Habs competitive edge - what do we do with it

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
You guys are all thinking like fans or business men
I propose that you take a look at it from the New York/ New Jersey self-employed entrepreneur point of view.
Stop spending all this crazy money on the best coach in the business, look at what a oaf like MT did with CP31 back stopping "da system".

I propose we go gray and hire "pros" with agendas to frequent visiting teams hotels; their goal: to tire out and intoxicate (with any means possible) members of the opposing team so they deliver sub par performances.
Montreal is a party city where hockey players are god, no one would be the wiser.
As a side benefit Montreal's stock would rise within the NHL
LOL

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
There's a few more small things you can do, like overpay for minor league depth.

Go out and find the best third string goalie in the league and pay him a lot to play in Hamilton (St John's). Do the same with some fringe defense and forwards - pay them no more than $950,000 on 1-way deals and they won't count on the cap. It bolsters the AHL team and provides insurance in case of injuries on the NHL team.

Worried about young guys being taken on waivers? Give them one-way deals and/or long term deals. Example - if you think one of Tinordi or Pateryn will have to go to the AHL next season, and another team might claim them on waivers, sign Tinordi to a 2-year 1-way deal for around $800,000. Extend Pateryn through 2016-17 on a 1-way deal for $800,000 or so.

Someone might put in a waiver claim on these guys, but if they are owed NHL money in 2016-17, they likely wouldn't bother. Arizona doesn't want to be stuck paying $1.6 million over the next 2 years if Tinordi doesn't pan out. But Montreal probably doesn't really care, knowing they can bury him in the minors if need be, without hurting the cap.

phoque taupe

May 15, 2010
Montréal
1)
2) Player development experts, I don't mean Patrice Brisebois, I mean legitimate guys who could even be coaches for an NHL team, again overpay.

d812j.jpg

1zlvcba.jpg

Les+confessions+de+Patrice+Brisebois.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad