Proposal: Habs & Columbus

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
not a fan of this deal and I'm sure CBJ fans would rather hold onto Anderson

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
1. Why are we helping Columbus make the playoffs but including them getting a 2nd round pick? That only indicates that the OP knows the value is off and a 2nd rounder doesn't fix that.

2. Why would Columbus trade Ryan Murray and Alexandre Texier for two lesser players at the same position?

3. Columbus went all in last year. They aren't doing that this year.

This seems to be "have Columbus trade three injured players for three lesser, uninjured players" which is just plain silly.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
1. Why are we helping Columbus make the playoffs but including them getting a 2nd round pick? That only indicates that the OP knows the value is off and a 2nd rounder doesn't fix that.

2. Why would Columbus trade Ryan Murray and Alexandre Texier for two lesser players at the same position?

3. Columbus went all in last year. They aren't doing that this year.

Who's lesser than Texier? lol

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Based on age, position, and the fact that they have similar point productions.

Texier wouldn't crack our top-3 lines at C with Suzuki, Domi and Danault and with Kotkaniemi in the fold. He's irrelevant from a Habs perspective. Lehkonen has more value to us than Texier.

That said, CBJ says no to the OP's offer. It wasn't thought out at all.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Texier wouldn't crack our top-3 lines at C with Suzuki, Domi and Danault and with Kotkaniemi in the fold. He's irrelevant from a Habs perspective. Lehkonen has more value to us than Texier.
Ok, it's still a horrible deal for Columbus.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Murray can't stay healthy, Lehkonen is a really good depth player to have, as is Texier so not sure either fan bases would like the swap.
I am not sure what Josh Anderson adds to the Habs, he is no improvement over Armia or Drouin.

I however could see Columbus being interested in Kovalchuck (or Tatar btw) before the TDL but they have no 2nd and do not wish to trade the 1st from what I hear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad