Post-Game Talk: Habs crackin' the Kraken 4-2!

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I rather have Pezzetta with his cap hit vs Armia though. Don't hate Armia but it's just more uninspired type play. At least Pezzetta brings energy every shift.
Armia is a much better PKer, and will over a long season provide more offense too. Ignore the cap hit, as we are stuck with it whethr he plays or sits, and with most of it if we demote him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Armia is a much better PKer, and will over a long season provide more offense too. Ignore the cap hit, as we are stuck with it whethr he plays or sits, and with most of it if we demote him.

Agreed that we need to look past the negative value contract with Armia. What's done is done. Just saying I don't think Pezzetta deserves devalue. Don't shoot down players who bust their ass off each and every shift for us. Pezzetta is a great depth guy regardless if he is on the 4th line or watching games.

Reactions: Theodore450

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
So did we get any information about why Xhekaj's use was so low last night? Any of the "reputable" Habs reporters asked that question? I am not impressed. I want to know why my boy isn't getting the ice time he deserves and why scrubs like Wideman and Kova log double the ice time.

Also, it sucks that there isn't a game until Sat. Bleah. What to do now for the next 3 days? Like talk to family?
Hold your tongue and stay out of trouble my friend!

Reactions: The Real Timo

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Just symbolic. But it could be a kick-start for a very good career.
I agree and can guarantee you that there would no good career without a first goal.

Because he’s been pretty bad recently. Kovacevic has been far better.
Kovacevic is slower than all our D except Savard. He coughs up the puck needlessly (like with 5 seconds left in the second period last night, instead of just freezing it along the boards between his skates, and he also makes bad pinches more often than our other guys.

Right now, Kovacevic is our 7th D and Wideman our 8th.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Real Timo

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
I agree and can guarantee you that there would no good career without a first goal.

Kovacevic is slower than all our D except Savard. He coughs up the puck needlessly (like with 5 seconds left in the second period last night, instead of just freezing it along the boards between his skates, and he also makes bad pooinches more oftren than our other guys.

Right now, Kovacevic is our 7th D and Wideman our 8th.
And we all know there's nothing worse that's a bad pooinche 😁

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Armia is not going to be waived. I think he would do a lot better in a dump & chase game, and not the transition, puck control style MSL wants.

Shot is way off right now. He can't hit the net. He seems to be going with a half slapper over his wrister. He has zero control over the slapper. It's wild.

He's still solid on pk, and is coming back to help out the D. He's doing the job on defensive side of the puck he's just awful offensively.

Did armia miss camp as well? The other two guys that didn't make it through camp (matheson and edmundson) have not looked very good either.

I still don't think matheson is moving as well since coming back, and Eddy hasn't been his usual steady self. That could be back related too because eit sure seems like a chronic ailment at this point.

Anyways, it's probably not a coincidence that all three of these guys are not playing their best right now.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
To be fair, 3 of the 4 Hab goals came off Grade A++ scoring chances. Only the first was a bit of puck luck, making it through the screen. And even on that one Kovacevic can be credited with getting off the shot so quickly that Jones could not set up like he would have wanted to.
Happens often that a seeing eye shot makes it in from the point. Habs scored on the chances they had,it happens,usually they muck it up.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Had a Canucks pal over on Monday, he asked me about the Habs injuries, and I didn’t even name Gallagher. He had to pry Drouin and Hoffman out of me, i commented that Savard is a decent loss with his play this year. It wasn’t until revisiting his question the next day I realized, oh yeah, Gallagher.
Gallagher reminds me of my tonsils,had them,became faulty,removed them, never missed them or gave them a second thought.lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad