Habs clinch the PO! Byron blooming! Habs 6-2 vs Flo

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Yesterday I learned that Shawn Thornton is still in the NHL. Okie dokie.

For a guy who hits as much as Emelin he keeps a remarkable amount of them clean. I don't think he's dirty at all. And Thornton should know that the guy with the metal face actually answered the bell to freakin' Chara which still amazes me to this day. The guy has a heart of a lion for that.

but like one poster said I can kind of see Thornton's point a bit but it's not really Emelin's fault and even being a Hab fan I can honestly say Emelin's not a dirty player. Good to see that Emelin's playing well again. He might be over paid but with Benn now and an Emelin who's got his head back in the game we'll have ourselves a rock solid D going into the playoffs.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Thornton should ****, unless he's going to talk about the dirty hit on Martinsen 30 seconds before. But, he'll never comment on his dirty plays and teammates, only the other side. He never opened his yapper after Marchand's dirty plays, and Emelin hasn't done anything to resemble that little puke in Boston. What about that Demers dive after Weber's stick taps him in the pants? Is that how the game is played Shawn? Tool

guapo23

Sep 30, 2005
In other news, I'm looking forward to throwing King-Ott-Martinsen at people in the playoffs. Much more so than Carr-DD-Andrighetto, for example. Having McCarron to work into the mix is pure bonus.

This. Although I could see Carr developping into a solid player, having a gritty antagonistic body checking 4th line will really pay off.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Thornton should ****, unless he's going to talk about the dirty hit on Martinsen 30 seconds before. But, he'll never comment on his dirty plays and teammates, only the other side. He never opened his yapper after Marchand's dirty plays, and Emelin hasn't done anything to resemble that little puke in Boston. What about that Demers dive after Weber's stick taps him in the pants? Is that how the game is played Shawn? Tool

Thornton is a hypocrite. Who cares what a 4th liner in Florida thinks. Emelin plays on the line and the occasional time he crosses it. So what. Nobody will remember that bum a year after he retires anyways. Most people don't even know the bum still plays now anyways. You need one or two players like Emelin on your team to keep teams on their feet when you play against them. Hopefully the magnet that has been sucking Emelin to the right side of the ice disappears because that's all I care about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad