Habs cut staff (Mod warning in OP)

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I guess this is a predictable function of the current situation, but is it ominous that the Habs have "restructured" and cut several employees including long-time Comms director Dominic Saillant?

I'm not sure what to make of it other than I hate seeing people lose jobs. I guess it's Paul Wilson's world now.

edit:

Mod warning: This is not a thread about Marc Bergevin's capabilities as a general manager. Don't turn it into one.

Last edited by a moderator:

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I guess this is a predictable function of the current situation, but is it ominous that the Habs have "restructured" and cut several employees including long-time Comms director Dominic Saillant?

I'm not sure what to make of it other than I hate seeing people lose jobs. I guess it's Paul Wilson's world now.

f***ing hate that word, "restructured."

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

It's only normal for them to cut staff. Not exactly sure what Dominic Saillant was in charge of anyways.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
aKDkNtA.jpg

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

They're blaming it on the pandemic however, if that's the case, why have several employees been permanently let go? Also, why proceed with a restructuring at this time?

There are a bunch of are being let go on a temporary basis but are still getting certain benefits.

There are a bunch others who were let go permanently.

When things resume, they will be restructuring and some may be let go again at that point.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I understand your annoyance with the word but in this case, I think it's fully warranted.
This organization needs a complete restructure. They're bad at pretty much everything. The only thing they're good with is charities/community work, and piggybacking their prestigious history.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if any restructuring was tantamount to moving the deck chairs around on the Titanic.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I understand your annoyance with the word but in this case, I think it's fully warranted.
This organization needs a complete restructure. They're bad at pretty much everything. The only thing they're good with is charities/community work, and piggybacking their prestigious history.

I can’t tell if I’m missing the point completely, or you are.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

They're blaming it on the pandemic however, if that's the case, why have several employees been permanently let go? Also, why proceed with a restructuring at this time?

Rumours say it was a long time coming. Funny thing is they are apparently quite short staffed in many areas. Not uncommon for some of these guys to be working 8 am to 2 am on game days with no overtime. Molson does not believe in paying overtime to anyone. Even f***ing concession staff making $13/h in one of the worst jobs I can imagine. Imagine making minimum and only getting paid for 8 out of 10 hours worked.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Rumours say it was a long time coming. Funny thing is they are apparently quite short staffed in many areas. Not uncommon for some of these guys to be working 8 am to 2 am on game days with no overtime. Molson does not believe in paying overtime to anyone. Even f***ing concession staff making $13/h in one of the worst jobs I can imagine. Imagine making minimum and only getting paid for 8 out of 10 hours worked.
IF that's true, those minimum wage jobs workers should call the Normes du travail.

Reactions: Fenris

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
In what world do people working concessions work for 8 hours? Let's say doors open for an 60 minutes before it starts (90 minutes for some weekend games) and concessions close before the event is over. Let's say employees are required to be there an hour before and after to prep and close up.

It certainly isn't close to 8 hours.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
In what world do people working concessions work for 8 hours? Let's say doors open for an 60 minutes before it starts (90 minutes for some weekend games) and concessions close before the event is over. Let's say employees are required to be there an hour before and after to prep and close up.

I don't know how many hours they work in a shift, it was really just more to illiterate the point of not being paid for all hours worked. It's a notorious problem all across the organization, though since the lawsuit they are better about it.

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009

Not all but plenty of concessions staff work super long days, i worked at the colisee in Quebec city and some had to be there in the morning for deliveries they had to carry and cases of fries to every single location, same thing for bread/sausage cases of water ,pop fountain….Other were stuck in a small room in the basement all day making pop corn cotton candy and bagging it, cooking buckets of gravy……….

Reactions: Le Tricolore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad