6. Gilbert (2.8)
7. Pateryn (562,500K)
8. Tinordi (RFA, was 1,082,500)
9. Dietz (900K)
10. Ellis (575K)
11. Bennett (900K)
12. Lernout (821,67)
13. Thrower (800K)

really like the top 3, after that lots of question marks. If Beaulieu can step up, what happens with Tinordi, can Pateryn build off his solid showing? Will someone be traded?

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Which D-Man is gone?

With Petry signed it looks like one of the defencemen will have to moved. Who do you want to see traded?

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Emelin would probably be shopped but i keep hearing people say lets get rid of Old Man Markov ... ***** we would struggle to make playoffs without him

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I think Emelin is gone due to shedding cap to make room for the Petry deal, and I think Tinordi is traded as a part of package to either move up in the draft or to acquire a skilled top 6 player.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Unless they really need to shed the salary or a team asks for one of them to send the habs a forward, I don't see why anyone has to be traded. The Habs usually keep 8 Ds with the team anyway.

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Gilbert
Tinordi-Pateryn

4 RD and 4 LD. Pateryn might surpass Gilbert, Emelin seems to get injured at least once every year and he sometimes starts his seasons badly so Tinordi will get some playing time.

If you trade a LD, it means Tinordi is in the lineup every night and he hasn't shown he's ready for that yet. If you trade tinordi, who's the next LD on your depth chart? Bennett who's still a couple of seasons away from being NHL ready and then, nobody. If we trade one we need to get another one.

Gilbert might be expendable because we have a lot of RD prospects but they aren't ready either so there's no harm in keep Gilbert around for another year or at least until the deadline.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
None at the present time.

Tinordi starts in STJ. When he recaptures his game, he'll come up and stay which then will force a Dman out. Emelin would be the target. It would be wrong at this point to trade Markov, just plain wrong and would damage the organizations reputation IMO.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Emelin still has a full NTC, just to remind everyone.

That said, there's gotta be a way to convince him the west coast has great weather & beaches.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Unless they really need to shed the salary or a team asks for one of them to send the habs a forward, I don't see why anyone has to be traded. The Habs usually keep 8 Ds with the team anyway.

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Gilbert
Tinordi-Pateryn

4 RD and 4 LD. Pateryn might surpass Gilbert, Emelin seems to get injured at least once every year and he sometimes starts his seasons badly so Tinordi will get some playing time.

If you trade a LD, it means Tinordi is in the lineup every night and he hasn't shown he's ready for that yet. If you trade tinordi, who's the next LD on your depth chart? Bennett who's still a couple of seasons away from being NHL ready and then, nobody. If we trade one we need to get another one.

Gilbert might be expendable because we have a lot of RD prospects but they aren't ready either so there's no harm in keep Gilbert around for another year or at least until the deadline.

If they want to carry 8 D, that's fine but they will need to move PAP either trade in a package or buyout. But I also think they will add more LD depth since we are thin for the AHL next year and only have 5 D signed if the Habs carry 8.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
None at the present time.

Tinordi starts in STJ. When he recaptures his game, he'll come up and stay which then will force a Dman out. Emelin would be the target. It would be wrong at this point to trade Markov, just plain wrong and would damage the organizations reputation IMO.

Tinordi won't clear waivers

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
given that both Petry and Subban are RHD and will eat up lots of minutes, there's really no point in keeping a guy on the bottom pair at close to 3.0M.

Gilbert needs to go, Patteryn can replace him for 12-15 minutes a game.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Petry
Tinordi-Gilbert
Patryn

I think we should move Markov and Emelin. Both have NTC. :S :shakehead

Trade Emelin for a top 6 forward.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Gilbert is paid 2.8!?? Ouch thats a lot for a guy who's going to be 6-7th on the depth chart...

Emelin has more value, which is why he might get traded instead but really, I hope they move Gilbert.

dreamingofdrouin*

Emelin has the offensive IQ of a god damned dump truck and its costing us i cannot count how many times he had opportunities to do something with the puck and just shot at a player or around the boards....a whole ****ing half wall wide open and he just throws it away sick of it...we need beaulieu, tinordi and pateryn in our lineup starting next year, element gone and gilbert can sit

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
Either trade Subban for a good forward and keep everyone else, or trade Gilbert.

Our top 4 is good, it's just that Gilbert is too expensive for a third pair.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
Gilbert is paid 2.8!?? Ouch thats a lot for a guy who's going to be 6-7th on the depth chart...

Emelin has more value, which is why he might get traded instead but really, I hope they move Gilbert.

I'll disagree here. Gilbert has shown to be more than an honest defenceman. And in many regards I would prefer Gilbert over Emelin. It's Emelin at 4M that's the problem.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Emelin have a full NTC for next season. Gilbert will be traded and Bergevin will sign 1 more UFA defenceman at minimum salary like Hunwick to be the 8th defenceman + 2 AHL defenceman.

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn
Tinordi-Hunwick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad