Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat the Jets. No Jet fuel sold at Costco.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Slightly off topic but I went over to the Jets' boards for shiats and giggles just wanting to silently drink some life giving tears and wowie what a shiat hole.

Did not make my presence known though I was steaming. They made several jibes at the French, despite Manitoba's rich French history. They mentioned that article about several young Habs wanting to learn French and some were disgusted by that fact. They made some Asian jokes. They decried the large amount of female hockey commentators. And to finish that off they even posted a meme pic of Greenfield Park's own Steven Crowder.

So general prejudice, racism, misogyny and an alt-right hero. I have to remember this whenever I think OUR boards are toxic...

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Sigh. we are not picking top 5

1674054392772.png

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Now that was an entertaining game,fun! had no need to FFWD through any of it. Crazy what happens when players turn it up a few notches, question though is why? only harming draft position and don't think that they have aspirations of making the playoffs do they? Little late in the day for that. Might help entice a few buyers to gamble on some assets though,don't know. Sammy looks like the real deal and Ylonen looks like an NHL'er and can we dare say,Gallagher may have played his last game with the club. Barron looking better every game is great to see and Dach should stay at center,kind of reminds me of Pete Mahovlich.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Slightly off topic but I went over to the Jets' boards for shiats and giggles just wanting to silently drink some life giving tears and wowie what a shiat hole.

Did not make my presence known though I was steaming. They made several jibes at the French, despite Manitoba's rich French history. They mentioned that article about several young Habs wanting to learn French and some were disgusted by that fact. They made some Asian jokes. They decried the large amount of female hockey commentators. And to finish that off they even posted a meme pic of Greenfield Park's own Steven Crowder.

So general prejudice, racism, misogyny and an alt-right hero. I have to remember this whenever I think OUR boards are toxic...

Honestly, there's some real idiots out there.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
It's pretty funny.

Lose a few, and the narrative that we are in the bedard sweepstakes

Win a couple, and then the narrative shifts to a non top 10 pick.

Look at this roster, look at the injuries.... It would take a minor miracle for this to turn into a outside of top 10 pick.
I mean, just a few weeks away Flordia looked like they were going to fall apart. The season is too long to get too high or low on things. Call me back if we end up going on a 10 game winning streak, then I'll be concerned about the draft ;)

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
We were never going to be 5 because of Columbus season start in addition to the 4 clear tanking teams. We are just bad not terrible and will be rewarded with a good not great pick hopefully between 6 and 8.
Our best hope was and always is the lottery as there are just too many teams blatantly tanking. No way can we catch the likes of Chicago, Arizona, Anaheim, Columbus.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Our best hope was and always is the lottery as there are just too many teams blatantly tanking. No way can we catch the likes of Chicago, Arizona, Anaheim, Columbus.
we are now ahead of f***ing canucks in standings... let that marinate.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
After Jackeye gave it, he followed it up with logo love taps. How can you not love the guy?

Reminding me more and more of Souray...

Some folks are really out to lunch........sad to think in 2023.
It's a hocley board, and some will turn it into something else........it's wrong. Too bad.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
With the 18th overall pick habs are proud to select Connor kareer ehh'H'Eller.
f***in Habs typical. Hate this stupid team with everything I have.
So, you're telling us that after the last 3 decades of franchise sadness, you still haven't jumped on any of the 31 other team's bandwagon even if you hate the Habs?
You know you can just walk away, right?

Reactions: holy

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Can’t wait for our pick that should have been a guaranteed franchise player to be another career 40pt centre

In all fairness can you even imagine living in Manitoba
These people are experiencing true hell every single day

• Haha
Reactions: Gravity

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
I lived in Manitoba , and it's really not that bad at all. Great place for raising a family in suburban towns. As a child growing up there's much to do in the rural outdoors. Lately the downtown core is deteriorating with a rise in crime. The French, in St Boniface have the distinct reputation for speaking both English and French with no accent. Plus I see nothing controversial in their page, mostly regretting the outcome and desire to move onto the next game just as we would do on here.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
So, you're telling us that after the last 3 decades of franchise sadness, you still haven't jumped on any of the 31 other team's bandwagon even if you hate the Habs?
You know you can just walk away, right?
Habs f***in typical buddy. Habs f***in typical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad