in his years had Plekanec or Danault, also Markov, Weber and a good bunch of 3rd line grinders having a defensive mind, with an experienced defensive cioach. All this is gone since last 2 years. Our two goalies are exposed, badly. In reality, it's hard to judge how good they are. I think any of Allen/Monty would look good (second g) in a good team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad